💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

2018 GGD Top 40 Charts

DesertWolf

Featured Posts

DesertWolf

15.   RE Panic! at the Disco — High Hopes  Pk: 15  WoC: 2  LW: -  Pts:  13u (40u)

hero-11273-462347731.jpg?itok=oeXrjBa0

14.   NE Joni Mitchell — Night Ride Home   Pk: 14  WoC: 1  LW: -  Pts:  13u (14u)

p01bqjlz.jpg

13.   NE The 1975 — Love It If We Made It  Pk: 13  WoC: 1  LW: -  Pts:  13u

2016_The1975_MattSalacuse_070316-2-920x5

12.   RE Lady Gaga — Born This Way  Pk: 8  WoC: 7  LW: -  Pts:  13u (148u)

Lady_Gaga_Golden_globes_2019_2019_01_08_

11.   (=) Red Velvet — RBB (Really Bad Boy)  Pk: 11  WoC: 2  LW: 11  Pts:  13u (27u)

red-velvet.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DesertWolf

10.   (+) Billie Eilish — come out and play  Pk: 10  WoC: 2  LW: 37  Pts:  13u (24u)

9.     NE Britney Spears — Gimme More  Pk: 9  WoC: 1  LW: -  Pts:  13u (37u)

DesertWolf

8.     (-) Lady Gaga — Heal Me  Pk: 5  WoC: 9  LW: 5   Pts:  14u (371u)

7.     (+) Eleni Foureira — Tómame   Pk: 7  WoC: 5  LW: 10  Pts:  16u (86u)

DesertWolf

6.     RE Billie Eilish — when the party's over  Pk: 5  WoC: 5  LW: -  Pts:  23u (103u)

5.     (+) Ariana Grande — breathin  Pk: 1  WoC: 16  LW: 6  Pts:  24u (590u) GOLD

DesertWolf

4.     (-) Ariana Grande — Thank U, Next   Pk: 2  WoC: 6  LW: 3  Pts:  32u (292u)

3.     (-) Mark Ronson feat. Miley Cyrus — Nothing Breaks Like a Heart    Pk: 2  WoC: 2  LW: 2  Pts:  46u (94u)

DesertWolf

2.     (+) Lady Gaga — Always Remember Us This Way  Pk: 1  WoC: 10  LW: 4  Pts:  49u (835u) GOLD

DesertWolf

9th week atop of the chart, 5th consecutive, it becomes the first song to remain that long without falling from #1. Also this is Gaga's 11th consecutive week at #1 and 5th for Bradley Cooper. :firega::vegas:

1.     (=) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper — Shallow

Peak: 1  Weeks on Chart: 12   Last Week: 1  Points This Week:  61u (1.447u) PLATINUM

Zaskar

Singlehandedly sending Elvis Pelvis in top-20 on a gay website's weekly music charts :flutter: wow, my power :excited:

calmar
18 minutes ago, ARPiT said:

Sending Elvis in top-20 on a gay website music charts :flutter: wow, my power :excited:

I know, right. So many of the highest-charting songs on GGD are performed by female vocalists (whether independent artists or as part of a band.) The highest-charting song sung by a male artist I can find so far is Troye's "My My My", with 189 units (#45 on the chart.) Male singers from before the 2010s barely exist on the chart at all - hardly any Michael Jackson (he's a feature on a Drake song in 569th place), no Prince, no Elton, the Beatles have only one song and it's below the top 1000, etc. Elvis only has two songs on the chart, AYLT and CHFILWY.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Zaskar
17 minutes ago, calmar said:

I know, right. So many of the highest-charting songs on GGD are performed by female vocalists (whether independent artists or as part of a band.) The highest-charting song sung by a male artist I can find so far is Troye's "My My My", with 189 units (#45 on the chart.) Male singers from before the 2010s barely exist on the chart at all - hardly any Michael Jackson (he's a feature on a Drake song in 569th place), no Prince, no Elton, the Beatles have only one song and it's below the top 1000, etc. Elvis only has two songs on the chart, AYLT and CHFILWY.

Harry Styles also charted for a week :selena: but I get what you mean.

