Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Was Joanne a flop? (Be honest)

theahsfan

Featured Posts

Zombie
2 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

Obviously poker face will be more iconic than million reasons... but that doesn't mean MR isn't iconic in itself. It really defines the direction Gaga is going and the GP loves it

nlsk6r.png

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alejandreaux

it was a moderate success. not the huge COMEBACK that we were hoping for but she actually pulled some cute numbers with it. 200k+ debut, top 5 double platinum single, 1.3m sales (about the same as Dangerous Woman and This is Acting which had HUGE hits on them), best selling female solo song of 2017, etc. for Gaga it may be smaller than her past success but a lot of pop girls would kill to have those numbers. 

LordEnigma
2 hours ago, Leonardo Fox said:

nlsk6r.png

I mean, it peaked the same as Applause and it was performed at one of the largest musical events in history so I'd sit down, girl.

gabeoz

Flop? Look at the numbers other artists are getting and then ask that :reductive:

HOTNebraskaGuy
On 6/23/2017 at 11:24 AM, ImmortalPop said:

Flop or not, this was the worst album/era ever imo :madge:

The Fame says hi

tumblr_ncz1weG5Qf1sj89r9o9_250.gif

One, five, ten lay a million on me

RochestrMonstr
11 minutes ago, ImmortalPop said:

Wat :what:

I agree with HOTNebraskaGuy.  Although I love it, I think The Fame is weaker than TFM, BTW, ARTPOP, and Joanne.  

ReallyVenus

for an album stripped down by the huge EDM-Dance pop artist.. it did pretty well. It's not a flop but also it's not a smash.

Who stepped on my taco?

Delulu Rogers

Other than in the US, Joanne didn't do too well in the rest of the world, therefore for us it seems like her last successful thing was applause...4 years ago. And everybody saying that MR went #4 needs to simmer down. She literally had to perform it before hundreds of millions of people for that to happen, otherwise it would have peaked at #57 or something. There are also no iconic singles, MVs, performances, interviews etc, her views on youtube are lower than ever and the tour is super short. The only argument someone can make is that it sold well for not having any hits but once again, this was mainly in the US and the world is much bigger than just America

DeleteMyAccount

It sold fairly well in contrast to the mainstream eye. It's kind of like when country albums sell well and are consider a success even though you'd never see a country album on the top charts on Spotify or any mainstream outlet. If that makes sense. 

Luckily Gaga has a lot of loyal fans. And I say that in contrast to what happened with Witness. No shade. Any albums that sells over 600k is successful imo. Gaga usually has higher standards though which makes some think that Joanne was a flop.

Laceface

If you mean by charts, I think it did moderately well but sales have changed so much. Personally, for me, it was - I really don't enjoy the album minus 2 or 3 songs, first ever time for a LG album. 

Archived