Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Suicide Groups: New Lady Gaga song sets bad example

Americano

Featured Posts

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pink sushi

The song is rather dark and depressing....but I wouldn't go as far as to say it PROMOTES suicide... I don't think listening to this song will cause anyone to commit suicide. It definitely isn't a song that puts u in a happy mood though... :ohno:

mrlemon

I hope this doesn't turn into another Judas incident, this song is too amazing for that to happen.

Gaga, Ke$ha, and Ava

ryhanna

I suppose they have a point, the lyrics are very dark and obviously heavily allude to suicide. But they aren't meant to be taken literally.

I like how they conveniently forgot to mention all of the things Gaga has done that make her a positive role model.

"IT'S OKAY TO BE EXACTLY WHO YOU ARE BECAUSE YOU WERE BORN THIS WAY! now let's all go and committ mass suicide!"

MattyMonster

I kind of hope a kid doesn't actually hear the song and be influenced by it to commit suicide. I'm sure they're smart enough to know that the song isn't encouraging them to, it's no CKY or anything.

:sweat:

Unfortunately, I think that if you´re in some fragile state, the song could serve as a trigger. But that is not even what the article is pointing at. It seems like a tabloid that should not have been written by such a serious group. They should not have made the whole thing about Gaga trying to make her fans kill themselves, but rather inform and warn their readers that it could be a trigger for them. This article just seems so unnecessary.

Girrr

It irritates me that some parents blame pop culture for the misbehavior or unappreciated acts of their children. But people like this can remain pressed at this masterpiece :nacho:

The article wasn't bashing Gaga or hating on her though, they were just talking about how celebrities should be aware of their influence, that's all.

But no one's more aware of that than Gaga. For them to suggest otherwise is just ignorant.

Miel

Unfortunately, I think that if you´re in some fragile state, the song could serve as a trigger. But that is not even what the article is pointing at. It seems like a tabloid that should not have been written by such a serious group. They should not have made the whole thing about Gaga trying to make her fans kill themselves, but rather inform and warn their readers that it could be a trigger for them. This article just seems so unnecessary.

That would have been much more... beneficial? To anything and everything in all the senses, than how they wrote it.

3 points in and ready for more

Don't you just love how the media only expects bubble gum and sunshine non progressive tired old fashioned music/art. They can't ****ing deal with anyone pushing boundaries and truly creating something unique. The media needs to get over themselves and their fears of change. I guess in their minds not talking about something makes it go away. Media needs to wake up. It's the NOT talking about it that kills people and alienates those that truly feel alone. One of the things I'm most proud of about Gaga, is that when everyone else shuts their eyes and covers their mouths, Gaga charges in screaming. A true warrior for change. Will always love her for that.

We're all Stronger Together!

Shadow

Where were they when Ozzy Osbourne came out with Suicide Solution?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcIerloK3-U

Silence those demons... . 🖤

I do agree this song is very dark and does touch on suicide... Kinda contradicting messages from the BTW era but I don't think she is advocating suicide :shrug:

Archived