Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
story

Just Saw A Star is Born Prescreening!

Ziggy

Featured Posts

Just now, Ziggy said:

Not all of it. It's more rock-folsky than country but there's also a handful of pop tunes as well

Wait, they play The Cure in the movie? :oprah:

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Saint Hollywood said:

May our pop dreams for this soundtrack rest in piss

hkiOJel.gif

Just when we thought the Joanne-country-indie-folk era was finally over. 

tumblr_mg8dx4cJj21rwpn15o12_r1_250.gif

1 minute ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

In a GP/non-biased POV how was her acting compared to AHS? I know it's a taboo topic but I'm scared cuz of the fillers. Does it hinder her ability in any way? The fillers were perfect for the Countess and Scathach but how is it here? will it blow us away or is it just good?

Everyone loved her acting. She was genuinely good and convincing. I actually thought she out-acted the so-so paced script. The dialogue is fine but you can tell she's so professional and dedicated to this that there must be a better cut to be made because she's great.

1 minute ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

In a GP/non-biased POV how was her acting compared to AHS? I know it's a taboo topic but I'm scared cuz of the fillers. Does it hinder her ability in any way? The fillers were perfect for the Countess and Scathach but how is it here? will it blow us away or is it just good?

And the Oscar goes to *opens envelope*  Lady Gaga "Epione"!!! :selena: 

who will love me when the night is over

1 minute ago, Doot said:

Wait, they play The Cure in the movie? :oprah:

No, but some sound like it! Easy pop like that! Also there's a reason Bradley showed up at SNL when Gaga played it if y'all remember :giggle:

1 minute ago, pedrohemg said:

Review? Oscar worth? Best Picture, Best actress nominations?

I think it was pretty much established that with the move to May and the likely Cannes push, the movie isn't going to be in the awards season race 

who will love me when the night is over

Just now, Ziggy said:

No, but some sound like it! Easy pop like that! Also there's a reason Bradley showed up at SNL when Gaga played it if y'all remember :giggle:

Here is a better question:

did you find her acting convincing in AHS?

also

did they ask you guys your thoughts on the film? I would assume so since it’s a screening

also

do you know how mad I am that I didn’t go when I live in the ****ing city?

BLACKOUTbritney
2 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

Review? Oscar worth? Best Picture, Best actress nominations?

Sweetie you need to lower your expectations. The movie is released in May so major awards like that are very very unlikely. Oscar nominations for the score and music is much more likely but anything else is doubtful 

Just now, Spock said:

I think it was pretty much established that with the move to May and the likely Cannes push, the movie isn't going to be in the awards season race 

It could for original score, definitely. Gaga made a great soundtrack for the movie and performs the living scheiße out of them

ZiggyZiggs
1 minute ago, Spock said:

nooooooooooooooooooo I was really hoping they push it for Awards

The Child
6 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

It depends. There's some like The Cure more pop r&b as she gets famous but starts and has her roots in more of a Joanne sound. So both. But there's a few solid pop numbers for fans

So this means Gaga is once again pleasing all her fans, those who prefer pop, those who prefer country and those who prefer r&b. :giveup:

Just now, Spock said:

Who cares about Cannes though? I'm French and I don't even care about that festival :madge:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Just now, Doot said:

Here is a better question:

did you find her acting convincing in AHS?

also

did they ask you guys your thoughts on the film? I would assume so since it’s a screening

also

do you know how mad I am that I didn’t go when I live in the ****ing city?

I thought she was fine in AHS from what I saw, but don't watch the show. This was solid, though, and I generally am picky with movie acting. It wasn't Meryll Streep or anything, but it was very good and wasn't something to make anyone cringe.

We filled out a survey at the end!

Lol

Just now, Ziggy said:

I thought she was fine in AHS from what I saw, but don't watch the show. This was solid, though, and I generally am picky with movie acting. It wasn't Meryll Streep or anything, but it was very good and wasn't something to make anyone cringe.

We filled out a survey at the end!

Lol

I literally had the info for this and didn’t go because I wanted to go to the arcade with my boyfriend and now my boyfriend is sick and sleeping on the couch and here I am wondering if a star really was born :madge:

• Admin changed the title to Just Saw A Star is Born Prescreening!

Archived