💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

About Ultraviolence & Honeymoon

katybathy

Featured Posts

YeehawKylie
1 hour ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

I keep seeing people say the album is "90s" and "dream pop"...where? It's west coast rock with a 60s/70s influence :oprah:

You should listen to The Sundays, Mazzy Star, and Belly. I honestly don't get how one cannot see the influences there (particularly The Sundays and Mazzy Star). It's all over the album. Cruel World, the title track, Sad Girl, Shades of Cool...I could keep going but I'll end up naming each track. That's not to say 90s Dream pop itself wasn't inspired by musical era and genres before it, but you're seeing Ultraviolence called a 90s Dream pop influenced album all the time because it is. It's not even debatable. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tom Nook
30 minutes ago, Angel Morphine said:

Lel UV isn't rock either hunties

Hunty Ultraviolence is literally listed under Psychadelic and Desert Rock

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

holy scheisse

Uktraviolence is amazing. 

It was such a change in her progression. 

Brooklyn baby... Old money... Shades of cool... West COAST!? Uktraviolence itself. Black beauty! Great songs from this album 

Honeymoon is like a watered down hybrid of born to die and uktraviolence. I liked art deco and swan song but otherwise don't listen to anything from honeymoon too much.  EDIT shout out to music to watch boys to and high by the beach. Honeymoon isn't bad just not too excited and sounds very depressing. This is why I cant wait for lust for life cause it sounds like it'll be her first happy album  

Fanta

I will admit Honeymoon bores me, but Ultraviolence is her best album and IMO her creative peak. I became a fan pre-Born To Die, but after Ultraviolence I can't even listen to some of her old albums because the quality is incredible. From the snippets of Lust for Life though, what's coming sounds really promising. It also seems like the worst songs on the album are the collabs...

slayo
4 hours ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Ultraviolence is one of my favourite albums of all time, and I can say I've listened to a lot of albums, and from all sorts of genres. Seriously, that album is one of the most cohesive I've ever heard, it sounds so faithful to its concept, it has that bittersweet nostalgia that makes your heart dance, it's sexy, melodramatic, romantic, dream pop with a very vintage blues feeling to it. Each song sounds very unique for me.

came here to say this but in a messier way

Make it stupid!

Monsterish

Come on, Ultraviolence is better so far! Honeymoon is like the cheap version of Born To Die :reductive:

Angel Morphine
47 minutes ago, Alolan Raichu said:

Hunty Ultraviolence is literally listed under Psychadelic and Desert Rock

That may be but as an avid listener of Baby Woodrose, Kyuss and Desert Cruiser, UV is a far cry from the genre. 

Sorrow found me when I was young.

Melmoth

I love Ultraviolence! And few months ago I reconsidered Honeymoon, previously I liked only 2 or 3 songs.

Tom Nook
7 minutes ago, Angel Morphine said:

That may be but as an avid listener of Baby Woodrose, Kyuss and Desert Cruiser, UV is a far cry from the genre. 

Henny different styles and influences UV was produced by Dan Auerbach but to each their own I guess :awkney:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

katybathy

BTD is her best sue me :selena: but between UV and HM, UV shits on the other one sorry :selena:

Creyk
8 minutes ago, katybathy said:

BTD is her best sue me :selena: but between UV and HM, UV shits on the other one sorry :selena:

Everybody knows BTD is her best album. That does not mean the other 2 aren't good, they are 9.5/10 albums while BTD is a 10/10. .that's all. You simply can't expect her to keep bringing that kind of quality. Making Born To Die was the entire goal, the purpose of her life. When she put out that album she was complete as a person, she realized all of her dreams. Of course she lost her drive. But she didn't lose her talent.

Archived