💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kardashians to donate $500K to hurricane Harvey relief efforts

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

I'm so over the virtue signalling when it comes to encouraging charity. It's so vile to turn charity into a competition. Charity is not an obligation, therefore, anything is admirable. I always think we should be wary about preaching to people regarding what they should and shouldn't be doing when we couldn't do much better ourselves. I have never urged anyone to give to charity because I don't myself. But that's only because I'm unemployed and live with my parents and literally have no money other than an allowance. Seriously, I was on the phone to a woman from the university I graduated from 7 years ago, asking if I could provide a donation and she couldn't seem to get into her head what "I have no money" means. Plus, I only believe in giving to charity if it's coming from a genuine place in your heart, not because you feel you have to. Believe you me, if I was a millionaire, I would give something but the recession is still hitting everyone, things are so expensive these days, most of us can't get on the property ladder, rents are high, etc. that the idea of giving to charity unless you have a full-time job at a decent wage and own your own house seems impossible right now. Being sponsored seems to be the only option for the likes of us. Until you've given as much or more than the Kardashians, leave the gloating at the door.

I think celebrity charity is only looked down upon if we don't like the celebrities in question. I'm sure this gesture of kindness would be met with far greater praise if it were from someone "respectable." Remember that the Kardashians have given money to other causes as well. Being expected to drop several million on every charitable cause is ridiculous, no matter how much money you have. These people didn't earn their wealth by giving it away. Investing is what it's all about and in this world where money can be here today and gone tomorrow, you can't be throwing great handfuls of it away without a second thought. It's easy to judge when you don't actually have all this money.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Michelle

It's going to help a lot of people. How much is given is beside the point. I donated $100 to random acts which has already got over 169, 000 in less then two days so far from supernatural fans alone and the actors who come from and live there are matching the end results ...it will be distributed to various things then need there. It's needed and anything is helpful. I applaud anyone who will help out if it comes from the heart whether it's $1 to $ 500,000 ☺️

Lets go take a howl at that moon🌙 -Crowley

it seems little in comparison to scale of the losses so it won't change much. The positive PR is in the bag though :unicorn: 

Archived