5bf9jii.png 

SCORE: 7.47 | LOWEST: 4 | HIGHEST: 10 | ELECTRA HEART: #17

I wanna cri

chaeri pls

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Antonio

I missed the first part of this and I'm crying oh my gosh why did girls, the outsider and JUST DESSERTS LEAVE ALREADY OH MY

and @TeenIdle lmao would be pretty cool if you said who were the highest and lowers rates for each song lmao

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

Earthling
25 minutes ago, TeenIdle said:

ek2sz8v.png 

SCORE: 6.26 | LOWEST: 1 | HIGHEST: 10 | UNRELEASED: #10

COMMENTS

Reveal hidden contents

@SinnersVenus To me it sounds like a lot of material off of TFJ, and a worse version of it. Not surprised this didn’t even make the album.

l3zFekr.png 

SCORE: 6.46 | LOWEST: 3 | HIGHEST: 11 | UNRELEASED: #9

COMMENTS

Hide contents

@SinnersVenus Very quirky, however not really catchy. Marina’s vocals also aren’t at their best. I like the instrumental tho. 

gV1gduY.png 

SCORE: 6.59 | LOWEST: 4 | HIGHEST: 10 | THE FAMILY JEWELS: #15

COMMENTS

Reveal hidden contents

@SinnersVenus This song is perfect from almost every standpoint, but you can’t really tell what she’s saying, which kills the point of a song where you pay attention to the lyrics (Yes, I did look them up, but still)

@Antonio A good song, I enjoy listening to it as a part of the album but wouldn't listen to it from my own will.

@MrBlue Not a bad song

lGK7jtD.png 

SCORE: 6.63 | LOWEST: 1 | HIGHEST: 10 | THE FAMILY JEWELS: #14

COMMENTS

Reveal hidden contents

@SinnersVenus Loving the cryptic sound, and the lyrics are quite clever. Never gave it a chance to grow on me because I didn’t have an edition of the album that has this song on it tho. 

@Antonio A super deluxe edition track? Because it's nowhere to be found on the deluxe. The Family Jewels is even better than some standard edition tracks, but pretty weak if we're considering this tracklist. The chorus is flaw-free though.

24 minutes ago, TeenIdle said:

QkMa2je.png 

SCORE: 7.00 | LOWEST: 2 | HIGHEST: 11 | UNRELEASED: #8

COMMENTS

Reveal hidden contents

@SinnersVenus I’d just sit and cry to this song. The lyrics are so sad, and I see them as a highlight in Marina’s catalogue. The chorus is also amazing, exactly the part where I bawl my eyes. 

@MrBlue Simple & beautiful

c0VM3cm.png 

SCORE: 7.06 | LOWEST: 2 | HIGHEST: 11 | THE FAMILY JEWELS: #13

COMMENTS

Reveal hidden contents

@ChavaWM for some reason it reminds me of a song from The Night before x-mas

@SinnersVenus I like the lyrics to this song, and the beat is ok. It doesn’t outshine too well, to be honest.

@Antonio An underrated masterpiece. Sounds like a prequel to Oh No! in a good way. I wish she'd perform this more.

9CwcZGa.png 

SCORE: 7.22 | LOWEST: 3 | HIGHEST: 10 | THE FAMILY JEWELS: #12

COMMENTS

Reveal hidden contents

@Red I really can't stand this song for some reason 

@SinnersVenus Sounds very nice, but for whatever reason never really listened to the song too much.

@Antonio GIRL have we talked about the most underrated song in Marina's discography? Sonically, one of the best tracks on the album, and lyrically it's incredible as well...  "These people are really weird, and they're giving me the fear. Just because you know my name, doesn't know you know my game..." And CAN WE TALK about that damn scream "Cause I'm a ****ing WIIIILD card!" Flawless.

7bGl0kx.png 

SCORE: 7.24 | LOWEST: 1 | HIGHEST: 10 | THE FAMILY JEWELS: #11

COMMENTS

Reveal hidden contents

@SinnersVenus I like the middle eastern influences this song has, and obviously Marina sounds like an angel. Beautiful.

@MrBlue Not the best at first, but as the song goes on it’s getting better & better

@Antonio EEEEH, a bad track. Not a horrible one though, and god knows how the hell it made it's way to the standard edition.

