Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Pop Music Will Never Be Low Brow

VillainTina

Featured Posts

VillainTina

f56d7bf33301efa2840709c7a63a5fe8.jpg

Remember this infamous quote from the queen herself during the fame days ?

yeah she has contradicted herself to the point where pop music is not even mainstream anymore 

i think this has happened because pop artist wanna take years and years to release their "best" 

and because of that it's not a 2010/11 Pop Craze where the most iconic moments were made 

everyone is releasing music at different times and its hard to keep track of artist when theyre not

working to be the one and only any more.

this is why trash ass rap music is taking over, all them artist are releasing "hit" after "hit"

and are keeping up and wanting to prove their throne (even tho most are new rappers fresh off of soundcloud)

pop girls need to work together around the same time and release around the same time because if not

pop culture will keep declining money wize and media wize

literally no one cares about pop artist anymore, last time i remember having had a conversation about pop artist

(outside of GGD) since 2010-13 days

it makes me feel old and out of style 

i wish more people would appreciate pop culture as much as i do and get rid of half of these mumble rappers

Queen Of Red M&M's /// Linda Evangelista /// Id Like To Keep It On Please 😶

Luxe Ford

Pop music can, and often is, extremly low brow. I know the pop industry is in dire need of CPR right now, but I'm not *too* worried. A phemomenon of Lady Gaga's calibre is allways an anomaly, more so then ever lately. The record industry has been dying for over a decade now. I can't say for sure, but its certainly in constant change.

Pop music isn't dead or dying. Definitly malnourished, but I'm sure someone will defy me one day. Hopefully soon.

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

"Pop" music is not in right now, but outside a few names, pop has been super sh*tty the last few years. I blame big, annoying and corny songs like Roar, Shake It Off, Happy, All About That Bass, etc etc for that. People (especially an important demographic like millennials) got tired of it . 

It's a cycle tho. 

Oh and, by the way, not every rap/urban song is terrible. Urban has been excellent during 2015-2017. That's why it's so popular. Artists like SZA, Bruno, The Weeknd and Kendrick Lamar are a perfect example of this. 

VillainTina
2 minutes ago, Luxe Ford said:

Pop music can, and often is, extremly low brow. I know the pop industry is in dire need of CPR right now, but I'm not *too* worried. A phemomenon of Lady Gaga's calibre is allways an anomaly, more so then ever lately. The record industry has been dying for over a decade now. I can't say for sure, but its certainly in constant change.

Pop music isn't dead or dying. Definitly malnourished, but I'm sure someone will defy me one day. Hopefully soon.

dont soon me im only gonna be young now  

im only getting older its not fair that just a decade ago britney was dominating and all these pop artist were dominating 

and there smash hit was in all the clubs on repeat, the adrenaline for pop music them must of been better the now it is today 

and im kinda sad that i wont be able to experience pop girlz dominating in a public place thats not a concert

and everybody accually enjoying it 

im only 17

i made this post because i recently went to witness the tour (last friday and on wens.)  and there were people that kept sitting down

that pissed me off because i paid my money to party to katy and i was the only one standing and dancing thru

her whole set sad and happy songs giving her all my drunk energy while i was living others were dying

just sittimg there on their phones not even looking at katy thru multiple songs like siss..

VillainTina
2 minutes ago, Lokiy said:

"Pop" music is not in right now, but outside a few names, pop has been super sh*tty the last few years. I blame big, annoying and corny songs like Roar, Shake It Off, Happy, All About That Bass, etc etc for that. People (especially an important demographic like millennials) got tired of it . 

It's a cycle tho. 

Oh and, by the way, not every rap/urban song is terrible. Urban has been excellent during 2015-2017. That's why it's so popular. Artists like SZA, Bruno, The Weeknd and Kendrick Lamar are a perfect example of this. 

the weeknd is a pop artist and so is bruno 

when you buy bruno and weeknd tickets they are under the pop and rock section

VillainTina
Just now, HausAlly said:

this was obviously quoted before the chainsmokers 

lol **** them this is about pop artist not bands

13 minutes ago, VillainTina said:

the weeknd is a pop artist and so is bruno 

when you buy bruno and weeknd tickets they are under the pop and rock section

The Weeknd and Bruno are part of the urban/rhythmic community. 

Those were just a few examples, of course. Post Malone/Chance The Rapper/J. Cole/Khalid music is good, Frank Ocean is a genius, Rihanna and Beyoncé are goddesses, etc etc. And of course there are sh*tty artists (Migos!), but they're not the entire genre. 

In like 3 or 4 years (maybe less) pop music will be extremely popular again, don't worry. This is normal.

VillainTina
7 minutes ago, Lokiy said:

The Weeknd and Bruno are part of the urban/rhythmic community. 

Those were just a few examples, of course. Post Malone/Chance The Rapper/J. Cole/Khalid music is good, Frank Ocean is a good, etc etc. Of course there are sh*tty rappers (Migos!), but they're not the entire genre. 

In like 3 or 4 years (maybe less) pop music will be extremely popular again, don't worry. This is normal. 

i dont like rappers only a select few . all rappers should just stay as features 

i likr the rappers from 2011 and the urban artist that make me feel something like THE WEEKND, rih, bey, azelia, Miguel, Usher Ect..

if u not speaking something REAL and its all about icy wat and i can fack ur betch im not supporting :grr::staymad:

ryanripley
18 minutes ago, VillainTina said:

dont soon me im only gonna be young now  

im only getting older its not fair that just a decade ago britney was dominating and all these pop artist were dominating 

and there smash hit was in all the clubs on repeat, the adrenaline for pop music them must of been better the now it is today 

and im kinda sad that i wont be able to experience pop girlz dominating in a public place thats not a concert

and everybody accually enjoying it 

im only 17

i made this post because i recently went to witness the tour (last friday and on wens.)  and there were people that kept sitting down

that pissed me off because i paid my money to party to katy and i was the only one standing and dancing thru

her whole set sad and happy songs giving her all my drunk energy while i was living others were dying

just sittimg there on their phones not even looking at katy thru multiple songs like siss..

you can still listen to pop music when you’re an adult, it’s not a big deal :awkney: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

VillainTina

1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

you can still listen to pop music when you’re an adult, it’s not a big deal :awkney: 

i feel like my childhood is coming to an end because i really hate todays music with a passion

and im sad no one can witness.mp3 these pop girls and love the as much as i do

ryanripley
Just now, VillainTina said:

i feel like my childhood is coming to an end because i really hate todays music with a passion

and im sad no one can witness.mp3 these pop girls and love the as much as i do

you’ll be fine, once you hit 18, pop music will be the least of your problems :bon: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

VillainTina
2 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

you’ll be fine, once you hit 18, pop music will be the least of your problems :bon: 

:giveup::giveup::giveup::grr::grr::giveup:

Trepadation
1 hour ago, VillainTina said:

i dont like rappers only a select few . all rappers should just stay as features 

i likr the rappers from 2011 and the urban artist that make me feel something like THE WEEKND, rih, bey, azelia, Miguel, Usher Ect..

if u not speaking something REAL and its all about icy wat and i can fack ur betch im not supporting :grr::staymad:

:sure:Azealia is the only rapper you listed :trollga: 

Also underage drinking 

Archived