Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
traditional art

Traditional Art&Pop Competition

August Blue

Featured Posts

August Blue

Spoiler

@Quasi

I thought about what has angered me lately and I recalled a very recent time when I was on the bus and I saw the leaves become yellow on the trees. It literally felt as if I had just gotten off school yesterday and yet, my break has already begun to come to an end. I felt pissed that four months have passed by so quickly and it made me think of how quickly time has flown past me. Every time I try to appreciate my time off, I find myself waking up in my bed the next day wondering where the hell my previous day went. Even though I have no control over time, I perpetually wish that I could slow it down and not being able to do so makes me feel like I'm losing control and that makes me both depressed and furious.

I also thought to myself, is there a better perfect illusion than time? By the time you know it exists, it has already happened without you knowing it. It's always there but you never know it. It has always been with you, and you always forget about it.

I called the drawing "Perfect Timing" in irony. My hand can't catch the clock in time before it hits the yellowing leaf (the object that originally made me angry in the first place). The clock smashes into pieces and I will never be able to recover the time that has already passed. Time is never perfect, and yet it's the only thing that we can 100 percent rely on. It's perfect, and not perfect at the same time. It makes me angry and it heals wounds at the same time. It's just the most complicated and simple concept in the universe. And I'm pissed about that. 

27iDseu.jpg

Edited by August Blue
  • Love 5

August Blue

Spoiler

@VOLANTIS

"Look What That Rainbow Did" 

Once upon a time a young girl named Stefani Dorothy Germanotta lived with her Uncle Joe and Aunt Cynthia. One fine morning as she was attending to her flock of wild fans, a big dark tornado took her by surprise.

Poor Stefani woke up in a strange land. All she saw were singing flowers and a castle she could only describe as made out of green jewels far away. 

"Look Asia, we're not in New York anymore."

Stefani was baffled. No idea where to go. Lost and confused. Suddenly out of nowhere a tune caught her attention. The wicked witch of the west started serenading her with old hits she had been yearning to hear.

"Yes dear. What's that you hear? It's POISON!" The witch kept  enchanting her. Trapping the poor girl in a trance.

"Scream for me.. Ga-Ga. Ga-Ga. Ga-Ga-Ga. Dum-dum- da-di-da-" The witch continued her evil chants. Stefani never felt something like this before. She wants to put her hand above her head and dance. But the idea of being controlled by something so mysterious and dangerous made her feel aware of how alienated she was. 

"Come to Mama" A familiar sound broke into Stefani's ear. Almost freeing from the powers of the Wicked Witch and to some extent, herself. 

With her arms wide open stood Joanne. The Good witch of the South. 

GFuHFJT.png

Edited by August Blue
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

August Blue

Spoiler

@Avenues and @LadOfAbyss

sdAcfbI_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f                     SbvqDwQ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Avenues description

Spoiler

Burn, Bite - Leave nothing in sight 

In anger I remained silent and still. I never had the guts to hurt to someone in real life. I always bottled it up. 

But as a human teen, I too have destructive urges. My prime urge is bite, so hard that it cracks bones. That's why a beetle to represent jaw strength and also my forementioned silence. (I have a thing for insects, they are always underappreciated, considered gross and unnecessarily killed, which makes me angry.)

At times I get the urge to burn things. The sadist inside would want to do that but the empath in me would be destroyed by it. Hence the flame is on me to represent the bottled up anger leaking out and ending up in burning my own self. 

I put fire on the beetle maxillae to represent my hate towards burning bugs using magnify glasses and also cause they look like matchsticks which I see myself using to burn a house down.

@LadOfAbyss 

Spoiler

I had perect illusion on repeat as a drew this, to try and capture the anger and passion in her voice. Its funny because i seldom make "angry" artwork, so the way i went about it was to be reckless with my lines and just feel the emotion. Lots of misunderstanding in is what causes me anger and in that way is how i see perfect illusion, and understand how it both hurts and cause me anger. I added all the gaga ares in one piece because i feel that gaga is always misunderstood because she changes all the time, and by having all her sides in one is like one big f☆☆k you to everyone like saying, "this is who the f♡♡k i am, i am all of my sides, im not fake, im not an illusion.

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 3

August Blue

Spoiler

@Lippoutou

This drawing symbolizes the toxicity of a relationship I had with another boy a long time ago. My anger reflects in the bright red and the tornados of my mind trying to destroy him so I can forget him. His face, which cannot disappear that easily, is in grey scale to represent the sadness and regrets I felt towards him despite my anger. This also represents the vibe of “Perfect Illusion” as I trying to cling to his beautiful image while I know the bad things he did to me, now I know it was all a perfect illusion.

rchuHz2.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You are the winner of challenge 3. 

Edited by August Blue
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

August Blue

SEMI-FINAL CHALLENGE!!!

GSxdYtH.jpg?1

Spoiler

OUT-WORLDLY

Inspired by the tragic events that took place lately in the USA, and in order to pay tribute to every race, minority that has been oppressed during the history by the disgusting racists and nazis … I decided that for the semifinal challenge you create something out of this world. Something new, to celebrate diversity, which is something this xenophobics hate.

If they hate humans because of skin color and religion, how much would they hate another race, that is not even human?

This is against the hate.

Give life to a new creature, and reach for the final.

Artists, grab your pencils, and may the best drawing win!

Oh.. and if you happen to be a trump supporter or some sh*t like that… get the **** out of my thread.

@Avenues @donutellha @LadOfAbyss @Lippoutou @Decodekid @Nene Areola @Quasi @VOLANTIS @GypsyBabe

Edited by August Blue
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 3

• Haroon unfeatured this topic