Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Drag Queen exposes Katy Perry

gag

Featured Posts

Admin
10 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Lol at you comparing playing the Super Bowl to starring in a music video.

It's a very fair comparison. A Katy Perry music video for an unknown person is just as big of an opportunity as the Super Bowl was for Gaga.

10 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

If if you wanna look up the history of the NFL not paying the artist for the show then by all means do. They pay for the production costs (ranging from 600,000 to 10 Million) to in addition to paying the musicians and dancers except the headlining act. 

No, they don't. Paying for the production costs =/= paying the artist. Katy's team would also be paying for the production costs of the video. All the drag queen had to do was show up and do what she does every night for tip money except that would be seen by hundreds of millions people.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YeehawKylie
12 minutes ago, Admin said:

All the drag queen had to do was show up and do what she does every night for tip money except that would be seen by hundreds of millions people.

Drag queens typically have schedules and, I assume filming a music video would at least use up a day. That is a potential day of work and money for someone who, likely, does not earn much. And mind you, the drag queen still has to seemingly use their own make-up, wig, and costumes which are also money. At the very least, Perry's team could offer a stipend. The 'exposure' excuse is insulting, in my opinion and in that regard I agree with the drag queen. Drag is a performance art, queens are entertainers, they shouldn't be asked to perform for free (especially by a label that seemingly, should have money to compensate them for their work). 

Gaga's Super Bowl Performance was easily profitable as her products (singles, albums) are available for purchase worldwide and easily accessible through online streaming and downloads. A Drag Queen's product (her performances) are not as accessible. They typically perform in 18 or 21+ gay bars. While they may have a YouTube channel or merch, it's still just not as viable. Hundreds of millions of people seeing you perform in a music video (as a background character likely) will not have the same benefits as a musician performing at the Super Bowl. 

skaxboy

The thing that sucks is that this music video is intended to generate profits for Katy/her label. So if it will be for profits, there's got to be some sort of incentive for the queens, not just exposure. 

If it were to be a charity video or something non-profit then sure. But this is gonna be making people money so why not pay people for their services.

On a side note, Katy is really trying to come for those views this era. Drag Race is more popular than ever so it only makes sense she is now embracing queens.  Girl bye  

MJHolland
39 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Dude you really shouldn't put up with that. Unpaid work and 'internships' are the biggest con ever. 

haha yeah I mean they suck but gotta have a competitive resume ya know :S

I'm lucky that I'm privileged enough to be able to afford it since I'm in school and my parents help me out tremendously 

but drag queens should be payed for a music video that's just silly to me :saladga:

edit: like if you're gonna use gay culture as a prop to get views at least pay the performers 

MANiCURE1295
1 hour ago, Admin said:

It's a very fair comparison. A Katy Perry music video for an unknown person is just as big of an opportunity as the Super Bowl was for Gaga.

No, they don't. Paying for the production costs =/= paying the artist. Katy's team would also be paying for the production costs of the video. All the drag queen had to do was show up and do what she does every night for tip money except that would be seen by hundreds of millions people.

Never once said that. I actually said that they don't pay the headlining act. So please tell me where I said that please, oh and if you think a Katy Perry music video in 2017 would get the drag queens the same opportunity as playing the halftime show you're actually ****ing insane. Get your head out of your ass.

and next time read what I actually wrote instead of misquoting me. Thanks. Much appreciated.

MANiCURE1295
1 hour ago, IndieKylie said:

Drag queens typically have schedules and, I assume filming a music video would at least use up a day. That is a potential day of work and money for someone who, likely, does not earn much. And mind you, the drag queen still has to seemingly use their own make-up, wig, and costumes which are also money. At the very least, Perry's team could offer a stipend. The 'exposure' excuse is insulting, in my opinion and in that regard I agree with the drag queen. Drag is a performance art, queens are entertainers, they shouldn't be asked to perform for free (especially by a label that seemingly, should have money to compensate them for their work). 

Gaga's Super Bowl Performance was easily profitable as her products (singles, albums) are available for purchase worldwide and easily accessible through online streaming and downloads. A Drag Queen's product (her performances) are not as accessible. They typically perform in 18 or 21+ gay bars. While they may have a YouTube channel or merch, it's still just not as viable. Hundreds of millions of people seeing you perform in a music video (as a background character likely) will not have the same benefits as a musician performing at the Super Bowl. 

Someone with common sense on this site :) admin clearly has no idea what he's talking about and the fact that he even said "all they have to do is show up and do that they normally would do for tip money" was not only disrespectful but also completely ignorant.

wtfgaga
14 hours ago, Magik said:

can't wait for A Star Is Born (And Payed The Queens)  to come out

OKURRR

13 hours ago, HOMODRAKE said:

It's still a job tho. Nobody (except maybe the wealthy/rich) will do a job for free, no matter how "fun" it seems. I love my new job and I genuinely love the **** that I do, but I wouldn't do it for free just because :toofunny: if anything, I'd offer to conduct my services for free for friends and select relatives etc., but never EVER do a job for a client for FREE :toofunny:

Many do volunteer work like at hospitals for free. Its kinda like a job but not getting paid. Unpaid internships. Etc.

Do we know this is actually accurate and true. I mean she could just be bitter because she wasnt chosen to be in the video and making false accusations.

Talent
2 hours ago, Admin said:

An "unknown" person, lmfao. Two of these drag queen got nominated for Emmys (!!!!) today. We're not talking about club b*tches. They are professionals and they deserve respect. 

🔵 - Banned because I quoted a stupid meme. Literally. So, yeah.

nikola

I love how admin i still trying to protect katy and her team.......SAD.....

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

uo111
3 hours ago, IndieKylie said:

Yes, while we may not agree about every part of this story, I definitely agree with you that Katy Perry should've never been named. It's beyond unprofessional to do so in the entertainment industry. Had she not dropped Perry's name, we would've still figured it out eventually. That part bothers me. I think she has a right to explain the point that Drag Queens are entertainers, and a profession that requires a lot of time and money, and that they deserve to be compensated for their work. Bringing up Katy Perry's name on a public platform just makes the Queen look bad and could hurt her bookings for similar projects in the future. 

I don't think she will mind if other people looking for free work don't come knocking on her door.

In reality naming Katy isn't rude at all. You are right to say it's a bad idea, because other people might be more hesitant to someone who they view as a "loose canon", but it wasn't wrong to do. It was wrong to ask professionals to work for free when you supposedly make millions.

MANiCURE1295
28 minutes ago, Talent said:

An "unknown" person, lmfao. Two of these drag queen got nominated for Emmys (!!!!) today. We're not talking about club b*tches. They are professionals and they deserve respect. 

Haha I appreciate any post making admin look dumb AF about this.

Archived