Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

About Ultraviolence & Honeymoon

katybathy

Featured Posts

Angel Morphine
16 minutes ago, Alolan Raichu said:

Henny different styles and influences UV was produced by Dan Auerbach but to each their own I guess :awkney:

I would say UV has a psychedelic undertones but to say it's completely psychedelic and rock is laughable. 

Sorrow found me when I was young.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tom Nook
1 minute ago, Angel Morphine said:

I would say UV has a psychedelic undertones but to say it's completely psychedelic and rock is laughable. 

ShallowLiquidKitten-small.gif

:poot:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

BlingNotTheMusic

I'm glad there are people besides me that just.....don't get Honeymoon. 

I like Music To Watch Boys To, High By The Beach, Freak, Art Deco, but the rest is all forgettable and boring IMO.

Ultraviolence is my sh*t tho....

retroglamx

Those are Lana's best albums and y'all have to deal.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

AndrewGr

I LOVE Honeymoon and I think Salvatore is her best song

I genuinely hate Ultraviolence tho...

Ferrer Zorola

I agree 💯%

To me they're the same albums. The only things sort of iconic that came from her after Once Upon a Dream were her lead singles  and her The Weeknd collabs.

And to the people that say Born To Die is not her best work because it's pop: 

IT IS her best work and don't act like it didn't brought you in. Wannabe music expert hipsters.

LIFE IS GOOD

crybrowz

UV is definitely my favorite album from her (although I'm hoping LFL will change that). Cruel World, UV, Shades of Cool, Brooklyn Baby, West Coast, FMWUTTT, Old Money, Black Beauty, and Florida Kilos are all f*cking incredible songs. 

Honeymoon is good, but pales in comparison to UV in my opinion. MTWBT, Terrence Loves You, HBTB, Art Deco, Salvatore, and The Blackest Day are all great songs, but the rest of the album is just kind of forgettable to me. That being said, it's still better than almost everything that anyone else has put out in recent times, but for Lana standards I think she can do better. 

Oriane

Funny, Ultraviolence is considered as her best one by a lot of people (let's say outside of the pop bubble). And I do too. Honeymoon is good too, very cohesive for me, I don't know why people hate it. Too slow for them I guess. Born to Die is ok but too mainstream.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

EdgeofTeeth

Both are some of my favorite albums ever. Ultraviolence tells a story and really takes you on a very dark journey, while Honeymoon feels like a very moody and nostalgic soundtrack to a classic movie. I love them each for different reasons, they evoke very different emotions.

HolyFool

"Sounds really boring"? Just because an album/song doesn't have a thumping club beat doesn't mean it's boring. BTD is not lana's best album at all. I recall an interview where she said she wasn't thrilled about the product on BTD. 

katybathy
8 minutes ago, HolyFool said:

"Sounds really boring"? Just because an album/song doesn't have a thumping club beat doesn't mean it's boring. BTD is not lana's best album at all. I recall an interview where she said she wasn't thrilled about the product on BTD. 

no one said a club beat is necessary, holyfool 

whore

Ultraviolence would have to be her best album. Best influences, best melodies, best themes. Even the bonus tracks are better than most of Honeymoon :madge:

SpookyKid

Ultraviolence is Lana's best album :sis: 

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

7 hours ago, katybathy said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRr0YFWKGTJxYElZJMHUp2images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-sfLTqNBMRslj0nkkxcD

genuinely asking, do some of you really like these two albums that much ? I mean I love Lana, she's a great person and I think Born To Die is one of the best albums ever made but Ultraviolence and Honeymoon sound really boring and nothing special unlike BTD. :selena:

They are all boring.

Archived