💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Grandma Germanotta Uncomfortable w "Joanne"?

Gracious Gaga

Featured Posts

If she had a problem with the album being dedicated to Joanne why would she let Gaga take all those old photos and letters for the album art? :usrs:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

I got the feeling the Grandma was ok with the tribute but didn't want Gaga to "make a big artistic theme" about her dead aunt she'd never met. Especially when Gaga started crying she was looking at Gaga like... "Stop...it was 4 decades ago and you didn't even know her...chill... :awkney: "

Joe I feel never "got over it" and he too still brings her up. This is why GAGA is named Joanne. The restaurant is called Joanne. So I think the "tribute" trend influenced Gaga's childhood and now she made a whole album of it.

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

TimisaMonster
1 minute ago, modern ecstasy said:

If she had a problem with the album being dedicated to Joanne why would she let Gaga take all those old photos and letters for the album art? :usrs:

Did the Grandma know that's what it was for? :trollga:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

I think she likes it a lot, actually. She just worries for Gaga understandably so because she knows her and how worked up she gets. She doesn't want her having this unpleasantry hanging over her like a Damocles sword. Who would want their granddaughter to hold not something so upsetting? So I don't think it's a matter of not liking it or the idea, but rather she just doesn't want her to feel pain over something she needn't

CommonWhiteGirl

I think she was just uncomfortable being filmed. Maybe she didn't want to go too deep on the subject cause there was a stranger with a camera in her face. 

tellemhone

I think she doesn't have a problem with the song, but doesn't want Gaga to be obsessed with it, because she said herself it was 40 years ago.

:air: :air: :air:

VOLANTIS
51 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

she was just confused about dancing in circles being on the album

“Are you ready to hear the song Grandma?”

“It’s just low quality because it’s on my phone”

“Tap down those boots while I beat around let’s funk downtown” 

“whoops..”

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Honestly I was expecting something worse when I read the critics. They said she played the song and was expecting tears or something but her grandma just said "it's okay, it's the past now" as if she was unmoved.

But the reality was slightly different. I loved that scene when they looked at all the stuff from Joanne, Joe, and Gaga's childhood, they were still able to laugh at all these things, they didn't get emotional when they saw Joanne's stuff. And then Joe became serious and asked if Gaga was going to play the song. So she did but she was careful and said she could stop if her grandma was uncomfortable. And then her grandma said that notorious sentence, and at the end comforted Gaga and said it was the past and she didn't have to feel bad or sad about it.

And honestly, it was really interesting to see it. It's not that her grandma doesn't care, it's the past for her and she doesn't mourn anymore, it's another time for her. Her father seemed very emotional though, I don't think he completely left this in the past. But we already knew that. Most of the album is about her dad in a way, and Joanne's death is part of it. Her grandma is more like a cornerstone, she kept this family strong and is now over it. It doesn't mean she didn't appreciate it, you can see she liked the song and said Gaga got it right - the feelings she had at this time.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Stefani Gaga
2 hours ago, That J said:

My favorite line in the movie was the grandmother saying "Now don't go getting all maudlin over this!"   I laughed because I understood what she meant.  Gaga's sitting there bracing the poor woman and it HAD been 40 years. The grandmother said it was beautiful and enjoyed the song. I just felt she'd already gone through those motions so many years prior. She did seem to like the song. Personally, I had to look away for a moment during that scene because I nearly felt uncomfortable but it's one of the best parts of the film!  

If you looked away at one of the best parts of the film, gurl did you watch the film at all? :what:

I’m A mEsS! sTaY aWaY fRoM mE, mY eIgHt PeTs AnD mY bLuE bIsCuItS, yOu FrEaK!

24 minutes ago, Stefani Gaga said:

If you looked away at one of the best parts of the film, gurl did you watch the film at all? :what:

?   I looked away for a second like "ahhh that's a tad uncomfortable" but yes, I watched it.  Twice.  😉  Nearly the entire song played so I didn't miss anything in that moment. Haha 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

3 hours ago, Bio said:

Being italian, that's exactly how an italian family works. You can see how uncomfortable Joe is being there, he had to leave the room because he couldn't deal with his feelings and share that with his family. Same thing happened to her grandma. 

Facts

PsychicGuru
4 hours ago, andy232000 said:

i lowkey think her granmother thinks the whole "i am joanne" is extra 

Exactly what I was thinking. :duck:

Gaga's #1 fan

Archived