opinion

Why Have An EP When You Can Have An LP?

getto

Featured Posts

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gardevoir said:

Well that's a subjective opinion they are good albums but there are one or few songs that people are most likely to skip, it's not that the track is bad it's just it doesn't hook on to you as easily as the others 

I get what you mean, but EPs usually accompany albums, and what if Gaga wants to start something new?

CautiousLurker

For me personally it's because I don't know what the difference between an EP and LP is, and everyone keeps talking about an EP so I just go with it but truly I have no idea what I'm talking about 

Spoiler

:selena:

Just now, Bellatrix said:

Are people still claiming TFM is an EP after the LG5 mess? :green: 

TFM is an EP...what? 

4 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

For me personally it's because I don't know what the difference between an EP and LP is, and everyone keeps talking about an EP so I just go with it but truly I have no idea what I'm talking about 

Hide contents

EP (up to 7 songs per album) abbreviated for "Extended Play"

LP (up to 10+ songs per album) abbreviated for "Longer Play"

Bellatrix
Just now, JeremiJello said:

TFM is an EP...what? 

It's not tho. It's too long with two many songs and Gaga referenced BTW as her third album

Just now, Bellatrix said:

It's not tho. It's too long with two many songs and Gaga referenced BTW as her third album

but wikipedia said...

CautiousLurker
Just now, JeremiJello said:

EP (up to 9 songs per album)

LP (up to 10+ songs per album)

Well that's a no-brainer then... I'll take one LP pls :interestinga:

3 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

Well that's a no-brainer then... I'll take one LP pls :interestinga:

also, actually i just read online that EPs are supposed to contain up to 7 songs...

SO WHAT IS TFM THEN??? AN LP OR EP?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQK_1dLbYP8lsPBHYXJYg1

BTW, I'm not telling you to make up your mind, I'm telling wikipedia editors....

Tom Nook
1 minute ago, JeremiJello said:

actually i just read online that EPs are supposed to contain up to 7 songs...

SO WHAT IS TFM THEN??? AN LP OR EP?

It is and it isn't, when combined on the fame it's a reissue but standalone it's borderline an EP especially on length on the album if it's 8 tracks but less than half an hour it's an EP, Gaga considers it her 2nd album because it's a new body of work that could stand on its own

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Bellatrix
3 minutes ago, JeremiJello said:

but wikipedia said...

If you mean Gagas wikipedia page it says that it's an EP it's because Interscope chose to release it as an EP to boost the The Fame sales, but Gaga herself and the most fans considers it as a separate album.

An EP is usually 3-5 songs and/or between 20-30 minutes long tho.

It would be so smart for a Joanne re-release w an EP imo (but like TFM... like can get it with Joanne or without, but they connected)

like add the cure, 6-7 more songs, a single or two, reinvigorate Joanne, add more attention to the tour (even tho we kno the sales are flawless :hor:), boost Joanne's impact on the music scene 

TeenIdle
25 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

Hide contents

Lol sis. EP is a short album. It's more popular with indie artists but pop stars use it to extend their albums sometimes ex. TFM, Cannibal by Kesha, Paradise by Lana

CautiousLurker
6 hours ago, TeenIdle said:

Lol sis. EP is a short album. It's more popular with indie artists but pop stars use it to extend their albums sometimes ex. TFM, Cannibal by Kesha, Paradise by Lana

Someone already explained that, but thank you for the reminder cuz I have already forgotten :laughga:

Archived