💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why Have An EP When You Can Have An LP?

getto

Featured Posts

TeenIdle
Just now, CautiousLurker said:

Someone already explained that, but thank you for the reminded cuz I have already forgotten :laughga:

Oops I skimmed through the thread

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HolyFool

EP's are easier to swallow and they aren't such a time commitment to listen to. They can also show the direction that an artists music is taking. And they can also be released more frequently without being obnoxious. If someone constantly release LP after LP *cough drake* then people get tired of the artist.

ShockPop

All thriller no filler. 

Some of her more multifaceted ideas like ARTPOP could have been an ep or a series of them to remain concise in theme and dynamic in delivery.

Ep 1:

Do What u Want

Swine

Sexxx dreams

Venus

G.U.Y.

Gypsy

ARTPOP

Ep 2:

Aura

Fashion!

MANiCURE

Jewels & drugs

Mary Jane Holland

Donatella

Dope

Applause

Ep1 is about love & sex etc, EP2 is about Fashion identity and addictions.

Far easier to digest but we get the same songs.

I also thing with the steaming era an EP is a smarter move than always churning out long ass albums. BTW and TFM are my two favorite albums of all time, but I rarely listen to BTW in full...because it's long as ****. Joanne is about as long as I think she should go in the future. I think a 4-6 song drop would be amazing next year, but there won't be a full album it's just not in the cards. I definitely think 2019 will be another full album though. 

Used to be on here as broadwaybobby in TFM era

FfFfFfFF

I don't think she is allowed to release an album earlier than 18 months from the previous. :bon: Because Lana said she isn't and she's under Interscope too.

FfFfFfFF
1 hour ago, JeremiJello said:

but wikipedia said...

Lengh-wise it's and EP, but it got a full album cycle and had a separate concept/ aesthetic.

6 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I don't think she is allowed to release an album earlier than 18 months from the previous. :bon: Because Lana said she isn't and she's under Interscope too.

I don't think the Lana thing goes like... a "RULE" for everyone (it's 15 months from the last one actually)...But for sure they keep some space between album releases. I remember back on BTW they wanted another gaga album to be released only Summer 2011, after Monster Ball ended and a little break happened, but when they heard the whole thing almost done they decided to bring it...

FfFfFfFF
6 minutes ago, Leeo said:

I don't think the Lana thing goes like... a "RULE" for everyone (it's 15 months from the last one actually)...But for sure they keep some space between album releases. I remember back on BTW they wanted another gaga album to be released only Summer 2011, after Monster Ball ended and a little break happened, but when they heard the whole thing almost done they decided to bring it...

Commercially will not be feasible to release another LP a year after the previousone  because this will cut the sales. And based on the amount of singles we got Interscope doesn't seem to want cumulative medium sales.

20 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

April 2018, baby!

1 minute ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Commercially will not be feasible to release another LP a year after the previousone  because this will cut the sales. And based on the amount of singles we got Interscope doesn't seem to want cumulative medium sales.

Yes since "Joanne" ~~~died~~~ (last single release) after the SuperBowl. She could put out another work but I guess right now it's not even commercially but "awardly". The Grammys  noms. for example will be avaliable til September 30th, if they release another album or something, it might takes the attention from Joanne and end up "dividing" votes and stuff like that

FfFfFfFF
2 minutes ago, Leeo said:

Yes since "Joanne" ~~~died~~~ (last single release) after the SuperBowl. She could put out another work but I guess right now it's not even commercially but "awardly". The Grammys  noms. for example will be avaliable til September 30th, if they release another album or something, it might takes the attention from Joanne and end up "dividing" votes and stuff like that

This sounds right too. 

I don't think Gaga wants to promote Joanne like that. She only released two singles from it.

Plus this isn't Gaga's "debut" album. TFM was to help her debut album. Gaga didn't promote BTW or ARTPOP with an EP.

Smother Em Eh

Am I the only one that doesn't know what an "LP" is?? 

Can someone tell me what it is? 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Archived