It's crazy though, because a female pop star, that too miss Britney Spears introduced me to Elvis :messga:

Without even listening to him, I thought his music would be boring, because, c'mon it's from 50s :poot: once I did try Jailhouse Rock and didn't like it much. So, I shut him down for indefinite time, until Miss Brit Brit comes on the stage, with her poor cover of Elvis' Can't Help Falling in Love. Here's the video I'm talking about:

I had never realised that Elvis catalogue might have ballads too (I love ballads). I immediately fell in love with this song, and started exploring him slowly. I love that Elv1s: 30 #1s album of his, and Are You Lonesome Tonight is my absolutely favourite due to that spoken part (that spoken bridge turns me on a little bit :messga:). However, due to his wide catalogue, and not having all of that properly on my streaming service, I'm stuck at Elv1s only :crossed:

However, Sir Elton not being on GGD's chart is quite homophobic :messga:

calmar
41 minutes ago, ARPiT said:

Without even listening to him, I thought his music would be boring, because, c'mon it's from 50s :poot: 

I can't relate to music being automatically considered boring because it's from the 50s, sorry :oops: That's when rock was born and many styles entered the popular ( = western white male) consciousness - doo-wop, swing, R&B, rockabilly, and a more modern conception of 'pop.' So many great artists come from the 50s besides Elvis - the Everly Brothers, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Harry Belafonte, Jerry Lee Lewis, Ray Charles, Paul Anka, Niel Sedaka, Bing Crosby, the Chordettes, Bobby Darin, Ritchie Valens, Bill Haley, Bo Diddley, Joe Turner, Brenda Lee, Peggy Lee, Fats Domino, Buddy Holly... 

You should def give 50's music a shot! :kara:

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

memomemome

At this point shallow will be definitely#1 until awards season is over (and probably until March?) Probably until New single is announced... 

DesertWolf
19 hours ago, calmar said:

(he's a feature on a Drake song in 569th place)

this scared me a bit, I had to check it fast cause I thought you hacked my computer or something :toofunny: right now it's at 888th place :oops: 

19 hours ago, ARPiT said:

However, Sir Elton not being on GGD's chart is quite homophobic :messga:

Elton John didn't make it to the top 40 yet, but Candle In The Wind has like 16u so far and there're a few songs with less than 10u 

It's kinda hard to get those artists on the chart, I see that many of us tend to listen to the newest releases (me included), so artists like Michael Jackson, Elton John or Elvis just appear randomly when one of us streams heavily some of their songs. Somehow Madonna managed to enter with a bunch of her old hits, but it just proves that male artists are not so welcome on our playlists. Even Bradley Cooper hasn't passed 100u with a solo song yet :huntyga: 

Good news is that Elvis will remain on the chart for a second week and he may reenter two weeks later. And also Prince will make it to the chart soon as someone has gave him a good number of streams recently. Also we have to keep in mind that right now we are in the middle of a era dominated by Gaga, which makes it harder for older artists to appear on the chart. 

I'm already working on the next chart, so I may upload it today or tomorrow :vegas:

calmar
15 minutes ago, crisjackd said:

this scared me a bit, I had to check it fast cause I thought you hacked my computer or something :toofunny: right now it's at 888th place :oops: 

Well remember I'm always gonna be a few steps behind you since I'm not looking at raw data, only the data you've published. :nick: 

16 minutes ago, crisjackd said:

Good news is that Elvis will remain on the chart for a second week and he may reenter two weeks later. And also Prince will make it to the chart soon as someone has gave him a good number of streams recently.

:vegas: I've been listening to his discography to try to find songs I like.

17 minutes ago, crisjackd said:

I'm already working on the next chart, so I may upload it today or tomorrow :vegas:

¡Muchas gracias! 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

DesertWolf

63rd Chart. Week of December 15, 2018:

40.   NE Avril Lavigne — My Happy Ending  Peak: 40  Weeks on Chart: 1  Last Week: -  Points This Week:  10u

avril-lavigne.jpg

39.   RE Portugal. The Man — Feel It Still  Pk: 19  WoC: 5  LW: -  Pts:  10u (76u)

full.jpeg

38.   RE Halsey — Hurricane  Pk: 30  WoC: 2  LW: -  Pts:  10u (21u)

Halsey-Mexico.jpg

37.   NE Zayn — Imprint  Pk: 37  WoC: 1  LW: -  Pts:  10u

1883881-zaynmalik_filmfare_edit-15469420

36.   RE SISTAR — Lonely  Pk: 23  WoC: 2  LW: -  Pts:  10u (22u)

sistar-profiles.jpg

35.   (-) The 1975 — Love It If We Made It  Pk: 13  WoC: 2  LW: 13  Pts:  10u (23u)

2016_The1975_MattSalacuse_070316-2-920x5

34.   NE Kesha — This Is Me  Pk: 34  WoC: 1  LW: -  Pts:  10u

kesha-2018-bbmas-red-carpet-1548.jpg

33.   RE Nicki Minaj — LLC  Pk: 29  WoC: 3  LW: -  Pts: 10u (47u)

Nicki-Minaj-Says-She-Wrote-her-FEFE-Vers

32.   NE Madonna — Love Don't Live Here Anymore  Pk: 32  WoC: 1  LW: -  Pts: 11u (18u)

1534327813-102974803madonna1.jpg

31.   RE Joni Mitchell — Both Sides Now  Pk: 31  WoC: 3  LW: -  Pts:  11u (42u)

p01bqjlz.jpg

Archived