Pitchfork drags, ends Taylor + new song

Gagaloo911

Featured Posts

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Omar Vela
Just now, Chrastapher said:

I'm really sick of all the idiots who say people don't have the right to be politically opinionated and say it's not their business.....You claim you hate when people write songs about social issues but say Taylor can write whatever she wants because she writes "good" songs :oprah: 

English is not my first language so I think I wasn't very clear :P
"I'm sick of all pop singers getting political" it's just a personal opinion. 
"it's not their business" more in like "people shouldn't expect they just can be passionate about that issues"
she and every singer can write/sing of wathever they want (political or not)

2 minutes ago, Omar Vela said:

English is not my first language so I think I wasn't very clear :P
"I'm sick of all pop singers getting political" it's just a personal opinion. 
"it's not their business" more in like "people shouldn't expect they just can be passionate about that issues"
she and every singer can write/sing of wathever they want (political or not)

Yeah you are right every artist has the right to say and write whatever they want. I never expected Taylor to be political or say anything about what's happening in our country because I know she cares way to much about her song selling/ getting streams. But hey everyone has their opinion like you said (LWYMMD is still a terrible song tho :poot:)

Lextyr97

I like the song now thanks to the music video, but I can still clearly see that the song isn't good/well made. That's been my initial opinion, and will remain my current. Same with Swish Swish. I like both songs, but I like them for being bad(?)

7 minutes ago, Chrastapher said:

The truth is Taylor hasn't put out good music since RED :reductive:

1989 album of the year grammy award winner says hi:selena:

OT it's well known pitchfork only likes beyonce and indie artists :madge:

1 minute ago, Decidueye said:

1989 album of the year grammy award winner says hi:selena:

OT it's well known pitchfork only likes beyonce and indie artists :madge:

And I said bye :lolly: (TPAB deserved AOTY) 

That may be true but they really hit the nail on the head with this review :ladyhaha:

ItsTommyBitch

This is my criticism of the song's message as well.

I get that it might personally affect Taylor, but it also seems like a lot of fuss about "reputation" when realistically, her reptuation is as strong as its always been, and petty internet beef does nothing to someone with a brand as strong and carefully manufactured and maintained as hers :gum: It also comes off as meta, but its also kind of empty and it addresses these grievances, feuds, etc, in a really.. imo, ineffective way.

Its almost like shes avoiding the finer criticisms thrown at her in the sake of rebranding these issues commercially :shrug: And shes picking the more petty details to focus on instead of more serious criticism like - things involving finances, politics, etc.

I do like the song though :classy: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

That writer just wasted their time cuz no matter how "hard" they drag or criticize her, people will overlook that and her music will sell like hotcakes as usual.

I'd still pick LWYMMD over a song that repeat the words "perfect illusion" over and over and over and over.....for 3 straight minutes.

BAOuJDf.jpg

SlaeUrAnus
4 minutes ago, 2007 said:

That writer just wasted their time cuz no matter how "hard" they drag or criticize her, people will overlook that and her music will sell like hotcakes as usual.

I'd still pick LWYMMD over a song that repeat the words "perfect illusion" over and over and over and over.....for 3 straight minutes.

BAOuJDf.jpg

Nice knowing you sis.

tenor.gif 

In my messy era.

28 minutes ago, 2007 said:

BAOuJDf.jpg

Funny since she just repeats "look what you made me do" for 3 minutes straight. Apart from some parseltongue phrases I can't understand, of course.

Gagaloo911
30 minutes ago, 2007 said:

BAOuJDf.jpg

Delete. NOW. 

This basic song wishes it was half as good as Perfect Illusion. Seethe. 

And Taylor ain't got nothing on Gaga's vocals :ladyhaha:

guyzplzstaph
30 minutes ago, 2007 said:

I'd still pick LWYMMD over a song that repeat the words "perfect illusion" over and over and over and over.....for 3 straight minutes

Yeah, because LWYMMD is so poetic and diverse, with its chours literally containing only the title phrase...

Shaney
13 minutes ago, guyzplzstaph said:

Yeah, because LWYMMD is so poetic and diverse, with its chours literally containing only the title phrase...

I know right? 

OmgSum1Actually
1 hour ago, 2007 said:

BAOuJDf.jpg

I see you're jumping on a wagon, u lil judas

Shameless selfpromo

ChicaSkas
1 hour ago, 2007 said:

Hi there! I know this post is your opinion, and you are of course completely entitled to you opinion, but your post was reported multiple times for flamebait.... not everyone feels the same way about Perfect Illusion, in quite the same manner as you might. Try to approach placing your opinions in the most tolerant way possible, so that others will understand where you are coming from. In short, break it to them gently if you must at all.

Thanks for understanding!

-- C. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Archived