💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Make Your Mark - Gaga Daily Banner Competition

Logan

Featured Posts

Yes, use mediafire and post it in the other thread along with a jpg or png of your header.

Thanks! Didn't notice the other thread.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me boil the restrictions down. (Let me know if I missed any)

• Must be in .psd format
  • You can't change the layers marked "do not change".
  • No watermarks
  • Must be high quality, and preferably "clean", like a header, not densely complex (noisy) like some signatures can be.
  • Don't use magazine imagry or anything else that is copyrighted
  • Don't use textures or brushes that you don't have rights to use. (As far as I know, all brushes/textures/whatever that come with Photoshop are free to use for anything created with Photoshop)

The last two are just a fact of life that a site like this can't use copyrighted material without permission.

LittleDudeNT5

I have a question:

Is the banner going to be larger now? Because it looks larger right now when I opened the psd file.

Meaning, the void black area between the "navigation" stuff is a lot larger in the psd than on the current site.

PetiteMonstre

Just letting you guys know, most of the restrictions are legal/copyright reasons. We're not sitting here and maliciously rubbing our claws together, hellbent on sabotaging your creativity. We just don't like being sued.

Unless you'd like to pay for a GGD lawyer, then please, be my guest.

papergangster

Is someone going to make something, I wan to see something. :toofunny:

Free Monster

I'm sorry for being so assertive earlier. I didn't really think about how much you guys put into this.

I might try it but I'm a (loser) and use GIMP So I'm not acquainted with .psd.

I use GIMP as well and quite like it! I made a mini tutorial so that when you're done with your creation, you can change the file type to .psd :) hope it helps

2m4xe6g.jpg

2qtyb95.jpg

w2kaj9.jpg

24zw4mo.jpg

Free Monster

I will enter a serious entry, some of the instructions are like reading Chinese to me though, so I'll enter and if I don't qualify then that's okay :)

I will have to use Twitter pictures that she posts so that I don't get in the way of copyright :lolgaga:

Zilla

I will enter a serious entry, some of the instructions are like reading Chinese to me though, so I'll enter and if I don't qualify then that's okay :)

I will have to use Twitter pictures that she posts so that I don't get in the way of copyright :lolgaga:

I know, that's why if you have any questions, let me know. I can make it more like English and less Chinese

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

Kayla

Let me boil the restrictions down. (Let me know if I missed any)

• Must be in .psd format
  • You can't change the layers marked "do not change".
  • No watermarks
  • Must be high quality, and preferably "clean", like a header, not densely complex (noisy) like some signatures can be.
  • Don't use magazine imagry or anything else that is copyrighted
  • Don't use textures or brushes that you don't have rights to use. (As far as I know, all brushes/textures/whatever that come with Photoshop are free to use for anything created with Photoshop)

The last two are just a fact of life that a site like this can't use copyrighted material without permission.

Just letting you guys know, most of the restrictions are legal/copyright reasons. We're not sitting here and maliciously rubbing our claws together, hellbent on sabotaging your creativity. We just don't like being sued.

Unless you'd like to pay for a GGD lawyer, then please, be my guest.

These post hit the nail on the head. Quoting so people see them, since they clear up the problems people were having with the restrictions.

Free Monster

Okay one question. What layers don't we change? Do you mean use the same style that Gaga daily has now but just change it up a little (ie. color, font, photos) ?

And another question (not asking maliciously) how do we have that picture at the top of the current gaga daily page? wasn't that one copyrighted ?

Zilla

Okay one question. What layers don't we change? Do you mean use the same style that Gaga daily has now but just change it up a little (ie. color, font, photos) ?

And another question (not asking maliciously) how do we have that picture at the top of the current gaga daily page? wasn't that one copyrighted ?

In the file, you will see about 7 layers. Don't change search bars, navigation, borders, and background. And yes, the same thing up top just the imagery is different.

I believe that image that I'm looking at right now is official born this way imagery. I'm just telling you what admin told me in the way of imagery.

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

Can I please color this part of the banner in black? I really need to because that would make the final result look better. :(

fc7n2s.png

Seriously. I need an answer. :roll:

Sorry for the ****ty paint edit lol.

Logan

Also, please do not use any photoshop textures, stock imagery, fonts, photoshop brushes that you don’t own, or that you don’t have permission to use. Most of it is public domain stuff, but we don’t want any issues.

This rule has now been removed.

Archived