💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

It must be considered (RiR)

ReidOne

Featured Posts

ReidOne

As many of you know, I am a die-hard fan of Lady Gaga and consider her to be one of the most brilliant and talented artists to ever walk the earth. But she is not a deity. And her ability to "play the media" is one of the hallmark characteristics of her history. And it goes beyond outlandish fashion and eccentric interviews - just last year we saw her announce her split from Taylor Kinney (creating a media firestorm) just a few weeks prior to the announcement of her new single (though the split occurred several months prior and had been kept secret). 

So, it must be considered... Does the high-profile cancellation of Rock in Rio due to chronic body pain have anything to do with the release of her documentary, which chronicles her issues with chronic body pain, being less than 2 weeks away? 

The timing is uncanny. 

Let's be clear: this skepticism is not my 100% belief. I believe that it is entirely likely that her pain and this cancellation are completely genuine. We know she has pre-lupus, had a hip replacement in her 20's, suffers from a host of mental issues, and was recently ill which likely triggered the flare up of this body pain. Given the characteristics of fibromyalgia, the stress of having to cancel her Montreal show could have easily triggered an episode. This is not only possible, but likely. 

The truth is we will never know the answer, and the details of her health are none of our business. But if this were any other artist (one that we did not have a passionate love and connection to), you know we would all be saying that the timing is extremely suspect. Especially since the intimate details of her health (none of our business) are currently being marketed as her latest product (her documentary). This is the exact product she is selling at the moment. 

The documentary is a gamble on many levels... She's making herself vulnerable to the audience in never-before-seen ways. But skeptics will say she's playing the sympathy card and that it's a last bid effort to gain the favor of audiences in an otherwise fading career. And, the masses aside, it's a surefire way to strengthen the love that is given to her by her fans. 

You have to admit this Instagram post, with IV inserted atop the 'Joanne' logo, is the best possible promo that could exist for this documentary. 

To close, I want to iterate that I'm not saying "I totally think she's faking it!!" I'm saying none of us know - either way. But I think it is important that we explore all the possibilities, if for no other reason than to keep ourselves grounded in this reality: While her art is in many ways a lifeline for many of us, it is also a product being marketed. And we should be careful not to completely lose ourselves and our rational thinking in our consumption of this product. We owe it to ourselves AND to Gaga - blind love is not substantive. She would want us to think for ourselves. 

--------

AFTER-THOUGHTS: You may ask, "If this is true, how could Gaga sleep at night pulling a 'stunt' like this that hurts her fans? How could she justify being so deceitful and selfish?" ... I believe the rationale in her mind could be quite simple. She is the employer of hundreds of people across her teams - her management, her label, her stylists, her dancers, her foundation, her assistants, her tour crew, her lawyers, etc... Literally hundreds of people rely on the sustained success of her career to keep food on the table for their families. And she knows this. The pressure has to be immense. I'm sure that pressure often leads to flare-ups of her body pain issues. But it could also justify in her mind having to be calculated at times with "media stunts" to keep the momentum going for her long-term career (and the livelihood of those who depend on her). 

Again, I adore Lady Gaga. I practically worship her. But that's also why I try to remain skeptical at times like this, so I don't become blinded by my love for her. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure she wouldn't throw away millions of dollars she would make with this show to promote a documentary that will probably make a fraction of that in it's entire run. 

Free My Mind

How can someone so eloquently put their thoughts together, but get it so wrong.

First things first, her split announcement was ages before the album cycle? She only announced in on IG because the media was going mad about her not wearing her ring and monsters were spamming her.

She is so very clearly in pain right now. It's posts like this that encourage people to suffer in silence instead of reaching out when you have a condition that isn't well known.

VillainTina

i feel like you are right , but we wouldn't truly know because  we are not with gaga

as soon as she announced that she was not performing i immediately connected 

RiR to her upcoming Documentary and i thought what a coincidence.

and i know were not getting RIR until her next album IF she decides to do it

Queen Of Red M&M's /// Linda Evangelista /// Id Like To Keep It On Please 😶

Neight Shayde

We never see her regularly ever, except when she's touring (almost daily updates).

You'll understand it more when you watch the documentary. 

gagagoogoose

I don't see any reason why she would do something like that. RiR would have boosted her sales tremendously in South American countries. 

&

Can you imagine Gaga and her team thinking "you know what will give me a long-term career? Fibromalgia and being hospitalized"

blackcoffee
10 minutes ago, Rush said:

Pretty sure she wouldn't throw away millions of dollars she would make with this show to promote a documentary that will probably make a fraction of that in it's entire run. 

Exactly...the promo alone from RiR had the potential to help her sell more albums, etc. I'm in such disbelief that any fan would doubt her word in regards to HER health and her intention. The backlash she is getting is enough to ruin her career and reputation in that part of the world...you REALLY think she'd risk all that for a documentary...please...

VillainTina
3 minutes ago, lego said:

You know I like you, but EXCUSE ME NO. 

:madge:

This is disrespectful. 

why is no one allowed to have an opinion (ex. Excuse Me Nos")

gaga WILL NEVER read this and these are our thoughts

everything  @ReidOne said was on point , or at least a couple of people felt the same way

(glad you made this topic where we can talk about this )

why does it have to be disrespectful ? why not i disagree bc.. ?

Queen Of Red M&M's /// Linda Evangelista /// Id Like To Keep It On Please 😶

I fail to see how this is supposed to promote her documentary. If anything, it led to angry/upset fans who might not want to watch the documentary now, which would be dumb to begin with but still. Also, I don't know how Netflix works but isn't it based on a subscription? So, how would Gaga benefit from it when it's only on Netflix? 

Archived