VuA2IiK.png 

SCORE: 7.27 | LOWEST: 1 | HIGHEST: 10 | THE FAMILY JEWELS: #10

COMMENTS

Reveal hidden contents

@SinnersVenus Explosive chorus, interesting lyrics, in general, good song. Never had an opportunity to grow on me, because I didn’t have an album with this song on it, sadly.

@Antonio It's a great track, I don't especially love the lyrics for the first time on this album, but the melody is really great, love some of the lyrics.

16 minutes ago, TeenIdle said:

Hide contents

IHl12vv.png 

SCORE: 7.36 | LOWEST: 3 | HIGHEST: 10 | THE FAMILY JEWELS: #9

COMMENTS

Hide contents

@SinnersVenus The instrumental on this song is heavenly. Very different from the rest of the album, yet matches in perfectly. This is the perfect deep cut. 

@Antonio "For a root, for a leaf, for a branch, for a tree..." I love the lyrics so much omg and I have no idea why this was only a bonus track when it's CLEARLY an amazing song while there are a lot worse tracks on the standard edition. I'll never understand this.

I can't believe The Family Jewels is being paid dust like this

Justice for her flawless debut album :grr:

*she switched baristas. ☕️

TeenIdle
17 minutes ago, Antonio said:

I missed the first part of this and I'm crying oh my gosh why did girls, the outsider and JUST DESSERTS LEAVE ALREADY OH MY

and @TeenIdle lmao would be pretty cool if you said who were the highest and lowers rates for each song lmao

They know who they are :stalkga: Jk it will take me extra time I'm not sure I have

Antonio
1 hour ago, TeenIdle said:

They know who they are :stalkga: Jk it will take me extra time I'm not sure I have

well i mean it kind of adds fun to the ceremony

TeenIdle
1 minute ago, Antonio said:

well i mean it kind of adds fun to the ceremony

I'll do it during the finale

Antonio

I'll do it during the finale

.....all my 11s will be out by that time :madge: 

Antonio

I'm gonna watch the new episode of Drag Race now, might check this thread every once in a while but afterwards I'll be here

TeenIdle

I'm gonna watch the new episode of Drag Race now, might check this thread every once in a while but afterwards I'll be here

Have fun! I'll be here typing for the next 2 hours :cryga:

monsterdino

get ready to get GAGGED! This was the best ep this season by faar

TeenIdle

sgNWhMZ.png 

SCORE: 7.51 | LOWEST: 5 | HIGHEST: 9 | UNRELEASED: #5

COMMENTS:

Spoiler

@SinnersVenus Very fun song, and I like the lyrics. The instrumental could be a bit better, and Marina sounds kinda monotone in her delivery. Still a bop tho. 

iec4UAM.png 

SCORE: 7.61 | LOWEST: 3 | HIGHEST: 11 | FROOT: #11

COMMENTS:

Spoiler

@Antonio also underrated, love it.

@SinnersVenus Not a bad song, but my least fav on the album. The chorus is kinda grating, with the “WEEEEEEDS” and the “yea-a-ah”. It gets really boring and annoying. The rest of the song is fine tho.

vmBg2Nm.png 

SCORE: 7.69 | LOWEST: 2 | HIGHEST: 10 | ELECTRA HEART: #15

COMMENTS

Spoiler

@Creyk This song makes me very sad  I wish it didnt exist. :(

@Antonio Those verses are the best thing that happened in Marina's entire discography, it's literally the best thing she ever did. Unfortunately the chorus doesn't keep that magic alive, BUT it's still VERY strong and catchy, the verses are just out of this world and I can't think of anything on the album that can even match up to this. Story-wise, Electra Heart goes around breaking hearts and ruining people's lives "just for fun". Sleigh hoe.

@SinnersVenus I like everything about the way the song sounds, however the lyrics are times are “eh”. Could’ve easily been a 10 if she wouldn’t be screaming the same word 400 times over and over again.

@MrBlue Slay that 6 inch rocket !

KllnJAU.png 

SCORE: 7.70 | LOWEST: 1 | HIGHEST: 11 | ELECTRA HEART: #14

COMMENTS

Spoiler

@Antonio rot.

@SinnersVenus This song holds a special place in my heart, and it sounds soooooo beautiful. This is honestly probably my favourite piano ballad of all time, and I think this is the most underrated song of Marina’s entire discography. Her voice is gentle and angelic, not much else to be said.

