Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Streaming is destroying Popstars

Nono

Featured Posts

Ferrer Zorola

Good. That means Gaga's legacy is safe.

:tony:

Maybe the generation of teen queens are the last 'legends'? 

TS, Selena Gomez, Ari, Demi...

:selena:

LIFE IS GOOD

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Funnily enough, I realised that just before you quoted me. But his debut really didn't make much of a dent worldwide. It's only now that more people have started to wake up to him and his new single is tacked onto a re-issue of his last album. His tour really isn't that big either. He's only performing at a few arenas worldwide and London and Toronto were the only cities worldwide where he had demand for second dates. He's only pulled in $22 million from 36 shows so far because his tickets are so cheap. So, if he can't play to bigger audiences despite low ticket prices, it doesn't exactly bode well for the future. At the moment, he's still just another teen singer in my eyes and I've seen them come and go like lightning. If he doesn't make a truly big splash with his next album, I doubt he's ever going to be bigger than he is and once he starts getting older, his young fanbase will move on.

His tix are prolly cheap so his young fans can afford them

Ferrer Zorola

With record labels spending 19 dollars on videos and putting barely any creative effort into performances aside from the technical and technological part I don't see how a new iconic artist can be born...

LIFE IS GOOD

13 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

Good. That means Gaga's legacy is safe.

:tony:

Maybe the generation of teen queens are the last 'legends'? 

TS, Selena Gomez, Ari, Demi...

:selena:

Taylor Swift os or was huge her Red tour she did a stadium here lol

Plus shes not in the same category as the more new artists. She has 5 albums under her belt.

Ferrer Zorola
7 minutes ago, KingOfTheClouds said:

Taylor Swift os or was huge her Red tour she did a stadium here lol

Plus shes not in the same category as the more new artists. She has 5 albums under her belt.

Yeah I know but she's so young she's still a queen for the teens 

in fact, if a GIRL was to be the next SB performer she would be my choice even if it's an unpopular opinion.

She hasn't even had a peak. Her CAREER is a peak so why can't it be celebrated?

By the way, she's not even my fave. Gaga and Ari are.

LIFE IS GOOD

3 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

Yeah I know but she's so young she's still a queen for the teens 

in fact, if a GIRL was to be the next SB performer she would be my choice even if it's an unpopular opinion.

She hasn't even had a peak. Her CAREER is a peak so why can't it be celebrated?

By the way, she's not even my fave. Gaga and Ari are.

Ari still has potential to become legend

Ferrer Zorola
Just now, KingOfTheClouds said:

Ari still has potential to become legend

I think right now it's not about 'having potential'...

she earned like 20 hits or so and that's more than the newbies are going to achieve since they're recyclable 

LIFE IS GOOD

Just now, Ferrer Zorola said:

I think right now it's not about 'having potential'...

she earned like 20 hits or so and that's more than the newbies are going to achieve since they're recyclable 

I mean yes the new people quoted tbh Zara Larsson and Dua Lipa have no hits at least not in the US.

Alessia Cara did manage to have chart success here

22 hours ago, HYPODERMIC0 said:

They only release singles or albums without any concepts behind them, everything is so commercial nowadays 

Pop music has always been commercial. And popular music in general has always been about singles, not albums. Albums with a coherent concept has always been the exception. In the beginning, they hadn't even invented albums.

Ferrer Zorola
Just now, KingOfTheClouds said:

I mean yes the new people quoted tbh Zara Larsson and Dua Lipa have no hits at least not in the US.

Alessia Cara did manage to have chart success here

Where do you see Alessia Cara in a year, though? Not even Lorde is safe imo 

LIFE IS GOOD

8 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

Where do you see Alessia Cara in a year, though? Not even Lorde is safe imo 

I dont know im not a psychic

And I wish people would be more positive then negative. All the negative vibes make GGD toxic

KleinGa

I'm just here to say that they come and go. I was sitting down thinking yesterday about the long list of new ones that have popped up yet I struggle to distinguish their songs from each other.

Only one I've truly been impressed with is Ariana, she seems to be playing her career right and strategically. I can see her sticking around. She remains interesting to watch but she does struggle on really bursting out and giving us this mega pop star that we love. She may not be a household name as yet but she sure is on her way. 

I mean no one will succeed if people dont have a better outlook on music. Negativity causes more nagetivity. 

Ferrer Zorola
4 minutes ago, KingOfTheClouds said:

I dont know im not a psychic

And I wish people would be more positive then negative. All the negative vibes make GGD toxic

Neither am I being negative and you don't have to be a psychic. Newbies come, newbies go and I don't think Alessia is here to stay

LIFE IS GOOD

Archived