💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why do people say Madonna is Talentless?

Stevo

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond
7 minutes ago, insight said:

Just because she admitted to it doesn't change the fact that she still put her name on it when she barely changed anything. Notice that she's vague when she says what she changed ("changed the things I wanted to change") so we don't see the real truth of the one word she changed. Plus, she was around long enough at the time to know what sometimes, songs were given to other artists first, so it doesn't fly that she didn't have a clue that Ingrid had been given the track originally. You'd think she'd enquire if the song was completely new and if anyone else had ever sung it.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Omar Vela said:

A talented business woman: YES
A talented artist: Not at all
Is that bad: No
That makes her less important in pop history: No
Should Medonners stop trying to make her look like a modern Wagner?: Of course!!

6b7c928e74bf8fd0715e1e7e656e8ac6.gif

DeanWinchester
2 minutes ago, Omar Vela said:

Evita was horrible...but ok

Nice to know your opinion outweighs that of the industry at the time. :lolly:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Xoxo Adriana

Remember guys, if you're ever having a bad day and Madonna is your idol and she's getting dragged on this thread for "having no talent"...just remember Katy Perry exists :ladyhaha: 

Spoiler

and katy wants you to know she exists too :reductive: 

Omar Vela
4 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

Nice to know your opinion outweighs that of the industry at the time. :lolly:

The great Patti Lupone agrees with me

5 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Just because she admitted to it doesn't change the fact that she still put her name on it when she barely changed anything. Notice that she's vague when she says what she changed ("changed the things I wanted to change") so we don't see the real truth of the one word she changed. Plus, she was around long enough at the time to know what sometimes, songs were given to other artists first, so it doesn't fly that she didn't have a clue that Ingrid had been given the track originally. You'd think she'd enquire if the song was completely new and if anyone else had ever sung it.

http://ew.com/article/1991/02/01/controversy-over-justify-my-love/

https://youtu.be/1bH7UkZnkPA?t=16m39s

sipthistea

I think people say she's talentless 'cause she's not as vocally good as many of her peers, yet she's managed to sell millions and millions of records. I think of her more like an entertainer and a business woman, who knows exactly what she wants and who works with the right people to achieve success. And she's very talented at that. 

What Gaga said at an interview was very accurate. Madonna spends hours and hours rehearsing to create a perfect show, which is what brings her the most attention lately. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. 

scallywally
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Were you in the studio when M recorded it? You've got some pretty impressive facts. Look up the interviews, nobody blames Madonna, the song was originally a poem Ingrid wrote to Lenny. When in the studio they added public enemys slowed down beats behind it and Lenny's backing vocals. It wasn't a song passed around other artists and Ingrid even plays it live now in some bars with both Madonna's and Lenny's backing vocals. Its all cool.

As gaga fans we really need to get our **** spreading crap about Madonna over we look foolish.

Smother Em Eh

Same! I have just gotten into her music in the past few months and I have to say, I really have been missing out!

Her discography is pretty awesome to be honest and Yes, very diverse!

I love most of her albums, except her last 3. COADF was her last quality album in my opinion. 

For most of my life, the only songs I knew from her were "Express Yourself", "Papa Don't Preach", and "Material Girl". 

Now, I am so much more familiar with her music. I have so many fav songs from her too! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

scallywally

Oh and if you want to bring up Donna Delory singing open your hear like Madonna stole it. Errm it was a song written for Cindy Lauper. Donna Delory was just the session singer on the demo. Madonna and Patrick Leonard turned it into a pop song.

Smother Em Eh
1 hour ago, Kylie Jenner said:

Remember guys, if you're ever having a bad day and Madonna is your idol and she's getting dragged on this thread for "having no talent"...just remember Katy Perry exists :ladyhaha: 

Reveal hidden contents

and katy wants you to know she exists too :reductive: 

I know Katy isn't that talented. But I wouldn't say she is talentless. She does write her own music and play the guitar. And I'm not even a fan. 

Can't say the same for Riri or even Bey! 

:what:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Is she talented? It depends on what area.

Marketing. She's great at controversy

Singing. She's a decent singer

Acting. Let's not go there :awkney:

I think ppl say she's untalented bc of her abilities as a singer but she compensates her average vocals with amazing visuals, live performances and good lyrics/production. You can say many things about Madonna but, among pop divas, her excellence regarding music videos, blending different genres with commercial pop music and performances is unmatched and that is fact

Archived