opinion

About Ultraviolence & Honeymoon

katybathy

Featured Posts

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
misunderstood

I love Ultraviolence it includes one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE Lana songs. 'Black Beauty'. I still remember the day I heard the leaked demo. :giveup: It also has the gems: Ultraviolence, Brooklyn Baby, Pretty When You Cry, Money Power Glory, Old Money, and Florida Kilos. Also Honeymoon has the gems that are God Knows I Tried, High By the Beach, Freak, Art Deco, Music to Watch Boys To, Burnt Norton (Interlude), Religion, and 24.

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

courtneylove

Ultraviolence was everything to me in June & July of 2014. I remember going to Target the day it was released and getting the deluxe version & I'm glad I did because I can't find 'Flipside' anywhere else & it is, to me, the best song on the album. I finally decided to get high to her music with a friend and it was transformative & so vivid. I felt like I truly understood the meaning of the music. 

Honeymoon was a different story. I was kind of wanting an Ultraviolence, Pt. II, and Honeymoon was a completely different feel. 'Swan Song' is amazing, as well as MTWBT. & while it is an amazing album, I don't listen to it a lot. 

I have mixed feelings about LFL but hopefully she'll resurrect some UV vibes. I just think it is her best work. 

StarlightSeiya

Born to Die was her peak that's that on that.

Bone Apple Tea bebe

Captain Amazing

I honestly don't really care for Ultraviolence apart from West Coast and Brooklyn Baby, I just never got into it. With Honeymoon i didnt really like it at first but now it's my favourite Lana album. So much of the album is pure perfection like Freak and God Knows I Tried. Overall i feel it is her deepest and darkest record 

teenagechrist

I love Ultraviolence, it's an amazing album and I used to say that it was my favourite album from her, but I changed my mind and I think it's BTD+Paradise, because I literally adore every. single. song. Ultraviolence is close though, so you'll probably read me saying it's her best album someday lmao.

About Honeymoon... The album ends after the Burnt Norton interlude for me. Religion, Salvatore, TBD, 24, SS, and DLMBM are boring and I never listen to them, but I adore the rest of the album. 

Edit: I remembered how good Black Beauty is and I already regret saying BTD is my favourite. It's so hard :giveup:

feeling so hot tamale

ARTPOPism

I really loved Ultraviolence since the first time i've heard, I think that the whole album is way more consistant than Honeymoon.

I have mixed feelings about Honeymoon because Salvatore, Honeymoon, Religion are awesome songs but the rest its just meh: Swan Song is really annoying, Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood took away all the essence of the original song, 24 is boring and the other tracks sounds the same. It's been 2 years since the album was released but i still don't get the whole essence of the songs

Damon

I think Ultraviolence is my fav ambum from her, the consistent of the sound and visuals are what I love and expect from Lana. Honeymoon is good to, but it was hard for me to get into it first, it was a huge change to her music tho, the first time I heard HBTB I was shook and confused, but I still love it tho

... and now i just sit in silence.

littlepotter

I hate how nobody ever talks about Paradise :selena: it's by far her best work and my favorite of hers!

chaeri pls

littlepotter
9 hours ago, StarlightSeiya said:

Born to Die was her peak that's that on that.

That is definitely not that on anything

chaeri pls

Fiona Apple

I think that both are amazing tbh. Maybe you need to give them more time.

Ultraviolence is by far her best album

katybathy
34 minutes ago, IAmDavid said:

I think that both are amazing tbh. Maybe you need to give them more time.

Ultraviolence is by far her best album

low key love Ultraviolence but i have no time for the other :selena:

Illuminati

They are magical but I took a long time to appreciate both of them, Honeymoon is kinda her most mature sounding album imo and Ultraviolence is very raw and heartbreaking like angry sad almost. BTD and Paradise are easier to get into I guess, with hip hop influences, easy to understand references and shocking lyrics they sound almost trendy. 

You absolutely need to be in a very specific mood to appreciate Honeymoon I think, once it connects to you it feels like a whole new universe. 

And shut up all of you basic homos saying BTD was her peak because it's the only album you listened to. Ultraviolence says hi.

Illuminati
1 hour ago, littlepotter said:

I hate how nobody ever talks about Paradise :selena: it's by far her best work and my favorite of hers!

That album will always remind me of when I went to her concert and she sang it live. It was a religious experience. 

Archived