💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Song Are You Listening To? 4.0

Shadow

Featured Posts

Luxe Ford

Army of Lovers - Crucified

Army of Lovers were fake news and Postmodern Truth as early as 1991. 

They don't sing one note themselves here, but they *did* walk the runway for Mugler and Gaultier and Curt Cobain mentioned Crucified in his diaries. 

And *that's* entertainment!

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

Luxe Ford

The Crystal Method - Trip Like I Do

Oh my god this is the best...I want you to trip like I do!

Edited by Luxe Ford

Luxe Ford

TC1992 - Funky Guitar

So simple and perfect. An electric guitar sample with stereo effects and they hit the grooviness jackpot! *ka-shinngg!*

Luxe Ford

Dead Can Dance - Yulunga (spirit dance)

Lisa Gerrard is a dramatic contralto. I have no idea what that means, but what comes out is otherworldly and awe inspiring and music as a whole doesn't come more beautiful or mesmerising than this.

And then there's the footage from the film the song is taken.

Just...

Luxe Ford

Lionrock - Packet of Peace

I rarely find poetry in electronic dance tracks, but this one actually makes me think for a few seconds:

"I feel the riches of our days
Are like smoke to hold.
I'd make a paper heart to love you
If I knew where to fold.

But I must sit and just keep trying
Until I see the shape I seek,
As I must learn to sculpt the strength
For every day that I'm weak.

Oh teach me!
The storms won't turn the way we aim them.
Oh reach me!
The dreams grow wild before we tame them."

Luxe Ford

Mavrick - Funeral

Cute guy in an approachable way. Like in antromorphosism, I feel like assigning lots of traits on him like a little puppy. So I have decided he's a really sensitive soul. A little insecure and with zero machismo.

What I do know is that he's a seriously underrated artist. 

And cute.

Edited by Luxe Ford

Luxe Ford

Basement Jaxx - Red Alert

Not sure how the singer's voice survived that 2:07 note, but at least I'm awake now. :excited2:

I miss the days when songs like this charted and got air play, but there 'ain't nothing going on but history' I guess.

Luxe Ford

Sub Sub feat. Pocahontas* - Ain't No Love (ain't no use)

Yes, its 9 a.m. here. Yes, I'm dancing.

*Melanie Williams

Luxe Ford

One Dove - Fallen

Shimmering and glittering like a stoned diamond, this is my favourite song from one of my favourite albums of all time, Morning Dove White.

R-115905-1188967473.jpeg.jpg

Scottish trio One Dove only made this one album. In 1993 It was an innovative mix of electronics and a reggae dub backbeat and was named one of the coolest albums of its time.

It didn't hurt that singer Dot Allison, looking like Marianne Faithful lost in clubland, was stunningly gorgeous enough to make even my gay little heart flutter. 

Even though it is seems genetically engineered for drug use - a fact not diminished by Dot exclaiming things like 'is it just me or is everything in this room mauve?' during interviews - when the song kicks in fully at 2:00 I swear no illicit substances are required to give you chills up your spine.

"They say we're hard to please. They say we have too much. As if all this will do when all we want to have is fun."

Edited by Luxe Ford

kaelergrey

He reminds me of Lady Gaga. He makes awesome bops. He also writes and produces most of his songs

Listen to him. 

Always Remember That You Are Special, You Are Beautiful and You Are Loved 
  • Love 1

culturalbaptism

I'm just enjoying this timeless classic.

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.
  • Like 1

Luxe Ford

"Holy Bubbles" investigate a concept within a concept where Zhala plays Zhala* and Kim Kardashian is on acid in a doom state. She portrays an Anastacia-type personality in a post-apocalyptic environment where mankind's actions continue to tremble the power of the earth.

The video takes you on a breathtaking adventure in which a woman explores her wildest fantasies after the end of the human race. On her journey the woman comes across two bodybuilders and a tattoo who all help her explore the boundaries of acceptance. With only a Porsche full of beige clothes we follow the character Zhala's shattering investigation through dreams, sex and hahaha".

*Zhala is the only artist on Robyn's Konichiwa Records apart from Robyn herself so at least she has two fans. She's the most rad, queer, unapologetic cosmic pop performer we have here in Sweden currently in my discorteous opinion.

Up yours truly 💜,

Neon Luxe C. Ford

Luxe Ford
On 2018-05-06 at 1:35 PM, Carlo Rodriguez said:

He reminds me of Lady Gaga. He makes awesome bops. He also writes and produces most of his songs

Listen to him. 

I love the sound, but the vocals doesn't sound very well mixed. If he produce his own stuff it might just be a question of cost.