Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

RESULTS | Marina And The Diamonds Megarate

TeenIdle

Featured Posts

AJK273
24 minutes ago, TeenIdle said:

Reveal hidden contents

@Red Came in a version of Electra Heart I downloaded but I knew it was unreleased, I listened to it once, disliked and deleted  :flop:

@Trepadation who is she though?

@SinnersVenus Seems quite unpolished, but I guess you can expect that from an unreleased song. I don’t like the lyrics to this song that much, but the beat, even if it’s a demo, is really good. Not surprised it didn’t make Electra Heart though.

mpYcjG7.png 

SCORE: 7.926 | LOWEST: 4 | HIGHEST: 11 | THE FAMILY JEWELS: #8

COMMENTS:

Reveal hidden contents

@Antonio A very good track, underrated but at the same time one of the weakest on the album. The Family Jewels is just such a strong album with so many incredible tracks that even this one, that got a very high score, can be considered weak within the album!

@ChavaWM she overly repeats the "drinking Shampain line, which got annoying for me

@SinnersVenus Everything is perfect on it. The production, her voice, the lyrics… Everything is beautiful and clever. It never had a replayability factor to me, which ultimately makes the song less impressive to me.  

@MrBlue Didn’t like it before tbh… I don’t know why now I really like it ;) The chorus sounds more fun now haha

8fe6myU.png 

SCORE: 7.931 | LOWEST: 2 | HIGHEST: 11 | THE FAMILY JEWELS: #7

COMMENTS

Reveal hidden contents

@Antonio Mowgli's Road is THAT song. It's my favorite song in Marina's discography. Everything about it is flaw-free. I especially enjoy the pre-chorus and the way it transitions into the chorus.

@Earthling "this song is always in my head and is so fun to sing, I love the creepy spoons voice"

@SinnersVenus Can we please get more Marina on drugs

@MrBlue I don’t know what happened haha I didn’t like it but now (listening to the song again) I really like it

Rt7vCJp.png 

SCORE: 7.96 | LOWEST: 1 | HIGHEST: 11 | ELECTRA HEART: #12

COMMENTS

Reveal hidden contents

@Antonio Extremely underrated track and quite soothing actually. Love the vocals on this one a lot, love the lyrics, love the inspiration behind it, and I would've loved to see a video of some sort for this track

@ChavaWM it's light sounding but dark, and I couldn't stop listening to it on repeat for months]
@SinnersVenus This song is nothing special. It sounds pleasant, but doesn’t stand out enough to be important. I like the instrumental choices, however.

@MrBlue I could say this for almost every song but the lyrics… It’s so good !

J4Dn7XJ.png 

SCORE: 7.98 | LOWEST: 5 | HIGHEST: 11 | ELECTRA HEART: #11

COMMENTS

Reveal hidden contents

@MrBlue Simple but beautiful

@Antonio I don't get the extra minute at the end at all, but the song itself is flawless. It's almost like Electra Heart comes full circle and realizes the stuff she did was bad, but again, I have to blame the tracklist ordering, putting How To Be A Heartbreaker after this one which is not like that on all editions but here it does bother me.

@SinnersVenus This song sound ethereal, as if I’m being taken away to another dimension. It’s a completely unique pop song, and I think this is a great way to end off the Electra Heart standard edition tracklist. The granny noises at the end are annoying tho. 

LITERALLY, MY HOPE FOR HUMANITY IS GONE WHY HAVE THESE GONE SO SOON AGHHGHGHGHGHGHGHG

2IaFCzR.gif

Messy, Petty, Beautiful, Covergirl

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AJK273
6 minutes ago, Earthling said:

Couldn't agree more :golfclap:

Y'all need to get your hearing checked out :nails:

MY recommendation to any of the following flopsters who did these masterpieces disrespect....

TeenIdle

dlMBxQY.png 

SCORE: 8.00 | LOWEST: 3 | HIGHEST: 11 | UNRELEASED: #3

COMMENTS:

Spoiler

@Earthling "this song is just full of emotion for me, it's hard to explain... it's glorious and painful at the same time and I love it"

@SinnersVenus I feel like I’m giving out too many 10s in this megarate. Anyway, this is such a good song lyrically, very surprised this didn’t make Electra Heart. The beat is super addicting, and the intro and the chorus are both perfect. 

NvWDwZP.png 

SCORE: 8.00 | LOWEST: 3 | HIGHEST: 10 | FROOT: #10

COMMENTS:

Spoiler

@Antonio OKAY here's the real underrated track on FROOT, so perfect, that intro snatches wigs, all of them are reported missing, Marina is hitting that dude, like, punching him.

