💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga on LV shooting - calls for unity and legal action

Rifek

Featured Posts

Sister

I have zero tolerance for guns and violence and I am an American citizen.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Xoxo Adriana
5 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

We do NOT know if it's terrorism yet. 

Excuse me no all you want. The media and authorities aren't using that word yet because: 

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) defines terrorism as “the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.

Anything that causes panic and terror in a public situation is always deemed "terrorism". Even it if happened to be a bunch of pissed off teenagers who wanted to get revenge on the people for whatever reason it's still terrorism, ISIS or any of those terror groups didn't invent the word. There haven't really been any public attacks that weren't caused by terrorism, and i'd say it was terrorism. The bastards have been striking places more often now, its concerning who and when they'll attack next. 

Ziggy
2 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

I disagree. I will call it terrorism when we know the motive. That is how the authorities define it every single time. 

The word terrorism gets thrown around too easily by people. 

This was a massacre, a horrible crime. Until I know details I will reserve from calling it a terrorist attack. 

I understand the sentiment because I think in that regard we are in agreement-- it does get thrown around too frequently to the point where it has just become a buzz word. However, in this case, what I'm saying is that regardless of his motive, he must have known what kind of hysteria and panic this would cause in the crowd below. To act on his motives with that knowledge, to me, makes him culpable for said aftermath. Even if his intent was not to cause the insanity that did occur, I find it impossible to believe that he didn't know it would happen if he went through with what he did. And so with that in mind, he committed an act of terror because he must have known and still pursued his motives regardless. He's still responsible for the terror that followed. I see your point where his intent could very well not have directly been to cause terror and spread fear among the masses specifically, but the fact that that was an incredibly obvious biproduct of his actions and he still acted as he did leads me to labeling him as a terrorist.

Like I said, though, I do agree that the word is too carelessly used. It almost has a romantic tone to it now and the victims are given this holy treatment and the gunman is an absolute abominable evil. It's this weird fetishization of tragedy.

5 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

And @Red I'm actually offended you'd think I'm that ignorant :smh: 

And I’m offended by people nitpicking stuff 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

JohnnyVersace
6 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

Excuse me no all you want. The media and authorities aren't using that word yet because: 

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) defines terrorism as “the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.

So shooting into a mass crowd doesn't count as "intimidating the civilian population" to you?

The ONLY reason people aren't calling this terrorism is because he's a privileged white male. Plain and simple. 

Morphine Prince
46 minutes ago, Red said:

And I’m offended by people nitpicking stuff 

Seriously? Wow...so that warrants putting words in my mouth apparently. 

As if I would be the person to thinks only ISIS attacks are terrorist attacks :smh: 

President Trump
1 hour ago, JohnnyVersace said:

So shooting into a mass crowd doesn't count as "intimidating the civilian population" to you?

The ONLY reason people aren't calling this terrorism is because he's a privileged white male. Plain and simple. 

They might as well just officially add "privileged" to the term "white male" to save all you liberals some time. Also, they're probably not calling it terrorism because he wasn't shouting, "Allah! Allah!"

Ma ma pa pa pa

JohnnyVersace
6 minutes ago, President Trump said:

They might as well just officially add "privileged" to the term "white male" to save all you liberals some time. Also, they're probably not calling it terrorism because he wasn't shouting, "Allah! Allah!"

You literally just proved my point tho. 

He's a middle-class, wealthy-enough white, straight gambler. That's privilege. Had he been another race, or Muslim, every news outlet would have called this an act of terror. Because he's a white guy, everyone's scared to label it. He incited terror, fear, violence and death. That's terrorism, straight up. 

If the feds don't call it terrorism, Nevada can:  Nevada’s statute refers to an act of terrorism as “any act that involves the use or attempted use of sabotage, coercion or violence which is intended to cause great bodily harm or death to the general population.”

I live outside the space time continuum.

