💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
story

Just Saw A Star is Born Prescreening!

Ziggy

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Is there a possibility that any of the songs can even be a hit in this day and age?

I'd reckon there's a chance with some of them. They're a good batch of songs

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MrA said:

That song you mentioned Gaga sang before, is it any old stuff like from pre-Fame era? If not I'm pretty sure is La vie en rose, right? :giggle:

Is it emotional? Did you cry?

I don't want to say specifically, but I will say Room in My Heart is not in it like some hoped.

The pacing for all "A Star is Born" films have always been slow. It is a drama so it's not like and action or super hero movie where it moves quickly with action back to back. I'm glad to hear the acting was well because that is what the critics are coming for. I can see some already saying she can't act because they won't be able to shake off the fact that it is Gaga they are seeing.

FrankGutz
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

The music was outstanding, bar none. Even if you don't like country or Joanne much, Gaga SELLS it with the performances. Also there is a song she has sung 1000000X times before in this movie, but it is fantastic to see it again.

so u r confiming is country? smh i knew it!!!

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Edonis
Just now, FrankGutz said:

Sis, they just said multiple times that there are different genres including a handful of pop/R&B songs :awkney:

Bad Monster Kid

Went to the screening as well. Overall the movie is good. I agree with the pacing issues. At two hours it drags a bit in the middle. The ending went by so fast and they could have spent more time on it.

Gagas acting is on point. Much better than AHS. Her and Bradley have great chemistry. I doubt she'll get an Oscar nom for best actress but she still did very good. For her first major movie role I'm actually amazed at how well she did. 

I do believe she will definitely get a nomination for best original song. Two songs really stood out, a duet and the final song. Both of these I could see winning an Oscar. Overall all the songs in the movie were really good and I can't wait to buy the soundtrack. 

Excited for you guys to see it. As a fan you will love it. 

52 minutes ago, FrankGutz said:

Not exactly. It's more like folk rock. Joanne isn't even country minus a few songs, but even here it has more of a rock vibe than country. There's some influence of it here and there but it isn't Million Reasons or anything. There's also a good handful of VERY pop songs with r&b influence so those may be more to your taste.

4 minutes ago, Bad Monster Kid said:

Went to the screening as well. Overall the movie is good. I agree with the pacing issues. At two hours it drags a bit in the middle. The ending went by so fast and they could have spent more time on it.

Gagas acting is on point. Much better than AHS. Her and Bradley have great chemistry. I doubt she'll get an Oscar nom for best actress but she still did very good. For her first major movie role I'm actually amazed at how well she did. 

I do believe she will definitely get a nomination for best original song. Two songs really stood out, a duet and the final song. Both of these I could see winning an Oscar. Overall all the songs in the movie were really good and I can't wait to buy the soundtrack. 

Excited for you guys to see it. As a fan you will love it. 

Yeah! I found myself really wanting to listen to the full versions of the songs after the movie was done. My overall assessment is that it has good bones, they just need to be assembled differently 

Bad Monster Kid
Just now, Ziggy said:

Yeah! I found myself really wanting to listen to the full versions of the songs after the movie was done. My overall assessment is that it has good bones, they just need to be assembled differently 

The flow is a little off but they can still fix that. Not worried about it. 

The songs are so good tho, wish I could buy it now. 

FrankGutz
2 hours ago, Edonis said:

Sis, they just said multiple times that there are different genres including a handful of pop/R&B songs :awkney:

sorry, im just reading the full thing and saw the comments, sorry :lolly:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

FrankGutz
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

Not exactly. It's more like folk rock. Joanne isn't even country minus a few songs, but even here it has more of a rock vibe than country. There's some influence of it here and there but it isn't Million Reasons or anything. There's also a good handful of VERY pop songs with r&b influence so those may be more to your taste.

yas!!! i lowkey like folk rock, my other 2 faves Mandy Moore and Sophie Ellis Bextor are doing that rn, excited tbh

5 hours ago, Ziggy said:

The music was outstanding, bar none. Even if you don't like country or Joanne much, Gaga SELLS it with the performances. Also there is a song she has sung 1000000X times before in this movie, but it is fantastic to see it again.

So the La Vie En Rose rumors are true....YES THIS IS GONNA BE AMAZING 

51 minutes ago, BloodyGlory said:

Did she have sex with Bradley? Could you see her tits and pu ssy?

Apparently her cootch shows for like a split second or something. OP didn't mention anything about tits/sex, but I don't expect tits. Probably some sex but not HBO level.

• Admin changed the title to Just Saw A Star is Born Prescreening!

Archived