💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

New Miley coming May 11 + Billboard Cover

junolxf

Featured Posts

donutellha

Yess! She looks so happy and pure and I cant wait for ha new music!!!!

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

She looks stunning in these pictures. I'm so glad she's letting her natural beauty shine again. That awful short cut robbed her of her natural good looks. But she's been growing her hair out for over 2 years now and she looks all the better for it. I had no idea she was working on new music and I'm really interested to see her go back to her roots. It looks like she's finished with her wild phase, has grown up a lot and is ready to truly act like an adult now (as opposed to a teenager's idea of what being an adult is like).

On the other hand...it's very fitting that she's going back to country and soft, pretty looks after Gaga's Joanne reinvention. Of course Miley actually has genuine roots in country but the timing on this is off the scale. Of course she's allowed to do whatever she wants but it's not beyond the bounds of reason that she heard Joanne and got inspired and realised that a soft image could help re-invigorate her career. It's kinda like when Madonna went for vulnerable ballads after all the scandal with Erotica. She's always done that when her image takes a knock. Not saying that Miley's feelings and music won't be valid and genuine but it's just the perfect time for her to do this, Ithat's all I'm saying.

7 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

It's just funny that she's dropping.that whole Urban pot smoking twerking bullshit so suddenly outta nowhere. She appropriated hip hop culture for 4 years and then goes to country pop out of nowhere. Interesting. It's also interesting hat she left country pop to make that can't be tamed era where she clearly was affected by Gaga mania. The video alone shows it, and who owns my heart so alludes to fhe concept of lovegame. Miley herself refers to Gaga as enlightened in this article so I'm standing my ground and not agreeing that I'm reaching. Buh bye. Awkney! Lol. Get real. Pretention. 

I never really thought about how she was inspired by Gaga in the past but you're right! The Can't Be Tamed video was totally inspired by Gaga's crazy looks and behaviour. Being held in a cage in a crow costume while upper class society gawped at her like she's shocking and inferior? That is so Gaga. So, her deciding to go back to her country roots now that Gaga's winning praise for it seems a little too fitting. But as long as she respects and praises Gaga and maybe even cites her as inspiration, I'm fine with it.

3 hours ago, junolxf said:

They aren't letting her breathe. And they're right. I love Miley, but c'mon girl. 

I get the point but at the same time, why is it only bad when people do this to hip hop culture? Why should it be seen as something so sacred that you can't try it out for one album? Of course stereotypes will always pervade the culture but only those who are actually singing about the problematic stuff will suffer from it. There's much to be said about pointing out that hip hop culture is problematic in some ways. I enjoy it but that doesn't stop me from criticising it at times because its degradation of women and glamorisation of violence isn't acceptable at the end of the day, whether it's 'just a song' or not. Society is now in a place where degrading women in your songs really isn't acceptable anymore and if rappers got called out for doing this, they might stop doing it, which will really help society and its view of women. Same with their glamorisation of violence. Miley hasn't completely abandoned rap, she still likes some of it, just not the materialistic degrading stuff. Sounds like a pretty admirable stance to me.

2 hours ago, JohnnyVersace said:

Literally all of this. 

If anyone went country out of nowhere, it was Lady ****ing Gaga. 

But country hasn't been big for a couple of years and even Taylor went pop. So, the difference is that Gaga went country even though there was nobody popular doing it at the moment to inspire her to do the same. MR is the first country themed song to have any sort of international presence in ages. You can't tell me that Miley didn't see any of this happening and think maybe going back to country could be lucrative again?

chrismugler

I hope she delivers. I like her but her last album (Dead Petz) is just not good and I hope she tries new sounds and surprise us.

B.B.A. / Music Lover / Human.

GypsyBabe

To be honest, I've never really listened to her albums... 

BUT, I am excited to get some female blood on the radio that isn't just Adele (no offense, I like her but it's tired). 