@SinnersVenus While writing this I can’t focus myself to write about this song because I just start dancing around. I like the tea Marina’s spilling here, and I love the very interesting pace of the instrumentation. And also, this song DOES NOT GET OLD. It’s probably the song that has the most longevity off the whole album.

@MrBlue Wasn’t it supposed to be about Ellie Goulding ;) The bridge is fire !

9YbOTGg.png 

SCORE: 8.02 | LOWEST: 1 | HIGHEST: 11 | ELECTA HEART: #10

COMMENTS:

Spoiler

@Antonio I watched the video for this one instead of just listening to it on spotify for all the hot guys omg. ANYWAY the song is really catchy and fun but it's at a very awkward spot on the tracklist which is a shame, but the song is great 

@ChavaWM bop for life

@SinnersVenus Ehh, I don’t really wanna listen to a handbook on how to be Electra Heart, she is someone I’m supposed to not want to be. Anyway, it’s catchy enough, so I’ll forgive it. 

@MrBlue Everything about it is awesome ! Such a classical bop !

Ou6kGEl.png 

SCORE: 8.04 | LOWEST: 1 | HIGHEST: 11 | ELECTA HEART: #9

COMMENTS:

Spoiler

@Antonio Okay so I know this song is widely loved but I just don't see what's so incredible about it! The chorus is very confusing and the verses just don't really serve up anything to gag for. I would listen to it as a part of the album but other than that it can choke.

@CHAVAWM if I Could give two 11's, this would be it

@Earthling "hard for me to choose my fave from this album of bops but I never tire of this infectious track"

@SinnersVenus This is a fun song, perfect to dance to, and in my opinion, outshines the majority of the standard edition. The bridge slightly disappoints, however.

muJKeti.png 

SCORE: 8.06 | LOWEST: 1 | HIGHEST: 11 | THE FAMILY JEWELS: #6

COMMENTS:

Spoiler

@Antonio I don't wanna be cruel so I'll just not say anything about this. Only that it's a terrible song, alright I got it off my chest.

@ChavaWM I absolutely love this song

@SinnersVenus The chorus is my favourite from Marina’s discography. The way she changes up the word “sacrifice” near the end of the song might be my favourite moment in a song ever. Enough said.

@MrBlue This song is pure gold. It’s a diamond !

AJK273
1 minute ago, TeenIdle said:

dlMBxQY.png 

SCORE: 8.00 | LOWEST: 3 | HIGHEST: 11 | UNRELEASED: #3

COMMENTS:

Reveal hidden contents

@Antonio I don't wanna be cruel so I'll just not say anything about this. Only that it's a terrible song, alright I got it off my chest.

@ChavaWM I absolutely love this song

@SinnersVenus The chorus is my favourite from Marina’s discography. The way she changes up the word “sacrifice” near the end of the song might be my favourite moment in a song ever. Enough said.

@MrBlue This song is pure gold. It’s a diamond !

FLOOOOOOOPPPPPPPSSSSSS ALLLLLLL OOFFFFFF YOOUUUUUUU JUST PAID DUST TO HER BEST UNRELEASED SONG I CAN'T

uE1Hp0K.gif

TeenIdle

t3Z8M2f.png 

SCORE: 8.09 | LOWEST: 4 | HIGHEST: 10 | FROOT: #9

COMMENTS:

Spoiler

@Antonio I LOVE this song, it's probably the only "fast-paced" track on FROOT aka not really but sort of, and I love the "back off, motherfucker" part, badass.

@Red Can't Pin Me Down - 10/10 Me in song form tbh

@SinnersVenus Marina’s showing a bit of attitude here. It’s a fun, short song, and I like how in-your-face the lyrics are. The instrumental is too tame for my taste, could’ve been better.

Szk98vm.png 

SCORE: 8.13 | LOWEST: 1 | HIGHEST: 11 | FROOT: #8

COMMENTS:

Spoiler

@Antonio eh.

@Earthling "such an atmospheric song and it really speaks to me"

@SinnersVenus This is so beautiful. It’s really unique, depressing, and fantastic lyrically. Very few songs can touch me emotionally, and this is one of them. VERY well done Marina.

3uVgak2.png 

SCORE: 8.19 | LOWEST: 3 | HIGHEST: 11 | ELECTRA HEART: #8

COMMENTS:

Spoiler

@Antonio The fifth perfect score in a row, let's pray it keeps up! Starring Role serves up Homewrecker sequel realness with a little more soul, and sonically it's FLAW-FREE. The transition from the pre-chorus and the chorus which are both flawless as well is just incredible, and the acoustic rendition of this track is an earworm.

