đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Xtina's singles peaked so low?

Phoebe Buffay

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, monster987 said:

Are u from the US? Because I think she was only banned on the US radios.

Yez im in the US

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, monster987 said:

@MarlonBrando7 @Married the Night

Quote:

When the DWAD tour was being planned, ClearChannel Communications offered to sponsor it for a cut of the profits in return. Britney was having her lucrative deal with Pepsi who wanted to sponsor the tour, and Jive decided to go with them. ClearChannel got angry and told all the radio stations they owned, which was like most of it, to blacklist Britney. Slave had already been released and stalled at 27. All the other singles flopped in The US.

When the Onyx Hotel Tour was being planned, ClearChannel again approached Jive and offered its services, and Jive said yes. MATM was out by then and had a troubled run, stalling even lower than Slave, but once the tour started Britney had radio support again, AND her blockbuster Toxic was the first song to get the benefit of full radio support since, and the people LOVED the song too. Everytime also did well.

If you ask me, that was HANDS-DOWN the worst mistake of Britney's career. Before that, BOMT shipped 14 million in the States and OIDIA sold 10 million. Britney had two diamond albums and a fantastic reputation under her belt. Her third album sold purely on the strength of Slave alone, and her reputation as a performer. The album got 4 million in the US. It coincided with the advent of illegal downloading, but if Britney had been given a proper chance, she would have sold way higher, maybe 7 or 8 million, AND in result, ITZ (and maybe even Blackout and Circus) would have all sold just a little bit higher than they have now.

Quote:

Britney got banned on radio from late 2001 because ClearChannel asked Jive to let them be a sponsor for the Dream Within A Dream Tour and Jive told them they were going with AEG. ClearChannel got pissed off and banned Britney from being played on the radio in retaliation. This lasted from 2001 to 2003, meaning that the singles from Overprotected to Me Against The Music weren't allowed to be played. Slave was getting airplay, but was blacklisted halfway through, which is why it stopped rising on the Billboard Charts and peaked at #27

Source: ATRL :selena:

Isn't it illegal? it's blackmailing :shrug:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

brit4ever
5 hours ago, River said:

Isn't it illegal? it's blackmailing :shrug:

It realy is, Team B should have sewed them.

Archived