Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Random Gaga Conversation Thread

Elysium

Featured Posts

N a t h a n

HELL NO. She's almost as good as Katy Perry as a pop star, and she should stay that way.

tbh

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leaf

• Shadow

• Bob

• Nemo

Shadow

I like the way she did Electric Chapel. It was a good mix of rock and pop music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noPo09eqEhA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Silence those demons... . 🖤

She's one of the only artists that can pull off any genre. I wouldn't mind if she did that.

I like the way she did Electric Chapel. It was a good mix of rock and pop music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noPo09eqEhA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This :legend:

I hope that in 15-20 years time she makes theatrical tours, but at a piano only, and some dance, but only a bit :coffee:

:coffee:

If no one makes successful rock music nowadays, it's dead.

:nails:

Rock 'n roll ain't about being #1 in the charts. :nails:

Shadow

I don't agree completely. Rock, as everything in life, needs reinvention. And I think that some rock bands are trying to reinvent it, succeeding.

Well, the classics remain great for a reason. When you say reinvention, I think you mean creativity. If rock bands get creative with their sounds and themes, it can be very entertaining. Why start over when there is a base of work to build from?

Well, the classics remain great for a reason. When you say reinvention, I think you mean creativity. If rock bands get creative with their sounds and themes, it can be very entertaining. Why start over when there is a base of work to build from?

I agree with that, but pop is the same. It has a base and pop classics remain great as well. It is creativity what I'm talking about. But while rock doesn't mix genres, pop usually mixes a lot kinds of music, and that's what it sounds SO different from one period to another.

For example, Gaga got really inspired, and used as a base the pop from the 80's, so reinvention in Pop isn't complete. Every music genre has its influences, and obviously, a base to start from :)

Edited by Elysium

Interludicrous

I just feel that rock music has a certain authenticity in its sound that pop generally lacks. Pop music often feels so copy+paste in the way every part of it sounds the same. It's much less organic. I don't necessarily want Gaga to bring rock back as a genre, but she could at least try to put some of that authenticity back in pop. Because even though we as a fanbase know how authentic she is, you can barely hear it when listening to her music as a non-fan.

One of the most clear examples I could give is You and I live and studio version. The studio version feels really forced, and even though it sounds like rock, it's still trapped in a pop mold. If you look at her live performances, the song bursts with energy.

You can see the same thing in most of her songs (Paparazzi at V festival, Marry The Night at Children in Need, etc.). It's much more alive and organic. She needs to find a way to put that rock energy on an album, and not just in her live performances.

But maybe it's just me.

Edited by Interludicrous

I agree with that, but pop is the same. It has a base and pop classics remain great as well. It is creativity what I'm talking about. But while rock doesn't mix genres, pop usually mixes a lot kinds of music, and that's what it sounds SO different from one period to another.

For example, Gaga got really inspired, and used as a base the pop from the 80's, so reinvention in Pop isn't complete. Every music genre has its influences, and obviously, a base to start from :)

that's not accurate they are tons of sub genres in rock and metal music. :shrug:

I could cite you plenty of rock/heavy metal bands who mix different genres of music.

that's not accurate they are tons of sub genres in rock and metal music. :shrug:

I could cite you plenty of rock/heavy metal bands who mix different genres of music.

I know, but what I try to say is that pop is a wide genre where a LOT of mixed genres can fit in, rock isn't that open.

I just feel that rock music has a certain authenticity in its sound that pop generally lacks. Pop music often feels so copy+paste in the way every part of it sounds the same. It's much less organic. I don't necessarily want Gaga to bring rock back as a genre, but she could at least try to put some of that authenticity back in pop. Because even though we as a fanbase know how authentic she is, you can barely hear it when listening to her music as a non-fan.

One of the most clear examples I could give is You and I live and studio version. The studio version feels really forced, and even though it sounds like rock, it's still trapped in a pop mold. If you look at her live performances, the song bursts with energy.

You can see the same thing in most of her songs (Paparazzi at V festival, Marry The Night at Children in Need, etc.). It's much more alive and organic. She needs to find a way to put that rock energy on an album, and not just in her live performances.

But maybe it's just me.

I think becuase pop have had pretty much no sense for a few years, Gaga may sound meaningless to a lot of people, becuase pop act usually follow the stereotype of a manufactured artist... But Gaga, as BBC said in their review of BTW, is one of the only pop acts putting effort and more than a commercial effect on the music. Born This Way features a lot of rock influences, not only in the music, but in the way she sings the tracks. Shes sings the hell of Americano, MTN, Hair, Yoü And I... without no autotune or anything. I think this is the first step for a much developed artist... :legend:

I'd say that Pop is much more artistic in the way that is much more malleable, when Rock is much more organic.

Edited by Elysium

Shadow

:legend: tbh

I love that performance. It reminded me of Aerosmith.

Hot Space

I would figuratively explode of happiness.

Could you imagine her doing something like Whole Lotta Love? :worship2: