Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Suicide Groups: New Lady Gaga song sets bad example

Americano

Featured Posts

uzkemonster

assholes, they know they are so fckin wrong that they wont allow comments without editing them

honestly THIS is why the world is screwed up

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tumblr_m611j5G5TR1r45k4w.gif

Yes because talking about how the media brings people to their "Boiling Point" ( :derpga:) is definitely promoting suicide i never saw this before. But i thank them for allowing me to see the light and to be able to see that one of the anti-bullying ambassadors of this generation is promoting suicide. DUH! If you disagree you're delusional :hor:

I can understand their concern, but its a little misplaced. Songs about suicide don't make people any more suicidal the same way violent songs don't make people more aggressive and violent.

Suicide stems from much deeper issues than just a song addressing the topic and the sources of those issues are what should be scrutinized, not how a popular artist chooses to portray the topic.

And given how much Gaga has done to promote universal acceptance and self-love, they really have no place to criticize her for something like this.

This depressing songs can actually help people through a hard time in allowing them to know that they are not alone and that they will get through it.

Dayman

Well she did say it was a sad song with a lot of her most deep dark personal thoughts. If that didnt set people up to know this wasnt going to be no Born This Way, then I dont know what will. Infact it is Yin to Born This Ways Yang.

inb4 Die This Way is the next albums title. :derpga:

She writes a "be yourself anthem"; she's exploiting the gay comminity.

She writes "dark" lyrics; she's promoting suicide.

She's so big a star that every little thing is noticed, so I guess that's bittersweet.

The media loves to bash the biggest thing out there. This just proves how big Gaga truly is. It's not an excuse for this type of articles though. Gaga has spoken out against about suicide plenty of times within the last year and a half. Such a bull**** article

The article wasn't bashing Gaga or hating on her though, they were just talking about how celebrities should be aware of their influence, that's all. They didn't come out and say that she was promoting suicide. Monsters flip out whenever someone isn't praising Gaga.

rubytuesday

If the writer had actually bothered to look into the song rather than take it at its face value, they would see that she does comment on suicide, to the extent that this song is anti-suicide despite discussing feeling suicidal.

The bit about bobbing your head to another dead blonde... she's saying that by killing yourself, that is all you will be. The person that killed themselves. Just another dead blonde.

So don't do it. Don't give up. Don't become another statistic. Be someone.

So, yes, on the surface Princess Die is about feeling like it wouldn't matter if you died because everyone wants to see it happen. If you go deeper, you'll see more.

display name

It's so nice of these people to pay such close attention to Gaga's music, especially a song that she simply wanted to share with her fans at a live show. This fan base is so impressive with how closely it observes each and every thing that Gaga does. :flutter:

Purpleteardr0ps

BTW was telling people a message. This song is a story..

not every song should be applied to your life...

MANiCURE1295

The article wasn't bashing Gaga or hating on her though, they were just talking about how celebrities should be aware of their influence, that's all. They didn't come out and say that she was promoting suicide. Monsters flip out whenever someone isn't praising Gaga.

The article clearly implied that Gaga was only using the song for controversy. They think she does stuff just to be controversial.

HybridWarhol

:roll:

quoting Rihanna here "The music industry isn't exactly parents r us"

She gets ridiculous hate when she writes a song about positive things, she gets hate when she writes about negative things. She can't win.

She writes a "be yourself anthem"; she's exploiting the gay comminity.

She writes "dark" lyrics; she's promoting suicide.

She's so big a star that every little thing is noticed, so I guess that's bittersweet.

I just can't with people who keep trying to vilify Gaga. First, people try to call her a plagiarist, then a devil worshipper, then she's "using" the gay community, now she's supposedly "promoting" suicide by singing about her feelings? Really?! And yes, Rihanna was absolutely correct when she said that, people do need to stop looking to singers to raise their kids. Gaga is an adult, and she has the right to sing about whatever she wants to. If you don't like Gaga, then leave her alone and go listen to Katy Perry or sth.

I'm not flipping out. I was just saying there's no need in getting upset, she's such a big star that everything is brought up.

I'm sorry to use that word...but this is absolutely retarded :fail:

It's not like Gaga had A WHOLE ****ING ERA about loving yourself and basically about suicide-prevention. They don't even bother to mention that. No, because it's Lady Gaga and she obviously just wants to be controversial...

This

I just can't with people who keep trying to vilify Gaga. First, people try to call her a plagiarist, then a devil worshipper, then she's "using" the gay community, now she's supposedly "promoting" suicide by singing about her feelings? Really?! And yes, Rihanna was absolutely correct when she said that, people do need to stop looking to singers to raise their kids. Gaga is an adult, and she has the right to sing about whatever she wants to. If you don't like Gaga, then leave her alone and go listen to Katy Perry or sth.

:clap: like Gaga said, I'm not here to make lukewarm pop music.

Miel

I kind of hope a kid doesn't actually hear the song and be influenced by it to commit suicide. I'm sure they're smart enough to know that the song isn't encouraging them to, it's no CKY or anything.

:sweat:

3 points in and ready for more

Archived