traditional art

Traditional Art&Pop Competition

August Blue

Featured Posts

Quasi
14 minutes ago, August Blue said:

@DecodekidĀ @Quasi Hope u 2 started workingĀ already :classy:Ā 

tenor.gif

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

August Blue
4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yaass!

By the way, can you add the tasks to the OP? :poot:Ā 

YesĀ hqdefault.jpg

:poot:Ā 

• Like 1

August Blue

Ā 

Ā ARTWORK OF THE DAYĀ 

Ā Hello artists! In order to make this thread more active, I thought to share with you the coolest artworks all over the world. Each day, to inspire you I will be posting some interesting news or article that has to do with art and drawing.Ā 

Here is today's artwork.Ā 

Ā This trans student's school tried to censor his artwork. Now it's going viral.Ā 

465238ea-1a44-413f-8cf2-f4df75c50eab.jpg

Spoiler

Ā 

aed7d23d-433d-4cbf-bce9-5b870de8c344.png

Ā 

''Jasper Behrends just graduated from high school, but he's already making a name for himself as an artist. And it's all thanks to a viral tweet about his perseverance against artistic censorship.

On July 12, Behrends tweeted a selection of his work depicting gender, sexuality, and body dysphoria with the words, "My school's administration told me to stop doing my concentration on gender and sexuality because it was 'inappropriate.' But I didn't.

Alongside images from his portfolio, Behrends tweeted a letter from the College Board. The 18-year-old's art was selected to be featured in the 2017-2018 AP Studio Art Exhibit, a high national honor for AP art students.

The tweet has received more than 13,000 retweets in celebration of Behrends' art and resistance.''

http://mashable.com/2017/07/20/soft-robot-grows-vine-stanford-rescue-operation/Ā 

Hope you guys enjoyed today's artwork, and I hope it will motivate and inspireĀ you! See you tomorrow!Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by August Blue
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 4

August Blue

SENSE8

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_4bhx1nj3u48wĀ 

Sense8Ā follows the story of eight strangers across the world who suddenly become mentally and emotionally linked due to an unknown evolutionary leap.Ā It explores subjects that such asĀ gender, sexuality, identity,Ā politics and religion. As the sensatesĀ attempt to discover the meaning of their unique connection, a shadowy organization commandeered by an elusive figure known asĀ WhispersĀ aims to hunt them down. Their gift might have made them a target for extermination, but it's the one thing keeping them alive.Ā 

Sense8.jpg.1600x900_q85_box-116,0,1937,1

I just wanted to show you guys how cool this show is! :giveup:Ā 

The bond the characters have with each other is amazing! The series celebrates diversity, especially when it comes to religion and sexuality. And the actors wonĀ this very warm and beautiful connection with each Ā other, even outside the show. This is them celebrating Pride Month.

movement-builds-to-renew-sense8-750.jpgĀ 

With its commitment to putting LGBT characters and people of color in the foreground and its clear message of empathy over fear,Ā Sense8Ā is the kind of television remedy that we need more of. Sometimes great art can come from horrible stuff, and sometimes the right kind of art comes along at just the right moment.

Most importantly, it has things to say.

533611ed-99b7-48e3-bc1c-3cf4e45f92bc.png

fernando-sun-nomi-wolfgang-kala-lito-ril

sense8.jpg

Edited by August Blue
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

August Blue

y'all have no idea what I've been through while editing theĀ post above Ā :poot:Ā 

Edited by August Blue
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 1

August Blue
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

@August BlueĀ should we add like a short description to our artworks? Kind of an explanation of what inspired us, etc.Ā 

It is optional, but it would be really nice if you guys would do that! Also, when sending me msg, please check if Im still in the conversation or I left it. If I did, please open a new one bc otherwise I wont receive them.Ā 

Off topic: Did u see my sense8 post? #watchtheseries :selena:Ā 

• Like 2

Chromatic
1 minute ago, August Blue said:

It is optional, but it would be really nice if you guys would do that! Also, when sending me msg, please check if Im still in the conversation or I left it. If I did, please open a new one bc otherwise I wont receive them.Ā 

Off topic: Did u see my sense8 post? #watchtheseries :selena:Ā 

I watched first season.. to be honest, I wasn't that impressed.. :selena:Ā 

August Blue
Just now, Lucas said:

I watched first season.. to be honest, I wasn't that impressed.. :selena:Ā 

Delete this :selena:Ā 

Chromatic

Delete this :selena:Ā 

The show? .. yes.. :selena:Ā 

Edited by Lucas

August Blue
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

The series? .. yes.. :selena:Ā 

reported for xenophobia :poot:Ā 

Ā 

Chromatic

reported for xenophobia :poot:Ā 

Ā 

I have a small feeling, that I'm the first to get kicked outta this competition :poot:Ā 

August Blue
Just now, Lucas said:

I have a small feeling, that I'm the first to get kicked outta this competition :poot:Ā 

Actually its the opposite.Ā Once u get in this competition u have signed a cult deal.Ā :poot:Ā 

You cannot escape even if u like :poot:Ā 

• Haroon unfeatured this topic
  • Haroon featured this topic
  • Haroon unfeatured and featured this topic