💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Singers, Songwriters, Producers - share YOUR music here!

Harry

S/S/P Thread  

113 members have voted

1. 1. What is your specialty?

• I'm a singer
    • I'm a music writer / poet
    • I'm a music producer

Featured Posts

mwjuell91

Hi Guys. I'd really appreciate if you could help me here.

I'm currently working on my album, which I will put out next year.

At first, I was going to name it either "Brave" or "Skyscraper" (they're both songs on the W-I-P record) but then I started writing songs as, effectively, two people. One of me was writing empowering songs, the other writing music about the concept of fame and pop culture.

I then started thinking about how I could reflect the two aspects of me in the title and photo shoot. I started researching metaphors etc. about dual personalities and DID but nothing stood out. You see, the one half of me believes in the fame as if I have already lived it. The other half of me is weak, insecure etc. and I really want to reflect it through music.

If you have any ideas about a title/concept for the photo shoot I would really appreciate it ;) :kisses:

Hi. You should try to find some more personal things to write about. This sounds just like Lady Gaga to be perfectly honest. You should look more into art. Read books, literature, watch film, and suddenly you will notice new things catch your attention. Words, phrases, visuals, and use that as inspiration rather then writing about the same things as Lady Gaga already did.

You should focus on the songwriting first, before you start to think about the photo shoot. If you really work at the music, the rest will come naturally to you. If you concentrate on making a vision of what you wanted some day eventually your CD to look like, it will never happen. Its a whole loads of work.

I would like to hear some of you work, is this possible?

Edit. Heard your itunes work. Nice instrumentals!

Edited by mwjuell91

Hi. You should try to find some more personal things to write about. This sounds just like Lady Gaga to be perfectly honest. You should look more into art. Read books, literature, watch film, and suddenly you will notice new things catch your attention. Words, phrases, visuals, and use that as inspiration rather then writing about the same things as Lady Gaga already did.

You should focus on the songwriting first, before you start to think about the photo shoot. If you really work at the music, the rest will come naturally to you. If you concentrate on making a vision of what you wanted some day eventually your CD to look like, it will never happen. Its a whole loads of work.

I would like to hear some of you work, is this possible?

Edit. Heard your itunes work. Nice instrumentals!

Thank-you!!! The songs are extremely personal to me, especially the one I wrote today. My friend's self harming :cry: and he had a huge argument with his friend and I had to sort it out, then he threatened to kill himself (he's tried before) and I feel so helpless...

Hi Guys. I'd really appreciate if you could help me here.

I'm currently working on my album, which I will put out next year.

At first, I was going to name it either "Brave" or "Skyscraper" (they're both songs on the W-I-P record) but then I started writing songs as, effectively, two people. One of me was writing empowering songs, the other writing music about the concept of fame and pop culture.

I then started thinking about how I could reflect the two aspects of me in the title and photo shoot. I started researching metaphors etc. about dual personalities and DID but nothing stood out. You see, the one half of me believes in the fame as if I have already lived it. The other half of me is weak, insecure etc. and I really want to reflect it through music.

If you have any ideas about a title/concept for the photo shoot I would really appreciate it ;) :kisses:

Title:The Two Sides or maybe The Identity.

Photo shoot idea: One side of your face reflects your insecurities and the other one reflects your Fierceness as a celebrity.

Title:The Two Sides or maybe The Identity.

Photo shoot idea: One side of your face reflects your insecurities and the other one reflects your Fierceness as a celebrity.

Are you psychic? That's one of my ideas! One half of me will be tinted Gold (I think) and the other Black. Or I might have my two sides facing each other, or a picture of me wearing a crown, looking d--gged out inside a crying eye? Maybe Identity Crisis might be a good title? Or Dance The Dream? :pressed:

Edited by Lookin4TheLight

Are you psychic? That's one of my ideas! One half of me will be tinted Gold (I think) and the other Black. Or I might have my two sides facing each other, or a picture of me wearing a crown, looking d--gged out inside a crying eye? Maybe Identity Crisis might be a good title? Or Dance The Dream? :pressed:

Identity Crisis sounds amazing

Oooh, it's all starting to get rather exciting, isn't it?

miranda-miranda-hart-1.jpg

Have you thought of separatiing the emotional pieces into one CD and the fame,pop culture ones in to other CD. The two would be bought together. DISC 1 Identity and DISC 2 Crisis.

Have you thought of separatiing the emotional pieces into one CD and the fame,pop culture ones in to other CD. The two would be bought together. DISC 1 Identity and DISC 2 Crisis.

I think that I'd have to wait to see what Gaga does for ARTPOP. If she separates them into ART and POP then I don't anna be seen like a copycat, especially on GGD. Tbh, I don't know which would be IDENTITY and CRISIS, but I reckon that IDENTITY would be the pop culture one? It's more of a dark look on pop culture and the concept of "15 minutes of fame", as well as my idea of already having the fame in my head.

I think that I'd have to wait to see what Gaga does for ARTPOP. If she separates them into ART and POP then I don't anna be seen like a copycat, especially on GGD. Tbh, I don't know which would be IDENTITY and CRISIS, but I reckon that IDENTITY would be the pop culture one? It's more of a dark look on pop culture and the concept of "15 minutes of fame", as well as my idea of already having the fame in my head.

So happy that you are going to release an album. I wish I had that opportunity.

mwjuell91

Thank-you!!! The songs are extremely personal to me, especially the one I wrote today. My friend's self harming :cry: and he had a huge argument with his friend and I had to sort it out, then he threatened to kill himself (he's tried before) and I feel so helpless...

Thats very sad, and I feel sorry for him.

However from a songwriting point of you, you should let these incidents in your life sink in, and instead of directly write about them wait until you have comprehended what really happened. That way you can write about the Idea of it, rather then have it be like a journal for you. I don't know how you write, but Im just giving you tips:) Try not to be so literal, rather have the trauma you feel be a force pushing from beneath the surface, rather then be blatant in the song.

I suggest you listen a bit to Tori Amos, seeing she is undoubtably one of the great songwriters of our time.

Edit: I am no expert and this is also a note to self, as I also am working on writing songs. :) Just nice to share thoughts.

Edited by mwjuell91

nativenewyorker

Not exactly here to be generic dude.

My voice is what makes me different, and I'm keeping it that way.

Especially when this was a one take type of thing and I've never had a vocal coach or recorded me singing anytime but live

I'm proud of my voice and I'm not trying to appeal to those who like the perfect generic mess the radio is now a days. I'm trying to appeal to those who actually like the raw hoarness, power, and emotion of music; what it should be.

Plus I like I stated, my voice is gone from screaming at the BTWB.

I'm glad you're proud of your voice but no one's going to want to listen to it if you're doing pop music. The only evidence of untrained voices working for mainstream music is in rock n roll or rap. Rock's dead and you're not a rapper. Unless you want to remain an indie act, doing "raw emotional" music won't get you anywhere. I suggest learning the craft and getting a coach if you have any hopes of getting signed by a major label.

RideRidePony

So I've wrote a bunch of songs over the last few years and there's actually some good ones according to people I've shown and I'm in love with one in particular; it's quite Springsteeny and metaphorical. They're currently living on my computer or in my cabinet. i wish i could do more than shower-sing and actually make music :(

First draft is done. It's fairly rough, no lyrics yet, but I don't know if I'm going to write any for this song though, probably not.

Edited by La Fama