Long story short, I am genuinely excited for this album and I don't even follow her music. :ladyhaha:

⚯͛

babethecure
46 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

She looks stunning in these pictures. I'm so glad she's letting her natural beauty shine again. That awful short cut robbed her of her natural good looks. But she's been growing her hair out for over 2 years now and she looks all the better for it. I had no idea she was working on new music and I'm really interested to see her go back to her roots. It looks like she's finished with her wild phase, has grown up a lot and is ready to truly act like an adult now (as opposed to a teenager's idea of what being an adult is like).

On the other hand...it's very fitting that she's going back to country and soft, pretty looks after Gaga's Joanne reinvention. Of course Miley actually has genuine roots in country but the timing on this is off the scale. Of course she's allowed to do whatever she wants but it's not beyond the bounds of reason that she heard Joanne and got inspired and realised that a soft image could help re-invigorate her career. It's kinda like when Madonna went for vulnerable ballads after all the scandal with Erotica. She's always done that when her image takes a knock. Not saying that Miley's feelings and music won't be valid and genuine but it's just the perfect time for her to do this, Ithat's all I'm saying.

I never really thought about how she was inspired by Gaga in the past but you're right! The Can't Be Tamed video was totally inspired by Gaga's crazy looks and behaviour. Being held in a cage in a crow costume while upper class society gawped at her like she's shocking and inferior? That is so Gaga. So, her deciding to go back to her country roots now that Gaga's winning praise for it seems a little too fitting. But as long as she respects and praises Gaga and maybe even cites her as inspiration, I'm fine with it.

I get the point but at the same time, why is it only bad when people do this to hip hop culture? Why should it be seen as something so sacred that you can't try it out for one album? Of course stereotypes will always pervade the culture but only those who are actually singing about the problematic stuff will suffer from it. There's much to be said about pointing out that hip hop culture is problematic in some ways. I enjoy it but that doesn't stop me from criticising it at times because its degradation of women and glamorisation of violence isn't acceptable at the end of the day, whether it's 'just a song' or not. Society is now in a place where degrading women in your songs really isn't acceptable anymore and if rappers got called out for doing this, they might stop doing it, which will really help society and its view of women. Same with their glamorisation of violence. Miley hasn't completely abandoned rap, she still likes some of it, just not the materialistic degrading stuff. Sounds like a pretty admirable stance to me.

But country hasn't been big for a couple of years and even Taylor went pop. So, the difference is that Gaga went country even though there was nobody popular doing it at the moment to inspire her to do the same. MR is the first country themed song to have any sort of international presence in ages. You can't tell me that Miley didn't see any of this happening and think maybe going back to country could be lucrative again?

You're brilliant.

Oscar

This is gonna be big. Gaga and Miley are gonna be in competition with each other now

BlueHydrangeas

“My main concern isn’t radio,” says Cyrus, whose “Wrecking Ball” spent three weeks at No. 1 in 2013. “I truly don’t even listen to it.”

Music not the bling, dying for the art, 2013 Martyr Gaga influenced this movement. Too bad the Art-Police/Celebrities weren't there for it when she did it. :nails:

"Unplugged, Countrified Singer-Songwriter"? 

Gaga has already influenced the celebrity world again with Joanne. They were quick to catch on to her revolution this era, after they flopped on ARTPOP, I'm surprised. :classy:

TheJoanneHat

Miley before meeting Gaga :

Lady-Gaga-les-fans-de-Miley-Cyrus-veulen

Miley after meeting Gaga :

top-10-des-photos-les-plus-trash-de-mile

Miley after listening to Joanne : #Cured

photo.jpg

That impact tho

just another gay
23 hours ago, elijahfan said:

Can't wait! You guys can say whatever you want, but Dead Petz is one of the best albums of the last few years.

yes, it was so underrated. Karen don't be sad is still one of the best songs in the past 5 years

Chuckles

No one in the first page read the article, she is going in a new musical direction people.... let's hope backyard sessions type!

BlingNotTheMusic

"Rootsy new music"

Joanne's impact tho

nb4 Miley releases a "stripped down" album AKA ha Joanne...

:sure:

Archived