💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Top Global Sales of 2016

JohnWayne23

Featured Posts

Glory
6 minutes ago, New Compassion said:

Did Gaga even get into the top 10 with Born This Way in 2011? I feel like Monsters had this "she's an album seller" argument, but the only album that we've had that's a true juggernaut is The Fame. 

#2 in 2011 :toofunny:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, New Compassion said:

Did Gaga even get into the top 10 with Born This Way in 2011? I feel like Monsters had this "she's an album seller" argument, but the only album that we've had that's a true juggernaut is The Fame. 

#2 in pure sales, #3 in US year end charts http://www.billboard.com/charts/year-end/2011/top-billboard-200-albums and roughly ~1.1 million first week sales. It was pretty big!

15 minutes ago, IAmDavid said:

I know it's a joke but ARTPOP has sold like 2-2,2m (in real sales) and Lemonade has sold 3m now. (Also the sales have fallen like 50% since then)

Yeah, even if it's a joke what I meant wasn't that Lemonade was a flop but to show how ARTPOP wasn't a flop.

Edonis
1 minute ago, New Compassion said:

:applause: thank you 

The media truly tarnished the image of this album. 

Of Born This Way? :huh:

Just now, New Compassion said:

:applause: thank you 

The media truly tarnished the image of this album. 

no problem :)

Killa
13 minutes ago, New Compassion said:

Born this way sold a million and half copies on US on first week. Cmon.. dont care if it was hyped or whatever, it sold many copies

Anyways sad not seeing Gaga there and instead the Pentatonix, what kinds of flopping expeditions

Had no idea Love yourself was such a hit not dont let me down.. wow wow

Emvee
6 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Of Born This Way? :huh:

Yeah dude. I thought BTW was a flop because all I remember was just a bunch of negativity and all this fan base could talk about just before the ARTPOP era was how the next album would be her "comeback." 

Edit: sorry my unedited response was full of autocorrect words. 

Edit2: I should rather say that the fans themselves actually undermined the album too. 

Fiona Apple
8 minutes ago, LoisLilMonster said:

Yeah, even if it's a joke what I meant wasn't that Lemonade was a flop but to show how ARTPOP wasn't a flop.

I absolutely agree that ARTPOP isn't a commercial flop but its success can not be compared with Lemonade's That was my point

The Fame Joanne
21 minutes ago, New Compassion said:

What other albums except 21 do you think topped BTW? :awkney: ofc it made the list 

Killa
5 minutes ago, IAmDavid said:

I absolutely agree that ARTPOP isn't a commercial flop but its success can not be compared with Lemonade's That was my point

Yes, in real world those numbers mean little. Lemonade had great impact, ARTPOP is almost unkown by the public. or it is ignored. And Lemonade isn't friendly listening in any way, neither it lingers on current sounds

The Fame Joanne
34 minutes ago, gagagoogoose said:

Gaga is coming for that 2017 Top 10 pure album sales with Joanne and singles with good sis MR and the No 1 hit TC. 

source.gif

This is a WW list. MR has no chance to get on that, neither Joanne probably 

MonsterOfSpain

ARTPOP outsold all of those yet people still label it as a flop. I literally can't

Fiona Apple
6 minutes ago, Killa said:

Yes, in real world those numbers mean little. Lemonade had great impact, ARTPOP is almost unkown by the public. or it is ignored. And Lemonade isn't friendly listening in any way, neither it lingers on current sounds

That's the point of Lemonade.It managed to become a huge success just by having great music,experimentation and a relatable topic.It didn't have to follow the boring mainstream edm-ish pop sound to have success or the current hip hop trends (Also extreme critical acclaim)

Archived