đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Drag Queen exposes Katy Perry

gag

Featured Posts

doppelganger
Just now, Admin said:

Thanks for the answer and sorry if I come off as rude, but I still don't understand. When someone like Gaga or Rihanna or Katy wears your design even in an Instagram selfie, let alone a music video and performance, it gives you so much exposure that can give you so much more than food on the table.

It's a known fact that even huge brands like Chanel or Versace send their clothes for celebrities (not even A-listers like Katy) to wear them on the red carpet. If they think it's worth working for free, why wouldn't you?

Well we're not talking about Chanel or Versace here - they are brands in themselves and even the smaller designers that popstars wear already have the reputation as being cool. 

90% of young designers and artists don't  have the privilege of giving away time and effort for free. Many have day jobs to pay their bills. Many DO work for free, but I have seen friends who have exhibited internationally and yet hadn't improved their lives - because they don't have the willpower to say "no i value my work and will not work for free". Exposure doesn't necessarily increase the value of their work in monetary value - demanding to be paid for your work does. 

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meruk Holland
2 minutes ago, Admin said:

Thanks for the answer and sorry if I come off as rude, but I still don't understand. When someone like Gaga or Rihanna or Katy wears your design even in an Instagram selfie, let alone a music video and performance, it gives you so much exposure that can give you so much more than food on the table.

It's a known fact that even huge brands like Chanel or Versace send their clothes for celebrities (not even A-listers like Katy) to wear them on the red carpet. If they think it's worth working for free, why wouldn't you?

It kind of comes off as disrespectful to not only the art, but to the artist as well. "I'm so much more well-known and superior to you, I'll allow you to be involved so you can get exposure." It's not untrue in most cases, (at least, with the well-known part), but it's rude af. If they pay for the art, then it's sending the message that they respect the artist and their work.

Chanel and Versace aren't being asked to send their stuff to celebrities, they're the ones offering their goods for free. Granted, if say Gaga did ask Versace for new outfits, I doubt anyone involved would bat an eye, but big brand names can afford to swallow their pride in those situations. They're already big brand names without the exposure. Plus, I think at that point it's less "get people to see our brand" and more "this celebrity is wearing it, that'll want their fans to wear it too"

Admin
1 minute ago, Meruk Holland said:

90% of young designers and artists don't  have the privilege of giving away time and effort for free. Many have day jobs to pay their bills. Many DO work for free, but I have seen friends who have exhibited internationally and yet hadn't improved their lives - because they don't have the willpower to say "no i value my work and will not work for free". Exposure doesn't necessarily increase the value of their work in monetary value - demanding to be paid for your work does. 

Okay I get it. I still don't think I agree - if I were a designer I know that I would be begging A-listers to wear my stuff. But I do see your point.

Panchecco
2 hours ago, yASSsss said:

she's trying so hard to pander to the LGBTQ community and its not working.

Remember when she randomly appeared on RPDR finale and no one cared :selena:.A lot of people were actually mad to see her

"TV: So I have to talk about Katy Perry’s quick video appearance, in which she wished luck to Sasha Velour. I’ve heard that in many gay bars, people actively booed the whole time that she was on screen."

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/rupauls-drag-race-season-9-finale-recap

also anyone who watched her WWW YouTube live stream would know that she didn't know anything about Sasha or Drag Race and that she didn't even know that she was supposed to talk directly to Sasha in fact, during the live stream, she very awkardly read a question as if she was supposed to answer it when it was clearly a question for Sasha (it was something like "what will you do with all the hair products and burger supplies you won during the show considering you're a bald and vegan queen" #mess :sharon:)

also, katy recorder her video after they taped the finale so basically Sasha had to react to nothing while they were filming :madge:

Meruk Holland
2 minutes ago, Admin said:

Okay I get it. I still don't think I agree - if I were a designer I know that I would be begging A-listers to wear my stuff. But I do see your point.

I can kind of agree with this, but only if it's an A-lister I admire. I'd do anything if Gaga asked. I already give her all my money :selena:

But if Justin Bieber, Kanye West, or someone else who I may like but don't actively follow asked me, I'd probably, but politely, decline. I'd be excited as all get out that an A-lister wanted something from me and I'd probably milk that for all its worth.

Perhaps it's different for a drag queen because they themselves are the art. To be asked to show up, do a dance, bang some cymbals, and leave with no pay might be really dehumanizing to them.

duskball

I used to like Vicky but after finding out her and detox drugged willam as a joke :nails:

DeanWinchester

Admin didn't even answer my technical question about the site update hours ago (nearly a day now) and here he is defending Katy

tumblr_inline_onjan0Ot3w1ux5prg_500.gif

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Naor Daniel

Everything about Witness era is messed up. It's like she's begging for "mistakes" to happen.

LaLuna

This just goes to show that even with drag becoming mainstream, a lot of people still don't take it seriously. I can't believe some of you are defending this (I'm looking at you Admin :madge:). Every job deserves a salary. Drag queens are not just men who like to play dress-up for fun, they need to make a living too, ffs. Otherwise how are they gonna afford wigs, makeup, outfits and everything? Not cool. 

Meanwhile, Katy will get 25M$ just for sitting her pretty ass in a judge's chair on American Idol :fthis:

gagzus

i've had ENOUGH

Spoiler

this is my prayer that i'll die living just as free as my hair.mp3

will straight people stop tryna exploit LGBT culture already, they'll pay the damn twink who gets the coffees but won't pay the people who will be the selling point they're gonna exploit? yikes

Admin
9 minutes ago, Scathach said:

Every job deserves a salary

Why didn't Gaga get paid for playing the Super Bowl? Was NFL disrespecting her as well?

9 minutes ago, Scathach said:

Meanwhile, Katy will get 25M$ just for sitting her pretty ass on a judge's chair on American Idol :fthis:

That's because that's what her name is worth now. Pretty sure she had to play the guitar in bars for years for free to get where she is.

Archived