Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Song Are You Listening To? 4.0

Shadow

Featured Posts

Luxe Ford
1 hour ago, GoldenPonyboy said:

I freaking love that song. Puts me right in a good mood. 

I do interpret it a bit different. When she sings ''when I go out I wanna go out dancing'' I think of it as her saying ''I will die doing the things I love, singing, dancing and happy''. I dunno I kinda see this song as her leaving a legacy of great songs that make people dance and be happy 

You're probably right. It was the first time I heard it and my attention tend to bounce all over the place. Better than having opinions á priori anyway.

I like it a lot. Somehow Kylie overrides all discussions about relevance and the level of fame etc. That's why I over simpified and called her a "simple soul". She (or her persona) just comes across as s great person without any grand agendas and being-on-trend neuroses. She's simply Pop royalty effortlessly releasing great stuff.

Now where's my rambling emergency brake 🙊 with attached bullshit 🙉 filter? 

Here's some artsy 🙈, awareness-inducing thingamajig:

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford
  • Like 1

Luxe Ford

Jamie Principal - Baby Wants To Ride

I called this track from 1887 'epic' earlier today and I'm not completly delusional seeing that Rolling Stones said this in a "20 best Chicago House Records in 2014:

"A masterpiece of S&M transcendence. Not even Prince (a clear vocal influence) ever plunged into such a delirious confusion of the erotic, the spiritual, and the political."

With a lines like "America, clap your hands for this bullshit land" and "money wants to ride me because he thinks he's king, but its hard to ride baby, when your living in a fascists dream" I'd add antipatriotic to the list.

But this isn't the x-rated version. But he can't quite help himself:

"I'm not a...shhh!!! (I'm not gonna say it)

...BITCH!"

P.S. Jamie Principal is credited with making the very first House track "Waiting On My Angel" in 1985. He just thought he did gospel/disco with added elements from the new British synth pop around.

/Dr. Luxe Ford, Ph.D in electronic dance, High Priest of the Sacred Temple of Holy Decadence, Archmandrite of the Adytum of Deviant Persuits and humble servant at the Altar of Exalted Sin.

Edited by Luxe Ford

Luxe Ford

Mr. Tophat feat. Robyn - Trust Me

The Trust Me EP is one of my favorite things from 2017 and is enough to tide me over until Robyn gets her **** together and release something under her own name.

To niched to get much attention, its still very deftly made nu-disco/house with stellar live drums & percussion.

Mmm...the pretty lights!

Luxe Ford

Billie Ray Martin & Spooky - Persuasion

"After all, you've seen yourself before. What difference if I take a photograph? What difference does it make if someone else sees it too? All your friends do it. No one will know its you. Anybody, it could be anybody. And those magazines, you know, they only go to middle aged men. So why don't you do what I suggest?"

Luxe Ford

Black Box - Ride On Time [sic]

Funny this. The girl on the cover and in the video is a model from France and not the voice on the song. The vocals are cut and pasted from Loleatta Holloways 'Love Sensation', a semi-obscure disco song from...way back. Ride On Time was a big hit in the esrly 90s and people were *outraged*, almost at a Milli Vanilli level, when they found out about the "scam." There was a lot of lawsuits also because they hadn't asked permission to use the vocals.

BUT. Butbutbut I think its really cleverly made. The actual song doesn't sound like Love Sensation at all, but is a catchy thing with a type of piano hook that was later dubbed house piano.

Black Box were from Italy which has a tradition of churning out well made disco songs (Giorgio Moroder, for instance) and a homegrown happier sounding version of house music. Its often uplifting, with strong female vocals and often has that hammered down piano in them.

This came to mind:

The spoken intro makes me cringe every time. Maybe Italians aren't very good at English? I l mean...

'Hey you! Don't be silly. Put a condom on your willy...Rich In Paradise"

I struggle to see the connection between condoms and finding riches in the afterlife.

Luxe Ford

Saint Etienne - Burnt out car

A change of hair colour, Clairol baby blond.

I'm not quite used to it, it never takes too long.

No makeup, no earrings, nothing to identify me...🚘...🔥...👣...💥...💀

Luxe Ford

Florence + The Machine + Calvin Harris - Spectrum

CLUB BANGER! Period. Enough said. Hands in the air, baby!

Luxe Ford

NERVO feat. Jake Shears, Kylie Minogue & Nile Rogers - The Other Boys

How cool can a collab be? And how can something so life-giving fail to become a monster hit? And when did Jake Shears get so fit? And why don't you love me like the other boys do?