💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Katy Perry - Bon Appétit

merlot

Featured Posts

Magneto

A popular Dutch radio station allows for listeners to vote for song to 'make it or break it'. If enough users dig it, the song gets put into rotation. Quick note: 6 out of the top 10 acts in The Netherlands atm are DJ/EDM-acts and generally popgirls are doing really bad here. Gaga finally got a single made with The Cure (70,1% positive), but yesterday Bon Appétit got a 76,4% positive vote! I would like to express my opinion on this matter, but y'all would kill me, so HeyGirl.mp3:awkney:

Free my mind

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MelbHawker
23 hours ago, ItWasntLaauv said:

Either way, that's her choice to serve her crotch to someone and letting them go wild, not ours. If that's what she likes doing sexually, I don't think we should be knocking her for it. Maybe I've been listening to so much CupcakKe that this song seems innocent in comparison but I really don't think this song is that big a deal tbh.

People can say similar things about DWUW. I know DWUW is about having artistic integrity and people using her image but there's totally a double meaning and she showed that during her performances of it on SNL and on the AMAs. My interpretation of that song when it first came out was her letting someone do what they want sexually with her without any of her emotions getting involved.

I think it's hypocritical for us to lay into Katy for these lyrics, if you're gonna judge the song, judge it based on the way it sounds or the corniness of the lyrics, adding more negative meaning to a fun song about your person of interest giving you head is unnecessary.

Personally I think the song is funny and the instrumental is incredible especially when it gets to the second chorus around 2:09. :rockstar:

And don't think of this as an attack on you, that's the last thing I want this to be, just a lil debate. :hor:

I agree that her output is her own prerogative - I just can't get past these lyrics. They disrespect her, even though she's the one singing them. I know it's just pop music, but like.. these lyrics will be learned and repeated by young girls (and boys too). The song reduces the woman to a 'meal'.. I just don't get it why she'd put something out like these. It contradicts her social statements/feminist stance in such a big way.

DWUW is undoubtedly a provocative song, but I don't think it's vulgar lyrically. DWUW has so much depth. Bon Appetite is just... :toofunny:

It's meant to be a fun song - it's catchy as hell. She's miles better than it though. 

MelbHawker
6 hours ago, goods said:

She's finally put out something somewhat edgy and non-generic. 

:toofunny: omg

Jenniferella

I freaking love it, it's stuck in my head. My personal summer jam is here :tony:

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Shaney
19 hours ago, CautiousLurker said:

Edit: Well nevermind, there is a thread for the solo version now, I'll just go there

the bridge is actually very good

Akbar Yunadi

been listening to it since day one. I kinda like it. you guys should appreciate it more.

akbaryunadi

merlot
8 hours ago, Akbar Yunadi said:

been listening to it since day one. I kinda like it. you guys should appreciate it more.

i'm trying :toofunny:

i only enjoy it after 2:00 

AyaKara

I really like this. The vibe is great. It's almost like a videogame song (Persona, anyone?) with a pretty cool vocal melody.

Archived