opinion

The Shadiness of Katy Perry...

Dirtyicecreamz

Featured Posts

Blade
7 minutes ago, OBEY said:

LOL as if Gaga ever talks about her own rumors :rip: 

she did talk about the dik rumor :poot:

OT:  I know what you mean, I mean there were news outlets reporting about her collab with Ari... She could've at least said hinted that it's a false rumor.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Supersonic
3 minutes ago, Bebe said:

In fairness though, I don't remember Gaga tweeting out that Beyonce and Rihanna were not featured on 'Ratchet' you know what I mean?

Like... I can't fault Katy on this. Rumors always swirl around celebrities and they can't address every rumor. I think at a certain stage you have to go:

"F*ck it let people believe what they want, they can think I'm pregnant, they can think my marriage is in crisis, they can think I'm starring in a movie, they can think I'm dating this person, they can think I'm working with this person - the truth will come out in the end."

If celebrities went out and addressed every rumor that has ever been started about them they would go insane. You sort of have to just ignore it.

I agree with this.

However, especially in light of Katy receiving an award of her "LGBT activism", collaborating with openly & rampantly homophobic musicians just for the sake of a quick little hit seems like a huge slap into everybody's face.

CannaeDrive

People just have to stop believing rumors without any solid source to confirm it, this is as simple as that.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Dirtyicecreamz
8 minutes ago, Bebe said:

In fairness though, I don't remember Gaga tweeting out that Beyonce and Rihanna were not featured on 'Ratchet' you know what I mean?

Like... I can't fault Katy on this. Rumors always swirl around celebrities and they can't address every rumor. I think at a certain stage you have to go:

"F*ck it let people believe what they want, they can think I'm pregnant, they can think my marriage is in crisis, they can think I'm starring in a movie, they can think I'm dating this person, they can think I'm working with this person - the truth will come out in the end."

If celebrities went out and addressed every rumor that has ever been started about them they would go insane. You sort of have to just ignore it.

But the ratchet rumors were just Rumors!! You don't see what I'm saying, News outlets were ALL saying that it was basically true for Bon Appetit so fans, of course, believed it. Even we did. It's just the fact that, like I said before, she dismissed her fan saying she doesn't time when she knows it was just to create hype around her single with the help of Ariana fans. If that's not shady... gurl. But Lol regardless it's not a big deal, just very katy perry-like. 

Stop the music, Start the drama.

Bebe
Just now, Supersonic said:

I agree with this.

However, especially in light of Katy receiving an award of her "LGBT activism", collaborating with openly & rampantly homophobic musicians just for the sake of a quick little hit seems like a huge slap into everybody's face.

Yeah I'm no fan of Katy, I don't mind criticisms over her songs or whatever - and it's fair to criticise her for choosing to work with Migos who has made homophobic comments - I just don't think the particular criticism of her not addressing rumors sticks...

lordmaler

Idgi

Where she was being shady/rude in that tweet?

Also is that Azealia Banks in ur avi?

DeanWinchester
16 minutes ago, Dirtyicecreamz said:

because it became much more than a rumor. News outlets were all reporting it. It's also just the way she dismissed her fan saying she didn't have time that was pretty rude, because she did... 

I bet she thought she needed the extra publicity and support from Ariana's fans? :madge:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Dirtyicecreamz
1 minute ago, lordmaler said:

Idgi

Where she was being shady/rude in that tweet?

Also is that Azealia Banks in ur avi?

It's rude cause she acts like she doesn't have time to tell her fans a simple "no" even though she does. She's dismissing them completely.  She also doesn't give af. She fooled everyone lmao. Anyways I guess this just goes to show KP can literally do anything but some of yall will never see the shade.  & yes, It's Azealia Banks

Bebe
13 minutes ago, Dirtyicecreamz said:

But the ratchet rumors were just Rumors!! You don't see what I'm saying, News outlets were ALL saying that it was basically true for Bon Appetit so fans, of course, believed it. Even we did. It's just the fact that, like I said before, she dismissed her fan saying she doesn't time when she knows it was just to create hype around her single with the help of Ariana fans. If that's not shady... gurl. But Lol regardless it's not a big deal, just very katy perry-like. 

No I see what you are saying I just disagree :huh:

Lets not forget we had Billboard Articles on Ratchet:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/the-juice/1481607/beyonce-lady-gaga-azealia-banks-collaborating-on-ratchet-single

LA Times articles:

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/mar/08/entertainment/la-et-ms-beyonce-lady-gaga-ratchet-azealia-banks-20130308

POPCRUSH didn't just speculate, they wrote: 

"The song has been rumored to be in the works for a while now, but has only recently and rapidly been gaining momentum. We the Urban uncovered the track and have a handy timeline of each artist’s hints and confirmations about appearing on the song."

and

"It may be tough for any song to live up to the expectations that come when you put four of the most famous women on the planet to record together, but we don’t doubt for a second that these ladies can pull it off. Brace yourselves, K—s, Rihanna Navy members, Bey Hivers and Little Monsters — ‘Ratchet’ is on the way!"

http://popcrush.com/ratchet-snippet-azealia-banks-lady-gaga-beyonce-rihanna/

I mean I could post article:
http://www.refinery29.com/2013/01/41336/beyonce-gaga-telephone-sequel

after article:
http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/23/beyonce-lady-gaga-rihanna-and-azealia-banks-track-ratchet-leaks-online-3362855/

after article:
http://www.mtv.com/news/2518015/beyonce-lady-gaga-ratchet-earrings/

I didn't hear a peep from Gaga as Billboard wrote articles like:
"Will "Ratchet" be the title of the first single off her [Beyonce's] forthcoming fifth studio album? Or, even better, will it be a collaboration with Lady Gaga and Azealia Banks?"

