💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Cure @ jwt/ama's

MaybeKermit

Featured Posts

MaybeKermit

So I just watched the AMA's performance and I'm shook!
It's not her best one, but still very nice, bit explosive, cute, simple,...

When I was watching it I did start to think about sth...
This was one of her first performances that definitely had this explosive - Beyoncé-ish - feel to it. And I can't seem to wonder why she DOESN'T perform more songs like this on JWT itself... 

I find it weird that on her own show (with a huge stage etc), she prefers to perform The Cure (and other songs like PF, JD, ...) very simple: just the same old versions + choreography, but on the AMA's she decides to 'switch it up', 'because it's the AMA's'. 

That's something I can't seem to wrap my head around :oprah:

What I'm trying to say is: why don't they keep this performance at the JWT? It honestly comes across a bit lazy and not smart... You have this ****ing enormous + innovative stage, you should bring it everyyyyy time like it's your last time.... 

And no I'm not being negative: I love everything she does. Just don't know why she doesn't go all the way anymore... 

KleinGa

Maybe, just maybe because the AMAs performance was just three minutes and:

1. She had to showcase her tour to its fullest

2. She has to do TWO hours everynight, she cant be flouncing from stage to stage with explosives everywhere for two hours. Everything needs to be strategic and well thought out so her energy is well distributed throughout the shows.

3. Because she doesn't turnt it the f*ck up during one song at the show means that she doesn't go all the way?

NIGHTCRAWLER

I was wandering the same!! Why does she give more when she's on the AMA's and not in the tour itself. It's like she's promoting something but it's not even the real deal.

Granted, she performs The Cure every night aaaall the way at the end. Tonight, she started it with all her energy reserved. Plus, a lot of the new technical aspects of the stage and pyrotechnics and lighting were used for the special show, and are likely impractical for an every night use (like the giant spark cascade, I'm guessing).

3 points in and ready for more

GypsyBabe

If you are talking about her show as a whole...I just saw her a week ago and the energy she brought was insane and consistent throughout the entirety of the show. It was a spectacle and she utilizes all her stages.

If you are talking about just The Cure performance at the AMA’s vs. JWT, I really enjoy both performances. At the JWT it is an extremely charming part of set list and a nice segue from Bad Romance into Million Reasons. 

⚯͛

just another gay

guess too expensive to have all that amount of fireworks on every shows LOL

even Beyonce won't have that excessive amount of fireworks every night I think

It was SOOOOO AMAZING to see live. But yes, we did have to wait for 10 mins in between The Cure and Diamond Heart. Richy even came out at the beginning and told us that after The Cure, they were going to restart the show.

Andrea B

I saw her live and the energy was there, she was jumping, dancing, belting and SCREAMING the whole time that even the soccer moms that were behind me were screaming too 

RAMROD

Because she hyped since she performs for entire nation, hunty :sis:

Also the concert venue was hyped af lmao, look here

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

In the usual set list TC follows Bad Romance, which is very explosive and uses pyrotechnics and the stage lifts to great extent, so it would probably feel a bit tired doing the same thing twice.

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

Glamourpuss

I do agree.

But it's Lady Gaga. She doesn't really need to do all this extra stuff because it's just gimmicks really. She is the main focal point... and her voice is the most important thing for her to be showing off. I really think this is what the JWT is all about - her voice and no extra bling.

TheSlash

I think she just did it because she knew she had the opportunity to promote a song and what could support it better than explosives, a moving stage and an insanely slaying outfit :staymad: (+ amazing hair :queenga: ), especially on such an event as the AMAs.

Ew, David!

Battle 4 Ur Life
2 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Because she hyped since she performs for entire nation, hunty :sis:

Also the concert venue was hyped af lmao, look here

I wonder if they knew she was going to win. lol imagine the anti-climax and meltdowns if rihanna won. lmao.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

alp0707
2 minutes ago, WokePop said:

I wonder if they knew she was going to win. lol imagine the anti-climax and meltdowns if rihanna won. lmao.

It would  be hilarious

Illuminati

It was actually quite good, I almost didn't even expect her to change the outfit :sweat: She nailed that performance so I guess she delivered everything she promised.

Archived