question

What Song Are You Listening To? 4.0

Shadow

Featured Posts

• 2 weeks later...
Luxe Ford

Malcolm Mclaren - Waltz Darling

This song is the manifesto to my life!

Malcolm Maclaren, the "creator" of punk and the culture appropriating svengali of pop culture, taught me everyrhing I needed to know about life in this song and "Deep In Vogue".

Thanks to him I don't so much sashay as ondulate down the street! I walk like the world is my audience and like any onloooker could learn a thing or two from me about leading an elegant life.

He taught me how to truly vogue a whole year before Madonna released her aerobics class abomation of a music video 

Every single line of the song is like my personal motto! Every sound is like the most elite charm school education you'd ever dare to encounter.

If you don't listen or watch it's the textbook example of "pearls for swine".

Much abliged. You're welcome.

Waltz with me! 💃

Edited by Luxe Ford
What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

Luxe Ford

Robyn - Missing U

This song is so ultimately relatable to me. The initial response from Robyn fans is that the song is adressed to them, but it's really about personal loss.

Time and time again I have heard people experiening the deparure of a loved one with how they constantly see that person in a crowd and how they have to force themself from shouting out a hello.

I lost one of my closest friends to heroin nearly three years ago, and me and my BFF saw him on the street all the time!

That feeling and that sense of loss is crushing. To this day I feel the berievement and curse the waste of it all. But I know I couldn't have helped him. He had all the help he could have asked for, and still it wasn't enough.

And this song pinpoints all those emotions.

Thank you, Robyn.

And rest in piece.Starre!

I miss you!

Edited by Luxe Ford

Luxe Ford

Robyn - Send to Robyn Immediately!

I'm just loving the electronic Omniverse right now!

This song has less than 1 000 views on MeTube, but still i got a like on my "Swedish Kiss" comment (becase the bassline is a pure loving ripoff of French Kiss).

I bet it was Detox! I don't follow @dragrace, but somehowe I haven't failed to notice she's a massive Robyn stan.

I blame the Omniverse.

And how!

Edited by Luxe Ford
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Luxe Ford

Lionrock - Packet of Peace

EDM from way back in 1997 with lyrics far too good for a track created for the clubs. The vocals, in a Brit accent, would classify more as spoken word than alt rap:

I feel the riches of our days are like smoke to hold

I'd make a paper heart to love you if I knew where to fold

But I must sit and just keep trying until I see the shape I seek

As I must sculp the strength for every day that I'm weak

Luxe Ford

DUO RAW - Pony

For copyright reasons DUO RAW renamed themselves The Villbergs and before they settled down in assumed marital bliss they created quite a stir with their darker take on drag and time consuming hand made costumes.They worked with two of my longtime heroes: original Club Kid James St James on his Tranformations makeover channel on YouTube and makeup artist Pat MacGrath (my dream collaborator for HAUS beauty. Apart from her aponymous line she curated Giorgio Armani Beauty as well as drugstore brands like Cover Girl and Max Factor) on the commercial for her Metalmorphpsis kit.

Edited by Luxe Ford

• 2 weeks later...
Luxe Ford

Billie Myers - Tell Me

Back in 1998 MTV thought this was so risqué they only played it at night. :toofunny:

It's quite obvious Ms. Myers, whoever she is, wanted to pull off a Madonna Erotica vibe here, but she gets extra points for invigorating LGBTQ sexual connotations, drag queens and fetish wear (I do love me some latex...:flutter:). The oriental vibe - reeking of colonial era exotism - is a nice touch.

Edited by Luxe Ford

Luxe Ford

Years & Years ft. Tove Lo - Desire

I'm spending Friday night alone watching LGBTQIAO+ (the O is for Omni. I just made that up. :gaycat:). This time the plus points go to agism resistance. Olly is loose enough to include an older guy - apart from a black guy and a girl - in his petting session.

Attaboy!

Luxe Ford

Goldfrapp - Everything Is Never Enough

This qualifies for my theme of the night by two things: Alison Goldfrapp has realised in her middle age that she prefers women, and the delightful naked man jogging and frolicking in the sand is Valentin Braun, who has starred in adult entertainment films.