Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

"Bad Romance" Should've Won ROTY & SOTY

WildAmerican

Featured Posts

WildAmerican

I know this won't be a controversial opinion here, but Bad Romance should've won Record and Song of the Year. It still remains Gaga's best song, after all these years not because of her newer material, but because BR is such a phenomenal piece of art. I have no idea why it wasn't even nominated in either category. It really should've won both:

Song of the Year: Well written songs are awarded here for their lyrics and their melody. How much of a classic is the song? Can it be performed many different ways? Will it still be fresh years later? Is it timeless:

Record of the Year: Songs are rewarded here for their production, impact and overall success:

It's explosive, one of the best selling songs of all time, was the most viewed YT video at one point, and has reached iconic status to the GP (play it for any group of people and watch them bop just watch) 

It's my favorite song of all time, and I think about this a lot. Now it has 2 Grammys, which is incredible for a single song, but the fact that it was snubbed in two major categories while winning in two others is just bizarre.

The climax of BR is the greatest moment in pop music history too so there's that.

2 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

It still remains Gaga's best song, after all these years not because of her newer material, but because BR is such a phenomenal piece of art.

Anyone who says otherwise, I will sue.

I know many people who hate Gaga's music, but the second I turn on BR they know every word. The song is in every definition of the word, iconic. Everything about the song is phenomenal no matter if it's sung as a ballad or in its studio version. One of the most underrated bops out there. Not hitting #1 is one of the biggest crimes of the century.

It should have been #1 on billboard charts too:firega:

"If you expected me to lose out of generosity, I'm truly sorry!"

Just now, gabeoz said:

I know many people who hate Gaga's music, but the second I turn on BR they know every word. The song is in every definition of the word, iconic. Everything about the song is phenomenal no matter if it's sung as a ballad or in its studio version. 

I think the issue is that people think that Gaga sucks if she doesn't top Bad Romance, but that is silly. Just about every single artist has a definitive song or two. Gaga's is Bad Romance (and to a lesser extent Born This Way).

SpookyKid

I don't think it's her best song, it's good, but not her finest

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

nswain1110

Agreed - the fact she wasn't nominated in either category is a crime. And then Lady Antebellum went on to win both with Need You Now, which is a good song, but its impact and legacy don't come close to BR.

The academy got it wrong. Damn shame. 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

TheRoof
5 minutes ago, Yonce Jr said:

It should have been #1 on billboard charts too:firega:

i hope the good sis Kesha is Praying.mp3 for redemption

Gagaloo911

Honey it's time to let it go. It's all in the past and there's nothing that can change that now. 

PeachJug
37 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

The climax of BR is the greatest moment in pop music history too so there's that.

yaaas

ArtGagaPop

Agree. Its not my personal favorite song of her but everything about the song just screams iconic and song should really won those 2 grammys.  The song is timeless and the video one of the best of the 2000s. :firega:

Archived