💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kardashians to donate $500K to hurricane Harvey relief efforts

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

PMKKARDASHiAN
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

So by the logic some of you are using when a middle class person donates $20 to a cause it's "chump change" and should be looked down upon.

I'll go ahead and assume you just forgot to quote me. 

No, I'm not saying donations of any kind should be looked down upon. Please feel free to quote where I said that. I'm just saying I would have expected, not wanted, more. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So by the logic some of you are using when a middle class person donates $20 to a cause it's "chump change" and should be looked down upon.

Hold on, let's clarify something here – nobody said it should be looked down upon. If you read my entire post, I started off by saying "their hearts are in the right place" and "good on the Kardashians for doing it at all." Not sure where you get "should be looked down upon" from that, but whatever lol

Secondly, there's a difference between donating to a cause (like research for cancer, for example) and donating to what is one of the largest natural disasters since Hurricane Katrina. What's happening now is a limited-time occurrence and there is necessity NOW – thus, I think most people would assume that the Kardashians might have donated a little bit more because of the urgency of the situation... ESPECIALLY given the fact that they have the resources to do so.

Obviously anything helps. But, again, it's like donating $52 and a lot of people are thinking, "Hey, why not make it $100?"

PMKKARDASHiAN
1 minute ago, Indyl said:

Hold on, let's clarify something here – nobody said it should be looked down upon. If you read my entire post, I started off by saying "their hearts are in the right place" and "good on the Kardashians for doing it at all." Not sure where you get "should be looked down upon" from that, but whatever lol

Secondly, there's a difference between donating to a cause (like research for cancer, for example) and donating to what is one of the largest natural disasters since Hurricane Katrina. What's happening now is a limited-time occurrence and there is necessity NOW – thus, I think most people would assume that the Kardashians might have donated a little bit more because of the urgency of the situation... ESPECIALLY given the fact that they have the resources to do so.

Obviously anything helps. But, again, it's like donating $52 and a lot of people are thinking, "Hey, why not make it $100?"

A lenghty clock :reductive:

Ernie Swift
47 minutes ago, Anveeroy said:

When will TS ? :trollga:

Honey.... Please don't act like Taylor never donates a lot to different causes.

Love Love Love

Morphine Prince
6 minutes ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

I'll go ahead and assume you just forgot to quote me. 

No, I'm not saying donations of any kind should be looked down upon. Please feel free to quote where I said that. I'm just saying I would have expected, not wanted, more. 

2 minutes ago, Indyl said:

If you aren't satisfied with the amount someone donated then you should contribute yourself. I live in Houston so I know it's VERY much needed right now. 

http://www.redcross.org/

PMKKARDASHiAN
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

If you aren't satisfied with the amount someone donated then you should contribute yourself. I live in Houston so I know it's VERY much needed right now. 

Perhaps read my second comment in your thread :giggle: 

GagaMyBlood95

I don't think it's necessary to judge the number, is it enough or too low. In these situations, anything helps and a donation of 500k $ will SURELY be of great help so we should focus on that.

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

Perhaps read my second comment in your thread :giggle: 

And how do I know that's not chump change? 

Please produce your tax returns, don't go Trump on us :giggle:

(I'm teasing) 

1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

I've donated $100, and PMK in another post said he already donated. Once again, that's not what this is about. I will say for the third time: good on the Kardashians for donating at all.

I will repeat again: that's not the issue here. What they did donate was literally 0.1% of their wealth. It's what an average American might spend out to dinner with friends. It was by no stretch of the imagination a lavish example of generosity. 

But before you misconstrue that, I will again say that they did not have to donate and it's admirable that they donated at all (even if it was well within their power to donate more). 

PMKKARDASHiAN

And how do I know that's not chump change? 

Please produce your tax returns, don't go Trump on us :giggle:

(I'm teasing) 

tumblr_o21va9ivJ41s78x4wo1_500.gif

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, Indyl said:

I've donated $100, and PMK in another post said he already donated. Once again, that's not what this is about. I will say for the third time: good on the Kardashians for donating at all.

I will repeat again: that's not the issue here. What they did donate was literally 0.1% of their wealth. It's what an average American might spend out to dinner with friends. It was by no stretch of the imagination a lavish example of generosity. 

But before you misconstrue that, I will again say that they did not have to donate and it's admirable that they donated at all (even if it was well within their power to donate more). 

What is the use on focusing on that though? What's productive about it? Is your $100 donation chump change? Why wasn't it $200? 

I'm happy their $500K will help victims and I'm glad your $100 will as well. 

Morphine Prince

Leslie Alexander who is worth 2 billion just donated 10 million, I wonder if that's good enough for some lol. 

MusicLover83
1 hour ago, Solitaiire said:

and how much did you give?... exactly:trollga:

But he makes a very valid point though. Playing devils advocate right now: let's do some math. Their net worth combined is roughly 450 million for all three sisters. 10% of that is 45 million, so 500,000 is basically butt wiping paper to them.lol But technically it is generous. At least giving them a million or two would be better then 500,000.

he has a point, but donating in general is always good, so good for them! :golfclap:

PMKKARDASHiAN
38 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Leslie Alexander who is worth 2 billion just donated 10 million, I wonder if that's good enough for some lol. 

Sis I thought we got past this 

latest?cb=20140704003938

Patrickozzer

I think Kim is really good hearted woman in deep but people gonna hate her cause of Taylor's drama and provocative, more confident style.

Archived