@MrBlue I love it so much ! It’s so special to me. It lays in my soul foreve

MlHFK52.png 

SCORE: 7.71 | LOWEST: 1 | HIGHEST: 11 | ELECTRA HEART: #13

COMMENTS

Spoiler

@ChavaWM Too repetitive for me

@RED It's the Marina song I like the least #rotinpiss

@SinnersVenus This isn’t bad. Eclipsed by most of Marina’s discography but I don’t skip it when it comes on.

@AntonioThis is a track I'm less familiar with since I usually listen to the album on Spotify which's edition doesn't include the song, but sometimes I listen to Electra Heart through Deezer which does have it and you bet I get my LIFE to that chorus every time. The verses on the other hand are a little meh, keeping me from giving it a perfect 10.

Antonio

vmBg2Nm.png

crei

TeenIdle

RZD87w8.png 

SCORE: 7.92 | LOWEST: 1 | HIGHEST: 11 | UNRELEASED: #4

COMMENTS

Spoiler

@Red Came in a version of Electra Heart I downloaded but I knew it was unreleased, I listened to it once, disliked and deleted  :flop:

@Trepadation who is she though?

@SinnersVenus Seems quite unpolished, but I guess you can expect that from an unreleased song. I don’t like the lyrics to this song that much, but the beat, even if it’s a demo, is really good. Not surprised it didn’t make Electra Heart though.

mpYcjG7.png 

SCORE: 7.926 | LOWEST: 4 | HIGHEST: 11 | THE FAMILY JEWELS: #8

COMMENTS:

Spoiler

@Antonio A very good track, underrated but at the same time one of the weakest on the album. The Family Jewels is just such a strong album with so many incredible tracks that even this one, that got a very high score, can be considered weak within the album!

@ChavaWM she overly repeats the "drinking Shampain line, which got annoying for me

@SinnersVenus Everything is perfect on it. The production, her voice, the lyrics… Everything is beautiful and clever. It never had a replayability factor to me, which ultimately makes the song less impressive to me.  

@MrBlue Didn’t like it before tbh… I don’t know why now I really like it ;) The chorus sounds more fun now haha

8fe6myU.png 

SCORE: 7.931 | LOWEST: 2 | HIGHEST: 11 | THE FAMILY JEWELS: #7

COMMENTS

Spoiler

@Antonio Mowgli's Road is THAT song. It's my favorite song in Marina's discography. Everything about it is flaw-free. I especially enjoy the pre-chorus and the way it transitions into the chorus.

@Earthling "this song is always in my head and is so fun to sing, I love the creepy spoons voice"

@SinnersVenus Can we please get more Marina on drugs

@MrBlue I don’t know what happened haha I didn’t like it but now (listening to the song again) I really like it

Rt7vCJp.png 

SCORE: 7.96 | LOWEST: 1 | HIGHEST: 11 | ELECTRA HEART: #12

COMMENTS

Spoiler

@Antonio Extremely underrated track and quite soothing actually. Love the vocals on this one a lot, love the lyrics, love the inspiration behind it, and I would've loved to see a video of some sort for this track

@ChavaWM it's light sounding but dark, and I couldn't stop listening to it on repeat for months]
@SinnersVenus This song is nothing special. It sounds pleasant, but doesn’t stand out enough to be important. I like the instrumental choices, however.

@MrBlue I could say this for almost every song but the lyrics… It’s so good !

J4Dn7XJ.png 

SCORE: 7.98 | LOWEST: 5 | HIGHEST: 11 | ELECTRA HEART: #11

COMMENTS

Spoiler

@MrBlue Simple but beautiful

@Antonio I don't get the extra minute at the end at all, but the song itself is flawless. It's almost like Electra Heart comes full circle and realizes the stuff she did was bad, but again, I have to blame the tracklist ordering, putting How To Be A Heartbreaker after this one which is not like that on all editions but here it does bother me.

@SinnersVenus This song sound ethereal, as if I’m being taken away to another dimension. It’s a completely unique pop song, and I think this is a great way to end off the Electra Heart standard edition tracklist. The granny noises at the end are annoying tho. 

Antonio

8fe6myU.png

bye. bye. bye. bye. bye.

I can't @ Marina's greatest song placing #32. deaf skanks oh my god

Archived