2 hours ago, JohnnyVersace said:

is because he's a privileged white male

Way to offend like half the fan base here. I'm a white male and I feel offended by this stereotype. I always take things for face value and never judge people beforehand. Please stop generalizing.

It seems like ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack and said that the attacker converted to Islam several months ago.

Some unfounded sources claim that the attacker was also a Trump hater democrat, but this is not confirmed.

President Trump
1 hour ago, JohnnyVersace said:

You literally just proved my point tho. 

He's a middle-class, wealthy-enough white, straight gambler. That's privilege. Had he been another race, or Muslim, every news outlet would have called this an act of terror. Because he's a white guy, everyone's scared to label it. He incited terror, fear, violence and death. That's terrorism, straight up. 

Oh, you're debating the literal definition of "terrorism." That's an incredibly boring discussion. Pass.

Also, the quote in bold is the funniest thing I've read all day!

Ma ma pa pa pa

PartySick

Why are you guys still debating whether it was terrorism or not? :sweat:

The facts are that it doesn't YET meet the federal/literal definition of terrorism but it does meet Nevada's definition. It also lines up with what most civilians would call "terrorism". Whichever definition you decide to follow is up to you. Would it have been more widely labelled as "terrorism" if he were, say, Muslim? Yeah, probably. But that's an unfortunate and ignorant bit of our society that we should work to oppose :shrug: In the meantime though, dozens of people lost their lives and hundreds more were injured. Now isn't really the time to argue labels and semantics :sweat:

When we know his motives, we can deal with any bigger threats that may come. For now, all that matters is you offer your condolences, take part in a discussion to help put a stop to these senseless attacks, and work to heal the ever widening divide between the left and right. We all share this land, let's act like it and take control of the situation.

Melanie, 5/29 | Janet, 7/20 💃💚✨

14 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

Just curious, with that definition, as I found to be consistent with OED, would Lady Gaga be a terrorist if she used this act/incident/event of violence against persons in furtherance of her political social objectives of gun control?

8 hours ago, Unwavering said:

Way to offend like half the fan base here. I'm a white male and I feel offended by this stereotype. I always take things for face value and never judge people beforehand. Please stop generalizing.

It seems like ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack and said that the attacker converted to Islam several months ago.

Some unfounded sources claim that the attacker was also a Trump hater democrat, but this is not confirmed.

Honestly where do you get your news from? half of your post is a complete lie that has been proven fake news spread by alt-right groups to muddy the conversation. Use a fact checker. He has not been proven to be anti Trump and ISIS have claimed nothing.

It is absolute white privilage to commit a horrific act like this and it not be regarded as terrorism. Thats what people are trying to say. If you're offended by this, how on earth do you think non affiliated, peaceful Muslims feel every time there is an ISIS claimed terror attack?

3 hours ago, Mars said:

Honestly where do you get your news from? half of your post is a complete lie that has been proven fake news spread by alt-right groups to muddy the conversation.

Did you miss where I said "this is not confirmed"? Nice reading comprehension.

3 hours ago, Mars said:

ISIS have claimed nothing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/stephen-paddock-mandalay-bay-attacker-motive/

Spoiler

The Islamic State terror group claimed Paddock converted to Islam a few months ago, through its official Amaq news channel.

3 hours ago, Mars said:

If you're offended by this, how on earth do you think non affiliated, peaceful Muslims feel every time there is an ISIS claimed terror attack?

This is a red herring logical fallacy.

3 hours ago, Mars said:

It is absolute white privilage to commit a horrific act like this and it not be regarded as terrorism.

Spoiler

By dictionary definition, a terrorist is someone who unlawfully uses “violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims,” with no requirement of belonging to an organization, or acting on its behalf. From this perspective, it does not make sense to call someone a “terrorist” in the the immediate aftermath of an attack when investigation are still ongoing, in absence of clear indication of an ideological motive.

By dictionary definition, a mass murderer must have a clear ideological motive to be called a terrorist. That doesn't make the shooting less bad, it's just semantics.

Archived