Just now, August Blue said:

Its breaking my heart writing the rankings, I love y'all :giveup: 

we love you too :hug:

now hurry :laughga:

Ouch, My back hurts.

Irrelevant
Just now, August Blue said:

Its breaking my heart writing the rankings, I love y'all :giveup: 

then why don't you just post them all at the same time :lolly: It's quicker and less stressful for all of us :lolly:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

August Blue

Spoiler

@Lucas

''Who hides underneath the cover? The answer; no one. It's me. 

My aura is a tool, rather than a veil - a tool for which I can use, to project myself; project my rage, pain and my love and creativity. My aura allows my personality, me, as a person to shine and leave my mark ever I go. I see my aura as a canvas, constantly receiving and changing, allowing me as a person, to always evolve, and face new sides of myself.''

20496172_1929298153980213_1682454692_n.j

I really find this intriguing and artistic! As I said, this is just a top 10 rather than rankings! 

Im really excited for your art always, and I can't wait to announce the next theme, i know you'll like it. :stalkga: 

Edited by August Blue
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

Chromatic
2 minutes ago, August Blue said:

I can't wait to announce the next theme, i know you'll like it. :stalkga: 

Lmao, is it something sexual or gory? Excited!

August Blue

Spoiler

@donutellha

So inspired by ARTPOP's flop single applesauce, I wanted to portray the clown theatrics in a depressing way- where the clown is expected to entertain but can be sad inside. that represents me flop arse because i'm always expected to come out w/ a bubbly bright personally even if im in a rough patch, therefore the clown metaphors, and the hands are forcing me to smile.

ndf3cBe.jpg

• Love 8

Irrelevant
5 minutes ago, August Blue said:

Im really excited for your art always, and I can't wait to announce the next theme, i know you'll like it. :stalkga: 

is it hunty related :stalkga:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Decodekid
1 minute ago, August Blue said:

Hide contents

@donutellha

So inspired by ARTPOP's flop single applesauce, I wanted to portray the clown theatrics in a depressing way- where the clown is expected to entertain but can be sad inside. that represents me flop arse because i'm always expected to come out w/ a bubbly bright personally even if im in a rough patch, therefore the clown metaphors, and the hands are forcing me to smile.

ndf3cBe.jpg

THIS drawing is beautiful 

Im Harol don't tell anyone

August Blue

Spoiler

@VOLANTIS

The unlikely spawn of an ordinary flower.

The theme for this challenge is titled “Underneath The Cover”. To follow the concept, I wanted to present the unlikely spawn of an ordinary flower. Flowers are known to everyone. They start as a bud and bloom. A symbol of beauty and the adornment of botany. But to an ordinary eye that’s the end of the interpretation as a flower will wilt away to make room for another. What makes it unique?

I present to you a Nymph that hides from eyes as common as yours and mine. She’s free and she’s a part of every flower and every icon of beauty. Why is she free? Because she doesn’t need anyone telling her what she represents. She emits light and glows in the freedom of the night. The flower and the darkness serves as a veil to her gorgeousness that keeps her safe from our objections.

This is my very first water coloring experience. It went rather south as the ink I bought did not turn out in my favor. After coloring and drying the piece I inked out the outlines. And afterwards when I wanted to do a simple wet gray wash, the ink gave away and I had to dab the whole piece with tissues to stop the bleeding. Unfortunately, I couldn’t save all of it. Although some parts appears blotchy as a result, I personally love the raw texture blotting with tissues created.

GDaOjAP.jpg

• Love 7

August Blue

Spoiler

@Quasi

This challenge really made me think about what I want to tell people about me. As the challenge said, my energy and my character is supposed to shine through. What I drew is a blank mask with a scorpion  breaking through the eye sockets and it's legs breaking through the mask. The mask represents the facade I put on for people everyday: innocent, complacent, timid and a little bit mundane. The scorpion breaking through symbolizes the dark aspects of my character that want to make themselves known but just can't in the fear that society will label me as insane, angry, and mean-spirited. But sometimes I don't want to be the little quiet boy that everyone can take advantage of. I want to show people that I am not to be messed with or manipulated and that I can become just as angry as they are. Do not underestimate the dark aspects of my character. In that way, the challenge felt liberating for me because I myself thought I was always stuck in this innocent phase. But drawing this art made me acknowledge that I can shed this "pure" image at times and that's okay. I don't have to conform to this idea that people have of me. I also realized I'm at this strange part of my life where the innocent and dark tendencies I have tend to clash with one another. It's only a matter of time when the more foreboding side will come through. Also, I'm a scorpio and I'm a thirsty motherf*cker that just can't follow through sometimes lol.

0hCSrzs.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 6

August Blue

Spoiler

@Decodekid

This drawing represents my good qualities but it can also represent my insecurities and imperfections. The middle figure represents my passion, which is art, drawing, painting, music, etc, and as you can see the figure is attached to the guitar . The left figure represents self expression, but also, insecurities and bad habits (there's a cigarette but i don't smoke, it's a metaphor for other things ). And the right figure represents fear and emotional pain, sometimes i feel like i can't never escape those feelings, but at times i feel like i'm feeding myself with it when i could simply be free if i wanted to, and that's why there's a key in his hands. I truly drew with my heart and I'm very happy with what i did.

tumblr_otpoly6JyH1th1a7ao1_1280.jpg

• Love 7

• Haroon unfeatured this topic
  • Haroon featured this topic
  • Haroon unfeatured and featured this topic