Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Did Kesha surprise you?

Mister Gaga

Featured Posts

Laceface

I always knew she had it in her, she was just controlled by the music industry machine. Take a look at her older work with more acoustic/folk/country influences. She has a sweet voice too. You should all check out her mini series with MTV called My Crazy Beautiful Life, she is such a nice girl & cares a lot about animals/the planet. 

crybrowz

No, I knew it would slay my existence and it did. It's definitely my favorite album of hers. I've been waiting for this for so long :giveup:

The album is one of the strongest of the year. Personally, I enjoyed it more than Joanne, which I love to death. It has maybe two songs I can't really get into, but it's a super cohesive pop album considering how many genres it touches on. It's a fun listen, which was surprising after she released Praying. I thought the whole album would be dark, but she explained it in an interview that the album really captures empathy and the light at the end of the tunnel. So proud of her :diane:

Doncho

As a casual listener of her singles (not entire albums) yeah she did. Praying alone is just amazing. Woman and Rainbow are great too. Its great that she is doing what she loves again!

• 2 weeks later...
Selenenite

I wasn't really surprised tbh. Her lyrics have always been interesting and after the ordeal, she went through I'm not surprised she focused it all into her music. I'm glad that after all the pain she was able to transform it into something creative and have it become an outlet. I was afraid for a while we weren't going to hear from her again.

"The moon tonight, there's a circle around it. Sign of trouble not far behind"/// Gaga @ Fenway 9/2

ALGAYDO

I wasn't surprised that she delivered quality pop music, but I was extremely surprised when I ended up liking Rainbow a hell of a lot more than Joanne, Melodrama, and HFK, the 3 best pop albums released within the past year.  :emma: Except for Rainbow now taking the crown IMHO :sweat:

• 4 months later...
Inferno
On 8/11/2017 at 12:43 PM, BrothaGaga said:

Best track for me was GODZILLA. showcased her ability to do subversive psychedelic pop, which was i assumed because of the visuals we got (album cover, and a few videos).

The rest were just okay. wish we got more songs like godzilla. damn good song.

Godzilla was a song actually written and composed by her mom Pebe when Kesha was a child. Its actually about Kesha, which most people (including myself) mistake the song for being about a man shes dating or something. I thought the song was kind of cringe until I learned its backstory. Its a very cute genuinely personal touch to an album about finding the light at the end of the tunnel. Its a little emotional actually, never would consider it subversive.

BlingNotTheMusic

Her album surprised me a little but I would be more surprised if she was a better live performer. 

I was EXTREMELY disappointed the first time I heard her perform “Praying” live. She doesn’t hit any of the notes especially not the high one at the end. 

I get it may not be possible every time but I’ve seen several performances where she seems to be holding back. 

She doesn’t sound auto tuned on the album so maybe she’s just a very nervous performer?:huh:

LordEnigma

Meh - a lot of Kesha’s lyrics are too cringe for me at times. She usually seems to ALMOST have it but falls on the cheesy lyric.

Idk - I just want something that doesn’t sound so Avril.

Inferno
13 hours ago, Alexander Levi said:

Meh - a lot of Kesha’s lyrics are too cringe for me at times. She usually seems to ALMOST have it but falls on the cheesy lyric.

Idk - I just want something that doesn’t sound so Avril.

Theres literally nothing about Rainbow that sounds Avril. And if you even try to refer to the Eagles of Death Metal collaborations let me stop you now, they're still not Avril.

LordEnigma
52 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Theres literally nothing about Rainbow that sounds Avril. And if you even try to refer to the Eagles of Death Metal collaborations let me stop you now, they're still not Avril.

Ok

• 3 weeks later...
Anderson123

I was a casual listener and some of her songs were my guilty pleasure so YES, she did surprise me with this album especially Praying. I never thought Kesha would release a "Serious" album but of course, life happens and sometimes you go through hard stuff and you learn so she had something to talk about this time.

zakariah

Took me until yesterday to fully appreciate the album, & I love it, especially her vocal performances.

Archived