💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Drag Queen exposes Katy Perry

gag

Featured Posts

Admin
11 minutes ago, ctherainbow said:

Unknown?  @Admin, I know you're a Katy fan, so you're invested in defending her, but let's not make false and rude claims here.  Vicky Vox may not be a celebrity on the same level as Katy, but she's far from unknown. Some of her accomplishments include:

- Appearing in Magic Mike XXL

- Opening a Marco Marco fashion show

- Starring in music videos as part of the drag group DWV that have been viewed over 30 million times

- She is also one of the most recognizable non-Drag Race drag queens out there

So she may not be a Katy Perry-level celebrity, but she is far from unknown, and is very relevant within the community that makes up the majority of members of this site.  If you could be a little more respectful and less partisan, it would be a great example for the other members, and would help cut down on stan wars in the future.

My intention was never to diminish her accomplishments (I agree that I should have worded it better instead of calling her simply unknown) - my point was that even if she were the most well-known drag queen in the community, that's still nearly nothing to how big Katy Perry is, who is a household name everywhere from America to Russia to China. That's why I brought up Gaga's SB performance as an example - she may be one of the biggest musicians in history, but for something as huge as the Super Bowl she is replaceable and if she hadn't agreed to perform for free, they would just ask Rihanna/Adele/Ed Sheeran etc. 

Re: the last sentence, I agree and that's exactly the reason I've been trying to defend Katy lately.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ctherainbow
5 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Nah @Admin is too busy shitting on Gaga for releasing the Cure, he only contributes to Stan wars didn't you know??

Well, I'm not going to be rude to Admin, because that would be quite hypocritical of me.  But I do think he can set a better example. :shrug: 

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

2 minutes ago, 15jocart said:

I'm assuming you aren't someone who performs or creates for a living. That's fine, but that's not how any of this works at all.

I'm not sure how big of a part this person was supposed to get in said video, but I'd guess a significant amount of screen time. What you're saying is that people like Gaga's dancers, the people who play love interests, etc. are also expected to do that for free? There's literally no difference. Being a drag queen is this person's job, and they're not going to do it for free. To accept a proposition like this, from a mega star like KP and her team, is foolish. It's not a volunteer opportunity, it's a job opportunity. Key word being job, as in, they are supposed to be making money.

I didn't say anyone was expected to do it for free, I said if you don't see it as an opportunity that is going to benefit you in any way then DECLINE IT. What part are you not undetstanding?

PS, I do create for a living. And if I had the opportunity to create for a mega pop star you're damn right I'd do it for free for the promotion that would entail. In fact, here's a jacket I just painted for the JWT. 

faaE6ar.jpg

MANiCURE1295
Just now, ctherainbow said:

Well, I'm not going to be rude to Admin, because that would be quite hypocritical of me.  But I do think he can set a better example. :shrug: 

Oh for sure! He easily could. Not only on stopping the pathetic stab wars here (btw loved witness, nothing against Katy) but also on how to not be condescending and rude.

thats the issue with this site. No one can actually have an intelligent conversation, they're all just catty and resort to Stan tactics. It really annoys me when I take time to replay to him and he doesn't actually read what I said and just resorts to condescending (and to be quite honest, rude and disrespectful) posts about how the other party should be "thankful" because they're so "unknown"

ctherainbow
1 minute ago, Admin said:

My intention was never to diminish her accomplishments (I agree that I should have worded it better instead of calling her simply unknown) - my point was that even if she were the most well-known drag queen in the community, that's still nearly nothing to how big Katy Perry is, who is a household name everywhere from America to Russia to China. That's why I brought up Gaga's SB performance as an example - she may be one of the biggest musicians in history, but for something as huge as the Super Bowl she is replaceable and if she hadn't agreed to perform for free, they would just ask Rihanna/Adele/Ed Sheeran etc. 

Re: the last sentence, I agree and that's exactly the reason I've been trying to defend Katy lately.

Oh, I got your point, and I agree she is not a celebrity on the same level as Katy Perry.  Just... most members here could benefit from thinking before they type, and I appreciate your willingness to engage in respectful conversation.

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

15jocart
1 minute ago, Harian said:

I didn't say anyone was expected to do it for free, I said if you don't see it as an opportunity that is going to benefit you in any way then DECLINE IT. What part are you not undetstanding?

PS, I do create for a living. And if I had the opportunity to create for a mega pop star you're damn right I'd do it for free for the promotion that would entail. In fact, here's a jacket I just painted for the JWT. 

faaE6ar.jpg

From the story, it does seem like they did decline...

Also, that looks amazing and you seem quite talented, but there's a huge difference between "be in my music video for free" and "feel free to bring homemade fan art to the concert I'm putting on."

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

Just now, 15jocart said:

From the story, it does seem like they did decline...

Also, that looks amazing and you seem quite talented, but there's a huge difference between "be in my music video for free" and "feel free to bring homemade fan art to the concert I'm putting on."

How is that different? It's my job, it pays my bills, it takes me time. But I know a good opportunity when I see one. 

MANiCURE1295

OMG THEY DID OFFER MONEY HAHAHAHAHA OMG. This is such a mess. 

Thank god. I don't think Katy could deal with another terrible headline for this album era. I'm glad to find out the truth though. That makes me really happy to hear.

15jocart
1 minute ago, Harian said:

How is that different? It's my job, it pays my bills, it takes me time. But I know a good opportunity when I see one. 

Well, this person (from what has been said in the topic) is relatively well-established in the drag community, so "exposure" isn't really the issue here. I'm a composer and arranger myself, and do things for free for myself or for the group that I'm in, but other than that, I charge. If someone with the clout (and money) of Katy Perry approached me appreciating my work and asked me to do them something, I'd definitely make sure I got something out of it other than "exposure." It's the same with unpaid internships, etc. The "experience" that you get is not tangible; the money you receive for your services is.

On that note, wanna make me a free jacket for the JWT? I'll bring you exposure to the Philly area :icega:

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

Dominic
3 minutes ago, Harian said:

It's not different and I agree. 

An opportunity to be in a global mainstream video that would be viewed by a huge audience is hardy a terrible thing. Don't know why people are making it sound criminal. Unpaid work is massively common and it can help to build a portfolio, particularly if you are new to the field or want to gain widespread success. Why would anyone hire you without experience? They wouldn't :rip:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Haroon
1 hour ago, Harian said:

here's a jacket I just painted for the JWT. 

faaE6ar.jpg

I just wanted to say that that is bloody beautiful :flutter: If you sell pieces like that then please send me a PM :yay: 

13 minutes ago, Haroon said:

I just wanted to say that that is bloody beautiful :flutter: If you sell pieces like that then please send me a PM :yay: 

I never have ready to sell items as everything is custom but of course I could make you something

Zazekina
23 hours ago, Ibo said:

Katy exploiting the LGBT community?

tenor.gif

SCREAMING 
tumblr_inline_nk3hfmR92c1t2kul1.gif

https://soundcloud.com/zazekina/otra-vez

uo111
8 hours ago, IndieKylie said:

The point was that such behavior could have an effect on paying gigs as well. 

Yea I know, that sentence was kind of sarcastic.

This behavior is not wrong, was my point. It could hurt her because other assholes might be afraid of being exposed on twitter if they hire her, but she didn't do Katy wrong. 

Archived