story

Just Saw A Star is Born Prescreening!

Ziggy

Featured Posts

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Robert said:

What I wanna know is: is this movie a musical? Are there scenes where the characters sing instead of talking (like in all the classic musicals), or they only sing when they perform on stage? I hope you understand what I mean and sorry if it's a stupid question, but I never saw this movie before and I don't know anything about it!!!!

It's no Singin' in the Rain. There's a little singing off-stage here and there, but for the most part nah. And they don't do whole songs like in other movie musicals

1 minute ago, Katie14 said:

cool. Did you see a girl wearing a black dress and denim jacket? :gaycat:

I honestly don't remember, but they do a pretty good shot of the audience so keep your eyes peeled when you watch!

DiamondAngel
3 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I honestly don't remember, but they do a pretty good shot of the audience so keep your eyes peeled when you watch!

Hi Ziggy, thank you for answering fan questions. I have a couple regarding the music, because I'm so thirsty for new Gaga music and folk/rock is my favorite genre so I'm very excited!

1. How many songs were there? I know you don't know an exact number, but I'm just wondering if we'll be getting a soundtrack more along the lines of 8-9 songs or 14-16. 

2. Are there any songs that resemble the stadium rock elements of You and I and Diamond Heart, or were the more upbeat songs more in the vein of The Cure? I was hoping Joanne would give me more of that, but other than diamond heart (and kind of perfect illusion), it didn't deliver in that regard. 

3. Were the ballads some of her best? How many ballads were there? Any on just piano?

If this is too many questions or too specific and you don't feel comfortable answering that's fine, im just so thirsty for new music :sweat:

Thank you! :) 

LeJudas
1 minute ago, GAGA1972 said:

Hi Ziggy, thank you for answering fan questions. I have a couple regarding the music, because I'm so thirsty for new Gaga music and folk/rock is my favorite genre so I'm very excited!

1. How many songs were there? I know you don't know an exact number, but I'm just wondering if we'll be getting a soundtrack more along the lines of 8-9 songs or 14-16. 

2. Are there any songs that resemble the stadium rock elements of You and I and Diamond Heart, or were the more upbeat songs more in the vein of The Cure? I was hoping Joanne would give me more of that, but other than diamond heart (and kind of perfect illusion), it didn't deliver in that regard. 

3. Were the ballads some of her best? How many ballads were there? Any on just piano?

If this is too many questions or too specific and you don't feel comfortable answering that's fine, im just so thirsty for new music :sweat:

Gaga should make a new company that sells water bottle and various drinks and also dildos for the DICers.

4 minutes ago, GAGA1972 said:

You're welcome!

1. I'd say somewhere between your ranges

2. The former, for sure. There's a handful of pop songs in the vein of The Cure, but mostly the former and they're very good.

3. I personally really loved the ballads, more than the pop songs. They felt very very universal. Plenty start on piano and evolve. It's possible the album has both versions as they're pretty different. They're some good ol' fashioned stadium rock sounds. My friend actually said that they thought songs like that were what Joanne would be and would fit the album's sonic goals well.

DiamondAngel
1 minute ago, Ziggy said:

You're welcome!

1. I'd say somewhere between your ranges

2. The former, for sure. There's a handful of pop songs in the vein of The Cure, but mostly the former and they're very good.

3. I personally really loved the ballads, more than the pop songs. They felt very very universal. Plenty start on piano and evolve. It's possible the album has both versions as they're pretty different. They're some good ol' fashioned stadium rock sounds.

From what you're saying it sounds like a soundtrack will end up being my favorite Gaga album! Ahhhhhhh I'm so excited for this thank you for answering 

DiamondAngel
3 minutes ago, LeJudas said:

Gaga should make a new company that sells water bottle and various drinks and also dildos for the DICers.

I don't know what this has to do with the post of mine that you quoted but yeah I'm down for that to happen :toofunny:

Just now, GAGA1972 said:

From what you're saying it sounds like a soundtrack will end up being my favorite Gaga album! Ahhhhhhh I'm so excited for this thank you for answering 

You're welcome! If you've wanted Gaga to do a more straight forward rock sound, these ballads and other songs are a good indication of what that might sound like.

DiamondAngel

You're welcome! If you've wanted Gaga to do a more straight forward rock sound, these ballads and other songs are a good indication of what that might sound like.

I've wanted a rock and ballads album from Gaga her whole career. Full of Diamond Hearts, You and Is, Til It Happens to Yous, Million Reasons :giveup::giveup::giveup:

1 minute ago, GAGA1972 said:

I've wanted a rock and ballads album from Gaga her whole career. Full of Diamond Hearts, You and Is, Til It Happens to Yous, Million Reasons :giveup::giveup::giveup:

Then you have several songs to make you happy coming!

3 minutes ago, GAGA1972 said:

The big song of the movie I actually think you'll really really love. It was my favorite and was a big ol' stadium ballad

DiamondAngel

The big song of the movie I actually think you'll really really love. It was my favorite and was a big ol' stadium ballad

For some reason I've been moving away from pop and more towards rock/folk/ballads. I think I really just like electropop. Which was popular for about 4 years, 2008-2011. When The Fame, TFM, Circus, Femme Fatale, Animal/Cannibal, Can't Be Tamed, Bionic  and all that was released. I love THAT pop. But other than that I'm just not really a fan of pop. I think it's why I love LWYMMD and RFI by Taylor right now - it's very electropop and reminds me of that. But that period of time was when I really got into music. Now that the whole electropop period is over, I find myself very uninterested in pop, so I feel like Joanne , Younger Now, Rainbow- and apparently ASIB - came at a great time. I may not be that into pop anymore but I love what my old faves are making! 

Archived