💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Drag Queen exposes Katy Perry

gag

Featured Posts

Talent
5 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Haha I appreciate any post making admin look dumb AF about this.

"These stupid drag queens should be grateful". No, bitch, Katy Perry should be grateful. Katy's team THOUGHT this was 1993 and drag queens are nothing. The ****ing nerve. 

🔵 - Banned because I quoted a stupid meme. Literally. So, yeah.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering

Very rude and disrespectful of Katy. At the very least, she could pay them out of her own pocket. 

Lion Heart

Another one in the basket I guess. 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Witness flopped. All tea, no shade. Also I firmly identify with Vicki Vox. Those girls put in work and deserve to be paid for their time. It's sad when you get more making tips at a dive bar than on a music video shoot with one of the nation's most popular, profitable stars. 

It's pathetic on KP's team's part. There's a difference between extras and actually hiring people. If they wanted drag queen extras, they should've listed it as extras, but if you're going to include them in choreography and other aspects of the video, pay them. Time is money honey. 

RAYA.core

You can not just wear a community Perry UHG!!

╰☆╮𝙸𝚐𝚗𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚜𝚖. 𝙻𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎... ☆╮JOINED November 25 2011

3 hours ago, IndieKylie said:

Yes, while we may not agree about every part of this story, I definitely agree with you that Katy Perry should've never been named. It's beyond unprofessional to do so in the entertainment industry. Had she not dropped Perry's name, we would've still figured it out eventually. That part bothers me. I think she has a right to explain the point that Drag Queens are entertainers, and a profession that requires a lot of time and money, and that they deserve to be compensated for their work. Bringing up Katy Perry's name on a public platform just makes the Queen look bad and could hurt her bookings for similar projects in the future. 

Vicki Vox tells it like it is. That's her persona. Quite frankly it bothers me that she's trying to make money off a community that pioneered the vogue and ball scene and it seems like she's trying to emulate it to some degree. Maybe the concept of her video doesn't involve her doing it, but if the queens are they most certainly need to be paid. 

Like if you're just getting started in drag, it sounds like a good opportunity, but established drag artists like Vicki who helped make "boy is a bottom," a thing, need to be paid. They want star power they can pay for it. 

I'm in a situation recently where I was hit with a high profile interview for the magazine I write for but they want to pay me $25 to interview the artist, their PR team and write a full feature length story for the web when a simple Q&A I just did got me $50 because it was for "print." I've been with them for three years almost. I can understand Vicki's frustration when she can pick up more money working three hours doing bar performances/appearances than on the set of a high profile music video for 8 hours a day. Being treated like cheap labor sucks and I'm with Vicki 100%. Pay your artists!

YeehawKylie
41 minutes ago, uo111 said:

I don't think she will mind if other people looking for free work don't come knocking on her door.

The point was that such behavior could have an effect on paying gigs as well. 

Mr Ricky
10 hours ago, yASSsss said:

do you know her personally? :oprah: 

I don't have to know her personally,  it's not like you could just trust all of this because of high salt level what's going on. I'm just assuming.  

And it's the team that ****ed up, not Katy. Can we not? 

Crossfit

Evan Peters

admin is an obnoxious katy stan? and here i was defending his ass :rip: 

emma roberts is an abuser

Cuchulainn

Does Katy even have anything to do with whether or not Vicky gets paid? Like others have said, if you don't like the offer then simply don't take it, move on and find a gig that will pay you. 

TimisaMonster

This whole album era... :smh:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

15jocart
9 hours ago, Admin said:

I don't know who that is but she should be grateful that an A-list pop star has given her, a completely unknown person, a chance to star in their music video for free.

What's not normal about that? Just a couple of months ago Gaga's fans had to pay themselves to be able to be an extra in her movie.

10 hours ago, Harian said:

This is stupid. It's an offer for exposure. Key word being "offer" - You can accept the offer or decline the offer. That's how music videos work a lot of the time - the compensation is the opportunity to be in the video. Don't like that opportunity? Don't take it. I know a lot of people trying to get into show business who would LOVE an opportunity like that. 

Vicky Vox is trying to play on that drag queen debacle with Katy that so called happened on SNL by making it seem like they're being taken advantage of and it's not the case at all. Being taken advantage of would be if they were promised something and not given it. That's not the scenario. It's pretty cut and dry, you've been presented with an offer - you either accept it or decline it. Move on. It's not as deep as that crazy drag queen makes it seem.

15 hours ago, HOTNebraskaGuy said:

This. If I was asked to be in a music video with Katy Perry I wouldn't ask how much am I getting paid, I'd ask how much would I HAVE to pay :sweat:

Some of these people... have extremely huge egos. It's ok to desire pay but to go on a rant after... completely unprofessional.

This kind of talk makes me so annoyed. "Exposure" is something you get through networking, not something that you're granted for doing your job for no pay. To try to hire a professional for free....that's extremely unprofessional in and of itself. Same with people who expect their friends who are creatives (graphic designers, musicians, etc.) to do them "favors" for free because they're friends. Something's gotta pay the bills...and letting people take advantage of you is not going to.

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

15jocart

Also, comparing something like the Super Bowl or ASIB extras, which were volunteer opportunities and billed as such, are much different than a team coming to you and asking for your service for free.

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

Mr Ricky

I don't know why the fck people are going at it for Katy. Just because someone's mad for not being paid, doesn''t mean everything has to go their way. He should have thought about it, he was the one who could just decline and go on with his life. You are there to be featured in a video being seen by millions of others. It's a bigger step in your career to be featured on that video. What the f*ck do you even want. Just because you're an act and get paid for every other act of performance, doesn't mean everything will. Just cancel that sh*t and move the fck on if you wouldn't get paid or find it a big deal. Drag queens are dramatic for their acts, but this just shows he wants to throw in a fit and overly dramatize what they just experienced. Should have said it in Katy's face instead of just on Twitter. Be professional and stop taking everything to Twitter. 

God, I hate fcking drama like this. Doing everything behind the fcking screen instead of just going under 4 eyes and fix the damn mess. What kind of honor is it for a popstar to fcking beg you for joining on that video. I'm literally defending no one with this, but the act of taking everything to twitter, being a dumbfck and accepting something you didn't get paid for and then start a fit because you didn't get paid? Get the fck out. And fcking get your sh*t together and move on with your damn life. Other than that go fcking accept sh*t where you get paid for. Jesus christ. 

The whole idea of this taking to twitter has to fcking stop. Because that makes HIM unprofessional and not her. 

#EndRant 

Crossfit

Archived