Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Song Are You Listening To? 4.0

Shadow

Featured Posts

nenhures

This amazing song from the even more amazing album Joy as an Act of Resistance by the English post-punk group IDLES reflects on toxic masculinity and living up to societal expectations.

"I am my father's son, his shadow weighs a tonne," laments Joe Talbot in the first part of the song.

"I'm like Stone Cold Steve Austin, I put homophobes in coffins," he exclaims in the second.

Lovely tune. Lovely band.

Edited by nenhures

nenhures

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard is a rock band from Australia that managed to release 5 albums in the year of 2017, which is crazy to think about but this song belongs to neither of them. It's from their latest release called Infest the Rats' Nest, which is filled to the brim with hard hitting thrash metal sounds.

The album comments on themes such as global warming, capitalism, inequality and ignorance and does so by being set in a near future where Earth has been struck by ecological disaster and a group of humans is forced to try and find home in Venus.

Self-Immolate is the penultimate song on the album and illustrates said group of humans crashing into the Venusian atmosphere and instantly being set aflame, thus drawing a parallel with how we, Earth residents, are also slowly self-immolating by destroying our planet.

nenhures

Epitaph is a song by the English progressive rock band King Crimson. It can't be explained, only felt. Give it a listen before Robert Fripp calls the cops on you for copyright infringement.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
leedeegaga

So this is Ateed, some of you might remember her from the Pringles adverts? But she was the best thing to come from 2003. I’ve recently found out her album was never released even though I found it though limewire back in the day. I’ve sat on this album for 17 years if anyone is interested? Her vocals are killer! PM me for more... she’s a sort of emo pop gurl! 

Edited by leedeegaga
Scare them first, so they can’t scare you...

• 2 weeks later...