@ChavaWM instantly became one of my faves

@SinnersVenus I like how detailed this song’s production is, however the verses are so much better than the chorus it’s pretty laughable. 

@MrBlue It reminds me so much memories hahahahaha I love that song

o2B1xGd.png 

SCORE: 8.22 | LOWEST: 5 | HIGHEST: 11 | ELECTRA HEART: #7

COMMENTS:

Spoiler

@Antonio So after the weak mess that was "The State Of Dreaming" comes the next perfect track, not just perfect, but flawless, the best song on Electra Heart to be clear, with the best video from the same era. Lyrically, Power & Control talks about Electra Heart getting in control of her lover, making him obey to her or else she'll leave him. She wants to get revenge for her past "cause all my life I've been controlled, you can't have peace without a war." Sonically this track is also the strongest on the album, and it may not have such highs like Homewrecker reached with it's verses, but Power & Control maintains it's magic throughout the entire song unlike Homewrecker, and after a lengthy debate I decided to give my 11 to Power & Control.

@ChavaWM for some reason I hated it when it came out bur after about a year, I loved it]
@SinnersVenus I really wish this would have been the hit off of the album, it’s super catchy, it’s unique, and super dance-able. It’s flawless, and an amazing pop song.

eZtZQsG.png 

SCORE: 8.315 | LOWEST: 4 | HIGHEST: 11 | FROOT: #7

COMMENTS:

Spoiler

@Antonio It's not a bad track, but it's forgettable, ha, forget - forgettable, okay I'll stop.

@Red Story of my life

@SinnersVenus I used to skip this song every time I listened to the album, but it grew on me. I like how bombastic the instruments are, and Marina’s vocals are beautiful, as always. I don’t like how percussive it is, tho. If it was brought behind the other instrumentation in the song, I think I’d like it infinitely better.

@MrBlue The breakdown & the outro are fabulous. I really feel that song

Red

nnnnnnn not my children Can't Pin Me Down and Forget dying together

tenor.gif

AJK273
Just now, TeenIdle said:

t3Z8M2f.png 

SCORE: 8.09 | LOWEST: 4 | HIGHEST: 10 | FROOT: #9

COMMENTS:

Reveal hidden contents

@Antonio I LOVE this song, it's probably the only "fast-paced" track on FROOT aka not really but sort of, and I love the "back off, mother****er" part, badass.

@Red Can't Pin Me Down - 10/10 Me in song form tbh

@SinnersVenus Marina’s showing a bit of attitude here. It’s a fun, short song, and I like how in-your-face the lyrics are. The instrumental is too tame for my taste, could’ve been better.

Szk98vm.png 

SCORE: 8.13 | LOWEST: 1 | HIGHEST: 11 | FROOT: #8

COMMENTS:

Reveal hidden contents

@Antonio eh.

@Earthling "such an atmospheric song and it really speaks to me"

@SinnersVenus This is so beautiful. It’s really unique, depressing, and fantastic lyrically. Very few songs can touch me emotionally, and this is one of them. VERY well done Marina.

Reveal hidden contents

@Antonio It's not a bad track, but it's forgettable, ha, forget - forgettable, okay I'll stop.

@Red Story of my life

@SinnersVenus I used to skip this song every time I listened to the album, but it grew on me. I like how bombastic the instruments are, and Marina’s vocals are beautiful, as always. I don’t like how percussive it is, tho. If it was brought behind the other instrumentation in the song, I think I’d like it infinitely better.

@MrBlue The breakdown & the outro are fabulous. I really feel that song

I think all of my favorite songs have now been knocked off so I am no longer emotionally invested in this anymore. You ****ers are damaged. Peace out.

giphy.gif

TeenIdle

DelusionalGaga

Ew. How can 'Solitaire' be above shady Marina's best song 'Better Than That'??? :grr:

AJK273
1 minute ago, TeenIdle said:

Rest in heck. These flop stans have ruined this rate already. So many good songs laid to rest too soon :giveup:

TeenIdle
1 minute ago, AJK273 said:

Rest in heck. These flop stans have ruined this rate already. So many good songs laid to rest too soon :giveup:

I know! Weeds got dragged and it's one of my biggest faves.

AJK273
Just now, Red said:

If Electra Heart had lost this one I'd call the police

I wouldn't have been surprised with the way these flops have voted so far :madge:

Archived