opinion

Juju's Top 50: Artists

juju

Featured Posts

Trepadation
9 hours ago, that juju said:

Nicki Minaj

3f30dafb82ea5f0fc3df7bfefbfc54f2.gif

Upon her rise to fan during "the mixtape days", I was a huge Barb. Like, huge. Tweeting her every Friday wearing pink huge. Over the years, I've come off it a bit, but she still remains one of my most played artists. Nicki, at her best, is unstoppable, and looking back at all her albums, I can't think of not one negative to say about any of them - they've all been incredibly strong, especially my favorite, Roman Reloaded. She, for the most part, delivers pure quality (we will dismiss her most recent releases for the sake of this statement) and it's always exciting to see what she'll pull out next.

Most Streamed Song

(y'all I was on a lot of drugs in 2010, forgive me :laughga: (that sample is godly, though) ) 

Your love is my fav. One of the best mvs of the century. 

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Antonio
11 hours ago, that juju said:

Madonna

tumblr_inline_nmt5tvejP21tov9al_500.gif

Honestly, what is there even to say? I could sit here all day and talk Madonna - discourse over her career, her creative choices, their reception, everything. Her rise to the top was one of a kind - unlike anything the pop world had ever experienced before. Looking back, it may seem like it's not really that big of a deal, but believe me when I say it was. None of our faves today would be quite who they are without this Queen's influence. I have a very love/hate relationship with her, but it's because she really is *that* type of artist - uncompromising, unwavering, imperishable. If I had to pinpoint my favorite moments in her career, they'd all come around her string of eclectic 90s releases, and into the 00s. Even though she sort of fell off for me post-Celebration, her legacy is forever engraved into the world of pop, and I couldn't be any more pleased than to have lived through most of her reign as Queen of Everything. There is, and will always be, only one Madonna.

Most Streamed Song

(I sort of want to defy this, but it's true - this song is that good that it gets all my coins)

I expected top 10 but :giveup:

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

So many new artists/music for me to listen. Definately gonna check some of them out when i have more time. :music:Thank you for making this thread! :worship2::hug:

Can't wait to read/listen the last bit... :excited2:

Meruk Holland
14 hours ago, that juju said:

Rihanna

86Ogw.gif

The bad gyal has arrived! Rihanna has remained one of the biggest pop girls in the game for over a decade now, so obviously she was going to make the list. To be honest, with the release of her first two albums, I didn't think much of her - that she'd inevitably fade away. But then... Good Girl Gone Bad happened, and her career did a complete 180 and headed into the realm of iconic. I've enjoyed every release since then, and it's been a treat to see her grow and evolve into the artist that she is today.

Most Played Song

(this song RULED my summers back in the day, so it's no surprise it's the most played, although it isn't my fave)

I'm waaaay late, but I have a special place in my heart for Rude Boy. Particularly for this perfomance

Never before have I so badly wanted to be sexxx'ed by a robot.

5 hours ago, tthen said:

WHERE'S TOP 10 

it's coming in the next few minutes! :excited2: 

6 hours ago, Antonio said:

I expected top 10 but :giveup:

Madge was Top 10 for like, ages, but the numbers are all so close :diane: 

5 hours ago, Katiii said:

So many new artists/music for me to listen. Definately gonna check some of them out when i have more time. :music:Thank you for making this thread! :worship2::hug:

Can't wait to read/listen the last bit... :excited2:

thanks for joining us :hug: I hope you find some new faves in the mix!

❤ x ❤

3 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

will it include gaga? :selena: 

....maybe :trollga: Y'all gon have to wait to see!!

#10 is coming up, come one come all!

❤ x ❤

1 minute ago, BBhomemaker said:

I bet that Grimes is coming soon :hor:

Grimes is actually #96 :selena: 

❤ x ❤

16 hours ago, Gardevoir said:

I’m PST West Coast I don’t have class tomorrow 

c'mon queen it's starting :tony: 

❤ x ❤

Archived