Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Suicide Groups: New Lady Gaga song sets bad example

Americano

Featured Posts

Gaga is Life

Well this is quite silly. Gaga would never set a bad example of suicide.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She writes a "be yourself anthem"; she's exploiting the gay comminity.

She writes "dark" lyrics; she's promoting suicide.

She's so big a star that every little thing is noticed, so I guess that's bittersweet.

MANiCURE1295

I'm sorry to use that word...but this is absolutely retarded :fail:

It's not like Gaga had A WHOLE ****ING ERA about loving yourself and basically about suicide-prevention. They don't even bother to mention that. No, because it's Lady Gaga and she obviously just wants to be controversial...

The media loves to bash the biggest thing out there. This just proves how big Gaga truly is. It's not an excuse for this type of articles though. Gaga has spoken out against about suicide plenty of times within the last year and a half. Such a bull**** article

Really? They think she's promoting suicide? With this fan base?

I can't imagine how angry she would be if she read this

Not only that, but also the fact she's the co-founder of the BTW Foundation.

Also, "celebrities need to recognise that they’re role models for young people in the community." I find that quote as a whole load of bull****. If I were as famous as Gaga I would have already stated the fact that I'm not their kid's parent and it's not my fault if they choose to listen to me more than they listen to their parents. If you're gonna parent, do it right and don't blame me for not paying attention to your child.

heavymlover

This would happen sooner or later.

Seriously, why do we have song writers if they can't express an idea the way they want to express it? She's telling a story, just like Judas did, but obviously she's promoting suicide and devil worship.

zexion_armando

Yet they don't say anything about Gaga's songs where she promotes heavy drinking and loving Demon's and bad boys lol.

They should take a cue from the lyrics and take some pills, since they are wasting oxygen.

Miel

Not every song has to have a message of hope and self-seeking. Besides, Gaga has done that multiple times, I don't think she'd seriously want kids to slice the road.

Wow.

This would happen sooner or later.

Seriously, why do we have song writers if they can't express an idea the way they want to express it? She's telling a story, just like Judas did, but obviously she's promoting suicide and devil worship.

Subtextual support for censorship, imo.

3 points in and ready for more

KillerQueen

If one goes thru life trying to please everyone that decides to "count on them", they might as well kill themselves, because we will all fall short and have needs to express that others just won't accept.

Life is a lonely road for all of us, our own trip. We can't live and give every sacrifice away or we won't live our own life. We'd only be living for everyone else. Sad but true.

Gaga can't "give her own life away" just because she has made it in the public eye.

They just have to accept that she helps as much as she does and gladly and appreciate that she is an artist first, that was how she was first able to help them to begin with.

Arturo

Like listening to Princess Die is going to make me want to kill myself :derpga:

Stiletto Ninja

I can understand their concern, but its a little misplaced. Songs about suicide don't make people any more suicidal the same way violent songs don't make people more aggressive and violent.

Suicide stems from much deeper issues than just a song addressing the topic and the sources of those issues are what should be scrutinized, not how a popular artist chooses to portray the topic.

And given how much Gaga has done to promote universal acceptance and self-love, they really have no place to criticize her for something like this.

Chic

Whatever anyone does, there will be two opposing arguments that will fight. One for, one against. But you see, that's life. No matter what the situation, someone will support it to the death and someone will fight it to the death. There's no way to win. You just have to keep your head up and ignore it. We all know what Gaga's about, and nobody's done anything harmful to themselves BECAUSE of Gaga, so I don't think we should worry. She's not the type of person to do anything like this, and if the media thinks this song encourages suicide, let them. It doesn't matter when her fans, the actually reliable and living proof that her music doesn't encourage negative (self-harming) behavior, aren't doing anything wrong.

KillerQueen

This may be why she wouldn't release this song, but wanted to share it with us fans. It could go down as just another special song amongst fans, like Future Love.

Flippy

Took them long enough

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Archived