I didn't hear anything from her when The Refinery wrote stuff like:
 "Ah, the good old days, when Beyoncé and Lady Gaga were the world's greatest duo, in the unstoppable video sensation that was "Telephone." Well, don't get all nostalgic quite yet. Though the single may have since faded from the charts in the past few years, it ain't over 'til it's over! The dream team is apparently getting back together for a sequel to the 2010 track, as Beyoncé hinted in this Instagram photo."

Like news outlets talked about Ratchet too, many as if it was a true collab :shrug: I just don't think Katy needs to be dispelling every rumor about her, I don't think it was 'shady', I don't think it was her trying to get Ariana fans to promote her. In the same way I don't think those things about Gaga

Yeah, and she keeps on talking about pies and sht. and we just got MIGOS? not ARI? 

GAGA || TAYLOR || BJÖRK || KENDRICK || LANA || NICKI || MADONNA || KANYE || BEYONCÉ || MARIAH || MCR || KATE || RINA || CHARLI || FIONA

Dirtyicecreamz
3 minutes ago, Bebe said:

No I see what you are saying I just disagree :huh:

Lets not forget we had Billboard Articles on Ratchet:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/the-juice/1481607/beyonce-lady-gaga-azealia-banks-collaborating-on-ratchet-single

LA Times articles:

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/mar/08/entertainment/la-et-ms-beyonce-lady-gaga-ratchet-azealia-banks-20130308

POPCRUSH didn't just speculate, they wrote: 

"The song has been rumored to be in the works for a while now, but has only recently and rapidly been gaining momentum. We the Urban uncovered the track and have a handy timeline of each artist’s hints and confirmations about appearing on the song."

and

"It may be tough for any song to live up to the expectations that come when you put four of the most famous women on the planet to record together, but we don’t doubt for a second that these ladies can pull it off. Brace yourselves, K—s, Rihanna Navy members, Bey Hivers and Little Monsters — ‘Ratchet’ is on the way!"

http://popcrush.com/ratchet-snippet-azealia-banks-lady-gaga-beyonce-rihanna/

I mean I could post article:
http://www.refinery29.com/2013/01/41336/beyonce-gaga-telephone-sequel

after article:
http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/23/beyonce-lady-gaga-rihanna-and-azealia-banks-track-ratchet-leaks-online-3362855/

after article:
http://www.mtv.com/news/2518015/beyonce-lady-gaga-ratchet-earrings/

I didn't hear a peep from Gaga as Billboard wrote articles like:
"Will "Ratchet" be the title of the first single off her [Beyonce's] forthcoming fifth studio album? Or, even better, will it be a collaboration with Lady Gaga and Azealia Banks?"

I didn't hear anything from her when The Refinery wrote stuff like:
 "Ah, the good old days, when Beyoncé and Lady Gaga were the world's greatest duo, in the unstoppable video sensation that was "Telephone." Well, don't get all nostalgic quite yet. Though the single may have since faded from the charts in the past few years, it ain't over 'til it's over! The dream team is apparently getting back together for a sequel to the 2010 track, as Beyoncé hinted in this Instagram photo."

Like news outlets talked about Ratchet too, many as if it was a true collab :shrug: I just don't think Katy needs to be dispelling every rumor about her.... 

LOL whaaat. I had no idea news outlets were reporting all of this for Ratchet , wtf:gaycat:. Ur right then. Lmao, I still think she could have been nicer to her fan though and didn't have to dissmiss them like that. & even though she doesn't need to be denying every rumor, I also think she's very fake and knows exactly what she's doing :reductive:

lordmaler
Just now, Dirtyicecreamz said:

It's rude cause she acts like she doesn't have time to tell her fans a simple "no" even though she does. She's dismissing them completely.  She also doesn't give af. She fooled everyone lmao. Anyways I guess this just goes to show KP can literally do anything but some of yall will never see the shade.  & yes, It's Azealia Banks

She didn't fool anyone. KatyCats and Ari fans made that reach because of instagram posts and whatnot, some news media saw it and made articles about it.

Katy or her team didn't serve that story. So it's not her/their fault that some medias are being unprofessional and made articles based on fan reach without contacting her team for actual info.

Bebe
4 minutes ago, Dirtyicecreamz said:

Even though she doesn't need to be denying every rumor, I also think she's very fake and knows exactly what she's doing :reductive:

I think that's just bias tbh, like I'm not a huge fan of Katy - but I really doubt this was a plan to get Ariana fans to promote her single :diane: 

Also, it's not like Ariana was incapable of sending out a tweet like "I wish! Not on this song, but I'm sure it's a killer! Xx" to clear things up with her fans - but she probably felt a similar way to Katy  Neither of them confirmed anything and they probably just didn't feel the need to address every rumor. 

I'm just saying, it's probably unfair to assume the worst possible motives when we don't know what she is thinking :tongue:

Dirtyicecreamz
Just now, Bebe said:

I think that's just bias tbh, like I'm not a huge fan of Katy - but I really doubt this was a plan to get Ariana fans to promote her single :tongue:

Also, it's not like Ariana was incapable of sending out a tweet like "I wish! Not on this song, but I'm sure it's a killer! Xx" to clear things up with her fans - but she probably felt a similar way to Katy  Neither of them confirmed anything and they probably just didn't feel the need to address every rumor. 

I'm just saying, it's probably unfair to assume the worst possible motives when we don't know what she is thinking :diane:

No sis , i don't mean regarding this, i'm talking about in general, Katy has done some shady things in the past that I've never really noticed but that I am now... :emma:

Archived