💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Random Gaga Conversation Thread

Elysium

Featured Posts

Bambino

I don't think so. She doesn't fit the rock star persona, she's definitely a pop star.

This.

And I wouldn't be interested in her if she was a rock star.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leaf

• Shadow

• Bob

• Nemo

Interludicrous

It would have been real interesting to see how You and I would have performed if the production was more like Monster Ball. She might have been able to kickstart a rock revival.

It would've done much better IMO. If only for ONCE she'd release a song that truely shows off her capabilities as a songwriter, vocalist and performer, people might also take her other stuff more seriously.

And to people saying she's a better pop star than a rock star... have you EVER seen her perform live? She's a rock star trapped in a pop stars body.

Lady-Gaga-Bride-600-400.jpg

Edited by Interludicrous

Gaga is Life

Probably not. I think that she might be considered a little more normal if she was in terms of outfits. And I personally wouldn't like her as much because I like pop music a lot more than rock/heavy metal music. I think she belongs as a pop star.

Forrest Gump

I don't think so. She doesn't fit the rock star persona, she's definitely a pop star.

Gaga is a rock star that makes pop music. If she was around in the 80's she'd be more Pat Benatar then Madonna. She only makes pop music now because it sells tbh.

Her voice was destined to do rock.

Interludicrous

Gaga is a rock star that makes pop music. If she was around in the 80's she'd be more Pat Benatar then Madonna. She only makes pop music now because it sells tbh.

I think she does pop because

A: It's a bold thing to do for someone who was in her position back when she started. A classically trained, unpopular brown haired girl on the underground scene doing pop music? I'd say that's pretty controversial.

B: Pop music is much more versatile, and it's definitely more flexible when writing about so many different themes. Songs like Americano, So Happy I Could Die, Bloody Mary and Alejandro would've been much less believable if she were a rock artist.

C: Yes, it sells better.

But now that the Pop scene is back on it's feet again (sort off), I'd love to see if Gaga keeps on doing the same thing, or decides to take on a new challenge.

Dreamscape1896

I wouldn't be surprised if both heavy metal/ glam rock makes a return, and Gaga goes completely rock.

This. Gaga is a rocker at heart. But Gaga also wanted to achieve world-wide fame. Gaga also did love pop artists, such as Madonna, MJ, and Whitney Houston.

If popular music were rock, she'd be a rocker. If popular music was dance, she'd be a dance artist.

There's really no such thing as pop. It's an umbrella term. Pink Floyd WAS pop. But really, he was rock.

Anderson123

Hahaha. Rock is not dead. It's not your fault you only listen to Top 40 radio songs.

Forrest Gump

It would be such a waste of her voice.

no it wont because it sounds better when she sings rock

Forrest Gump

I think she does pop because

A: It's a bold thing to do for someone who was in her position back when she started. A classically trained, unpopular brown haired girl on the underground scene doing pop music? I'd say that's pretty controversial.

B: Pop music is much more versatile, and it's definitely more flexible when writing about so many different themes. Songs like Americano, So Happy I Could Die, Bloody Mary and Alejandro would've been much less believable if she were a rock artist.

C: Yes, it sells better.

But now that the Pop scene is back on it's feet again (sort off), I'd love to see if Gaga keeps on doing the same thing, or decides to take on a new challenge.

well pop music is just anything popular. she always wanted to be a pop star but with the rise of dance/electronic music she jumped on that bandwagon because she knew it would sell and make her famous which is what she wanted.

this interview i read a couple years ago said she wanted to do more organic songs but with rock not being popular anymore causing nelly furtado to switch to dance music that's what gaga was pressured to do before coming out.

Interludicrous

It would be such a waste of her voice.

Because overproduced pop albums like Born This Way and The Fame are a great way to show off vocals?

well pop music is just anything popular. she always wanted to be a pop star but with the rise of dance/electronic music she jumped on that bandwagon because she knew it would sell and make her famous which is what she wanted.

this interview i read a couple years ago said she wanted to do more organic songs but with rock not being popular anymore causing nelly furtado to switch to dance music that's what gaga was pressured to do before coming out.

But the thing is, at the time she was starting out, electronic Pop/Dance music was not a 'hot' thing to do, especially not for someone with skills like her, and also not for someone who (let's be honest) isn't hollywood-pretty. Britney Spears (among others, but mainly her, no offence) made Pop music look cheap, and it wasn't "cool" to be a pop star anymore.

It would've almost been a safer choice for Gaga to stay on the indie/rock scene, because it was much more popular and intellectually accepted. Becoming a pop artist was pretty risky in her situation, but it definitely made her stand out.

Edited by Interludicrous

Because overproduced pop albums like Born This Way and The Fame are a great way to show off vocals?

:clap:

Forrest Gump

But the thing is, at the time she was starting out, electronic Pop/Dance music was not a 'hot' thing to do, especially not for someone with skills like her, and also not for someone who (let's be honest) isn't hollywood-pretty. It would've almost been a safer choice for Gaga to stay on the indie/rock scene, because it was much more popular. Becoming a pop artist was pretty risky in her situation, but it definitely made her stand out.

but indie rock music wasn't more popular it was only growing more towards the rock audience when rock was dying on the radio.

dance music was getting more popular, a popular conspiracy on this site is that it became popular after gaga came out. untrue! it was on the rise of popularity as in if she never came out it still would of taken off regardless, she just jumped on the bandwagon before it got to it's peak on the radio. she was smart. she knew what she was doing with the fame and the type of producers to work with like redone to make her songs a hit.

Edited by WakeUpMr.West

Interludicrous

but indie rock music wasn't more popular it was only growing more towards the rock audience when rock was dying on the radio.

dance music was getting more popular, a popular conspiracy on this site is that it became popular after gaga came out. untrue! it was on the rise of popularity as in if she never came out it still would of taken off regardless, she just jumped on the bandwagon before it got to it's peak on the radio. she was smart. she knew what she was doing with the fame and the type of producers to work with like redone to make her songs a hit.

But perhaps what you're forgetting is that she didn't just "jump on the bandwagon" as soon as other pop artists started gaining popularity. She really had to work to get Just Dance played on the radio, because all the indie acts were much more widely accepted. She wasn't an overnight succes, and she'd started writing 'The Fame' a looong time before Pop acts started to become popular again.

But I don't know all the details about those years in music, so perhaps you're right. But as far as I know, her discision to start making pop music the way she does today wasn't a simple matter of convenience.

Edited by Interludicrous