💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kardashians to donate $500K to hurricane Harvey relief efforts

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

gagasgirl

I agree with the people saying they should have given more since they can afford it. A couple million to them is just chump change. They probably wouldn't even realize if it was gone :selena:

2/21/11 & 2/22/11 MSG

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FATCAT

Good for them! Many may pass this off as some karma/news coverage push, but the money will go to people who need it, and that's all that matters. 

7 minutes ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

I understand that's a large amount of money for the average person but...collectively...for them...isn't that kinda chump change? 

To the average working family, making collectivlly 80,000$ USD a year, it's like donating $100

That being said, it is still a lot of money, and will go a long way.

Purr more, hiss less.

PMKKARDASHiAN
Just now, FATCAT said:

Good for them! Many may pass this off as some karma/news coverage push, but the money will go to people who need it, and that's all that matters. 

To the average working family, making collectivlly 80,000$ USD a year, it's like donating $100

That being said, it is still a lot of money, and will go a long way.

At the end of the day I guess that's all the matters. 

The claws tho, just waiting to pounce on someone around here. 

Never change GGD

LordEnigma
20 minutes ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

Is....is it bad that 500K made me kinda cringe? 

I understand that's a large amount of money for the average person but...collectively...for them...isn't that kinda chump change? 

I'm happy they are giving back but I would have expected a family of their caliber to give...more :gum:

inb4 my first of many excuse me no's

Ok but this isn't the only place they donate their money to in a year :madge:

So stopping cringeing and focus on the cause.

PMKKARDASHiAN
Just now, Alexander Levi said:

Ok but this isn't the only place they donate their money to in a year :madge:

So stopping cringeing and focus on the cause.

very-strict.gif

LordEnigma
Just now, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

very-strict.gif

I'm just saying... they are doing more than most of the people on this site.

Im sure they donate money to many organizations/causes and volunteer their time towards these things as well. They can't just drop millions here and there :madge:

I don't think people know how budgeting, finance, and money actually works half the time.

Born To Slay
28 minutes ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

Is....is it bad that 500K made me kinda cringe? 

I'm happy they are giving back but I would have expected a family of their caliber to give...more :gum:

inb4 my first of many excuse me no's

Well I only give a homeless person a dollar, my family could afford to give more. Is it the same thing?

PMKKARDASHiAN
1 minute ago, Alexander Levi said:

I'm just saying... they are doing more than most of the people on this site.

Im sure they donate money to many organizations/causes and volunteer their time towards these things as well. They can't just drop millions here and there :madge:

I don't think people know how budgeting, finance, and money actually works half the time.

I'm not sure if that last part was supposed to be directed to me but if it was we can take it to PMs that way any misconceptions can be cleared :giggle:

im not saying "only 500K!?!? Keep it!?!?" I'm just saying that 500K collectively for a family that's worth 450M collectively seems insignificant to me, which is why I tried to cushion my first comment that I'm glad they are helping because of course everything helps. 

Side note, there's ways to talk to people that don't come across as rude and presumptuous. 

26 minutes ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

My check for 3,500 just cleared so that. 

But im not worth 450 million so :selena:

29 minutes ago, Solitaiire said:

and how much did you give?... exactly:trollga:

24 minutes ago, Solitaiire said:

Yeah but, it's still giving, which they're not obligated to do. 

I understand the sentiment behind "It's still giving" which I absolutely understand, and good on the Kardashians for doing it at all – their hearts are in the right place.

However, the Kardashian family is worth approximately $450 million.

Donating $500k is approximately 0.1% of their net worth (closer to 0.11 or 0.12%).

The median income in the United States is approximately $52,000.

So what they gave is like the average American giving $52. So, yes – it's chump change. 

PMKKARDASHiAN
1 minute ago, Indyl said:

I understand the sentiment behind "It's still giving" which I absolutely understand, and good on the Kardashians for doing it at all – their hearts are in the right place.

However, the Kardashian family is worth approximately $450 million.

Donating $500k is approximately 0.1% of their net worth (closer to 0.11 or 0.12%).

The median income in the United States is approximately $52,000.

So what they gave is like the average American giving $52. So, yes – it's chump change. 

:tony::tony::tony::tony:

LordEnigma
3 minutes ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

I'm not sure if that last part was supposed to be directed to me but if it was we can take it to PMs that way any misconceptions can be cleared :giggle:

im not saying "only 500K!?!? Keep it!?!?" I'm just saying that 500K collectively for a family that's worth 450M collectively seems insignificant to me, which is why I tried to cushion my first comment that I'm glad they are helping because of course everything helps. 

Side note, there's ways to talk to people that don't come across as rude and presumptuous. 

very-strict.gif

Kanyeee West

I wonder if this money is going to help victims in positive way since that money isn't coming from a pure place.

PMKKARDASHiAN
Just now, Born To Slay said:

Well I only give a homeless person a dollar, my family could afford to give more. Is it the same thing?

Your financial matters don't interest me. This was about the kardashians, not you

Morphine Prince

So by the logic some of you are using when a middle class person donates $20 to a cause it's "chump change" and should be looked down upon.

Archived