๐Ÿ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA ๐Ÿ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Part 4)

Americano

Featured Posts

Adele is doing almost nothing to help establish a large fanbase. She's being lazy and doesn't care... I couldn't imagine being a fan of an artist that does squat. I think she has a lot of people that would look forward to buying her next album, but not many truly "loyal" fans.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Ozzy8923

• Klou

Top Posters In This Topic

A major misconception is that Adele's new album will have the kind of longevity 21 did. It won't, which is why a big first week is very important and why Columbia will work very hard to attain one.

Piracy IS getting worse and even with EXTENSIVE promo. If your album manages to go platinum, consider yourself lucky.

Piracy IS getting worse and even with EXTENSIVE promo. If your album manages to go platinum, consider yourself lucky.

It's hard just to go Gold. Has Madonna even topped 500K yet?

MarryTheKnight

Katy has officially passed 500K sales with Wide Awake.

Even her 8th single will drag Judas and MTN :fan:

Katy has officially passed 500K sales with Wide Awake.

Even her 8th single will drag Judas and MTN :fan:

The first 16 dates of the BTWB were just $10 million shy of outgrossing the entire 124-date California Dreams Tour. That is the real kii :fan:

MarryTheKnight

Hm that seems too low. If Gaga has a smashing lead single I'm sure she can top that

No after Born This Way, I dont think Gaga will pass a 600K debut.

Also, I dont think her next album will be as hyped as BTW was...

Anyways the weeks after the first week are MORE important. You want longevity. Born This Way quickly fell off the charts.

A major misconception is that Adele's new album will have the kind of longevity 21 did. It won't, which is why a big first week is very important and why Columbia will work very hard to attain one.

While album sales are declining, they are increasingly being concentrated into huge first weeks for established artists (followed by big drop offs and shorter lifespans).

So for that reason, there will be more huge first weeks.

Anyways the weeks after the first week are MORE important. You want longevity.

Sales are sales. Gaga needs a big first week to garner good publicity.

Bet Interscope will find more tricks (like with MDNA sales).

Edited by craig

Arturo

The first 16 dates of the BTWB were just $10 million shy of outgrossing the entire 124-date California Dreams Tour. That is the real kii :fan:

And the BTWB is expected to outsell the MB and the MB is already the 15th highest grossing tour in history :fan:

Katy where are you?

MarryTheKnight

Just shows how overpriced the BTWB is just to watch Gaga play dress up in her life-sized Polly Pocket castle :teehee:

jk

And the BTWB is expected to outsell the MB and the MB is already the 15th highest grossing tour in history :fan:

Katy where are you?

The stans of other artists put all their eggs into single sales when touring is where the real money is :fan:

MarryTheKnight

The stans of other artists put all their eggs into single sales when touring is where the real money is :fan:

well tbh I like artists like Katy, Rihanna and Nicki but I dont want to see them in concert...

well tbh I like artists like Katy, Rihanna and Nicki but I dont want to see them in concert...

I really don't blame you. I may be interested in seeing Rihanna but that's it.

Arturo

basic stans :nails: